Last Date:31 Oct,2019
Advt NO. VSSC-309 DATED 16.10.2019
Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre (VSSC)
VSSC is inviting eligible candidates to apply for 36 contractual posts of Junior Research Fellow and Research Associate.Interested Eligible Candidates may send their applications as per prescribed format to concerned E-mail address by 31-10-2019 . All the relevant documents must be sent alongwith application form, as proof of suitability for the posts. Email subject must be formed properly, containing name of post applied for.
Name of the post – Junior Research Fellow and Research Associate
No of post – 36
Pay Scale – Rs 31000,Rs 47000
M.E /M.Tech or equivalent in Aerospace / Aeronautical Engineering / Mechanical / Aerospace / Aeronautical / Propulsion / Computer Science/ Control Systems Engineering/ Electrical Machines / Power Electronics / Drives / Control System/ Microelectronics/ Signal Processing / Communication Systems/ Optical Engineering or equivalent with 65% marks.
General Conditions:latest karnataka govt jobs
- The applicants for JRF positions should also have qualified one of the followingtests and the year of qualification and score have to be furnished in the online application.
i. CSIR-UGC National Eligibility Test, including NET-Lectureship.
ii.Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) conducted by MHRD.
iii.Joint Admission Test (JAM) conducted by MHRD.
iv.Joint Entrance Screening Test (JEST)
- The positions are temporaryand for specific duration.
- THOSE WHO POSSESS THE REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AS ON THE LAST DATE OF APPLICATION ONLY NEED TO APPLY.
- AGE LIMIT (as on 30.10.2019).Minimum age is 18 years for all positions.
- The Junior Research Fellowship is initially for a period of ONE YEAR and is renewable annually for a total period of FIVE years. There will be a review of the activity every year for the renewal of the fellowship.
- The Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) carries an amount of `31,000 per month with a possibility to be increased to `35,000/- as Senior Research Fellow (SRF) after two years, on successful completion and review of research work of the previous two years by a review committee. In addition, the research fellows (JRFs / RAs) will be entitled for HRA as admissible. However, they will not be entitled to Dearness Allowance (DA).
- The selected JRFs are encouraged to register for higher studies.
- The Organisation provides medical facilities (Contributory Health Service Scheme) for self, free transport facilities, subsidised canteen facilitiesetc..The Centre has a well-stocked Library that provides an excellent opportunity for professional development.
- At present, the place of posting is VSSC, Thiruvananthapuram, but the selected candidates are liable to be posted in any of the Centres / Units of the Indian Space Research Organisation/Department of Space situated anywhere in India as and when required.
- Candidates will have to produce the proof of the details furnished in their applications submitted on-line as and when required.
- The selection of JRF& RA will be based on the performance in the interview. Initial screening of applications will be conducted to short-list meritorious candidates for interview. The qualification prescribed is the minimum requirement and the same does not automatically make candidates eligible for interview. The interview will be scheduled at VSSC, Thiruvananthapuram. The call letter for interview will be sent to the short-listed candidates by e-mail. The result of the interview will be announced at the VSSC website subsequently.
- Candidates applying for JRF positions with multiple research fields may note that if selected, allocation of research field will be decided by the Centre.
- Originals of all certificates, mark sheets, Ph.D. degree in proof of educational qualification[Equivalency Certificate in case of foreign Degree], proof of work experience, age etc.
- No Objection Certificate, from the employer concerned in respect of those applicants who are employed under Central / State Government / Public Sector Undertakings / Autonomous Bodies.
- The Research Associateship is initially for a period of ONE YEAR and is renewable annually for a total period of two years (three years in exceptional cases). There will be a review of the progress of the work before the renewal every year and the remuneration will be fixed at `49,000/`54,000 for the 2nd and 3rd year respectively.
- Candidates should submit a research proposal (not exceeding 2000 words) on the work they intend to carry out at VSSC in the research field mentioned in the advertisement with the application.
- No interim correspondence will be entertained.
- Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification.
- Candidates working under Central/State Government, Public Sector Undertakings, Autonomous bodies etc. should submit their application through proper channel or submit ‘No objection certificate’ at the time of interview.
- Candidates possessing Degrees awarded by foreign universities should produce the equivalency certificate issued by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi, at the time of interview.
- Applications submitted without complete information, photo, signature etc. will besummarily rejected.
- Applications for the position of JRF-E1901 to JRF- S1922 will be received through on-line only and for RA-1923 to RA-1925, applications in prescribed format along with required documents to be sent to email <firstname.lastname@example.org> and all further communications will be made to the applicants through e-mail/VSSC website only. Therefore, the applicants are advised to check their e-mail and visit the VSSC website from time to time.Submission of on-line applications in the website http://www.vssc.gov.in will be open from1000 hours on 16.10.2019 to 1700 hours on 30.10.2019. The candidates registered under National Career Service (NCS) portal and fulfilling the eligibility conditions may visit ISRO website and follow the application procedure as stated.
- Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre (VSSC) is the lead Centre of Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) under the Department of Space (DOS), Government of India. The Centre is named in fond memory of Dr Vikram A Sarabhai, the great visionary and the father of Indian Space Programme. VSSC pioneers in rocket research and launch vehicle projects of ISRO. The Centre also pursues research and development activities in associated areas like propellants, solid propulsion technology, aerodynamics, aero structural and aero thermal fields, avionics, polymers and composites, guidance, control & simulation, computer and information, mechanical engineering, aerospace mechanisms, vehicle integration and testing, space ordnance, chemicals and materials. Systems reliability and quality assurance of all aspects of engineering and operations are studied and evaluated to the levels of perfection required in each field. Programme planning and evaluation, technology transfer and industrial coordination, indigenisation, human resources development, safety and personnel and general administration groups support the Centre for all its activities.
- The Space Physics Laboratory (SPL) at VSSC carries out research and studies in atmospheric science and other related space science activities. Ammonium Perchlorate Experimental Plant (APEP) at Aluva in Kerala and the ISRO Inertial Systems Unit (IISU) at Thiruvananthapuram in Kerala also form part of VSSC.
- The ongoing programmes at VSSC include launch vehicle projects like Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV), Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle (GSLV), Rohini Sounding Rockets and Space-capsule Recovery Experiments. The next generation launcher GSLV MkIII (also known as LVM3) has successfully undergone an experimental flight with passive cryo stage and proved the atmospheric regime. LVM3 flight with an active cryo stage, Reusable Launch Vehicle (RLV) and Air Breathing Propulsion for Advanced Reusable Launch Vehicle, Human Spaceflight Project etc are on the anvil.
click above to download
the employment notification