Last Date:31 Oct,2019
Advt. No. 01/2019
Information and Library Network Centre (INFLIBNET)
Applications in prescribed format are invited from Eligible Candidates for filling up Assistant, Scientist and Various (6 posts) in Information and Library Network Centre (INFLIBNET). Candidates must possess the requisite qualification by the last date of receipt of application form i.e. 31-10-2019 .Applications received after the due date will not be entertained.
Name of the post – Assistant, Scientist and Various
No of post – 06
Pay Scale – Rs 78800 – 209200,Rs 67700 – 208700,Rs 35400 – 112400
Bachelor’s degree / Ph.D / B.Lib./B.L.I.Sc .
General Conditions:psu jobs
- Candidates with requisite qualifications acquired from recognized university/institution need only apply.
- Only post qualification experience will be counted.
- Online applications will only be accepted and print hardcopy of the online application along with copy of self attested testimonials shall be send to the Centre. Application not made online and print out of online application along with testimonials not received will be summarily rejected.
- Written test/skill test may be conducted.
- The posts carry usual allowances as per Govt. of India rules as applicable from time to time. The selected candidates will be covered under New Pension Scheme only.
- At present the place of posting is Gandhinagar but the selected candidates are liable to be posted for work anywhere in India as and when required.
- Candidates working in Govt./Govt. Undertaking/Autonomous bodies/Universities must forward their applications through proper channel alongwith Vigilance Clearance Certificate or they may submit NOC & Vigilance Clearance at the time of test/interview failing which he/she will not be allowed to appear for test/interview.
- Incomplete applications shall be summarily rejected and no interim correspondence will be entertained.
- Outstation candidates called for interview will be paid IIIrd AC/SLEEPER CLASS railway fare by the shortest route, on production of photocopy of tickets as a proof of Journey.
- Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification.
- The Number of posts advertised may increase or decrease depending upon the requirement.
- In case of highly deserving candidates, conditions may be relaxed at the discretion of competent authority.
- Age relaxation in case of reserve category/Govt./University/Autonomous body employees will be as per Govt. of India Rules as applicable from time to time.
- Only short listed candidates will be called for test/interview depending upon the criteria set by the Screening/short listing Committee considering the relevant experience etc. and number of applications received.
- Centre reserves the right to raise or lower the minimum eligibility criteria depending upon the number of candidates to be called for interview/test.
- Centre reserves the right to fill or not to fill any post or cancel the advertisement without any notice.
- Candidates must have their valid and active e-mail id for any communication. Centre will not be responsible for bouncing of any e-mail sent to the candidates.
- Corrigendum, if any, will be published on the website of the Centre. Candidates are advised to frequently visit the website for updates.
- Candidates fulfilling the above requirements may fill-up the ONLINE APPLICATION on our website and save the acknowledgement number generated on successful submission of his/her application. The last date for applying online is 31st October 2019 upto 06.00 PM. Hard copy of application completed in all respect shall reach to : “The Administrative Officer, Information and Library Network Centre, An Inter University Centre of University Grants Commission, Opp. NIFT, INFOCITY Area, Gandhinagar : 382007” on or before 8 th November 2019. The Centre reserves the right to reject any application without assigning any reason.No interim correspondence will be entertained. Online application form is available on our website : www.inflibnet.ac.in under jobs menu.
- INFLIBNET Centre (Information and Library Network Centre) is an autonomous Inter-University Centre of the University Grants Commission (UGC) of India under Ministry of HRD (MHRD) located in Gandhinagar, Gujarat. The centre was initially started as a national project under IUCAA in March, 1991. It became an independent Inter-University Centre in June 1996.
- INFLIBNET is involved in modernizing university libraries in India and connecting them as well as information centres in the country through a nationwide high speed data network using the state-of-art technologies for the optimum utilization of information. INFLIBNET is set out to be a major player in promoting scholarly communication among academicians and researchers in India.
- To promote and establish communication facilities to improve capability in information transfer and access, that provide support to scholarship, learning, research and academic pursuit through cooperation and involvement of agencies concerned.
- To establish INFLIBNET: Information and Library Network a computer communication network for linking libraries and information centres in universities, deemed to be universities, colleges, UGC information centres, institutions of national importance and R & D institutions, etc. avoiding duplication of efforts.
- Leveraging on the latest technology, create a virtual network of people and resources in academic institutions with an aim to provide effective and efficient access to knowledge through preserverance, innovation and collaboration.
- Provide seamless, reliable and ubiquitous access to scholarly, peer-reviewed electronic resources to the academic community in all educational institutions with a focus on services and tools, processes and practices that support its effective use and increase value of this information.
- Achieve complete automation of libraries in educational institutions.
- Create union catalogues of documents available in libraries in online and real-time environment.
- Promote digitization of legacy documents and creation of content in e-format (including electronic theses and dissertations, electronic version of research articles, working papers, technical reports, concept papers, technical reports, annual reports, statistical data, etc.) in universities.
click above to download
the employment notification