Last Date:11 Nov,2019
Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI)
Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) is inviting eligible candidates to apply online for 6 posts of Food Analyst.Interested and Eligible Candidates may apply online by 11-11-2019 , after making sure that they meet the concerned eligibility criteria. All personal and educational details must be mentioned properly.
Name of the post – Food Analyst
No of post – 06
Pay Scale – Pay Level-10
Master’s degree in Chemistry or Biochemistry or microbiology or Dairy Chemistry or Food Technology, Food and Nutrition or Bachelor of Technology in Dairy or Oil or degree in Veterinary Sciences and min 3 years experience.
General Instruction:government doctor jobs
- Correspondence with the Authority: The Authority will not enter into any correspondence with the candidates about their candidature except in the following cases:
- The Admission Letter will be made available on the Authority’s website www.fssai.gov.in for downloading by candidates. No Admission letter will be sent by post. If a candidate does not receive his e-Admission letter or any other communication regarding his/her candidature for the examination he/she should at once contact the help facility as mentioned above.
- No candidate will ordinarily be allowed to take the examination unless he/she holds an Admission Letter for the examination. On downloading of e- Admission Letter, check it carefully and bring discrepancies/errors, if any, to the notice of the Authority immediately.
- PROOF OF IDENTITY TO BE SUBMITTED AT THE TIME OF EXAMINATIONS: At the time of appearing for the examination, candidates are required to produce a currently valid photo identity card in original and a photocopy of the same in addition to the admission letter. Acceptable photo identity cards are PAN Card/ Passport/ Driving License/ Voter’s Card/ Bank Passbook with photograph/ Photo identity proof issued by a Gazetted Officer on official letterhead/ Photo identity proof issued by a People’s Representative on official letterhead/ valid recent Identity Card issued by a recognised college / university/ e-Aadhar card / Aadhar card with a photograph/ Employee ID/ Bar Council Identity card with photograph. The candidate’s identity will be verified with respect to his/her details on the Admission Letter /Examination Call Letter, in the Attendance List and requisite documents submitted. If identity of the candidate is in doubt the candidate may not be allowed to appear for the
- Candidates have to produce in original the photo identity proof and submit a photocopy of the photo identity proof along with Admission Letter/ Examination Call Letter while attending each shift of the examination without which they will not be allowed to take up the examination. Candidates must note that the name (provided during the process of registration) as appearing on the call letters should exactly match the name as appearing on the photo identity proof, certificates, mark-sheets. Female candidates who have changed first/last/middle name post marriage must take special note of this. In case of candidates who have changed their name, will be allowed only if they produce – original Gazette Notification/their original marriage certificate/affidavit in original, together
with a photocopy. If there is any mismatch between the name indicated in the Admission Letter/ Examination Call Letter and Photo Identity Proof, the candidate will not be allowed to appear for the examination.
- The Authority would be analyzing the responses of a candidate with other appeared candidates to detect patterns of similarity. On the basis of such an analysis, if it is found that the responses have been shared and scores obtained are not genuine/ valid, the Authority reserves the right to cancel his/her candidature.
- Authority does not assume any responsibility for the candidates not being able to submit their applications within the last date on account of or for any other reason beyond the control of the Authority.
- The candidates should note that their admission to the examination will be purely provisional based on the information given by them in the Application Form. This will be subject to verification of all the eligibility conditions by the Authority. The mere fact that an Admission Letter has been issued to a candidate, will not imply that his/her candidature has been finally cleared by the Authority or that entries made by the candidate in his/her application for the Preliminary examination have been accepted by the Authority as true and correct. Candidates may note that the Authority takes up the verification of eligibility conditions of a candidate, with reference to original documents, only after the candidate has qualified for the CBT/Written Test/ Skill Test/ Interview. Unless candidature is formally confirmed by the Authority, it continues to be provisional. The decision of the Authority as to the eligibility or otherwise of a candidate for admission to the Examination shall be final.
- Candidates should note that the name in the Admission letter in some cases, may be abbreviated due to technical reasons.
- The possibility for occurrence of some problems in the administration of the examinations cannot be ruled out completely, which may impact test delivery and/ or result from being generated. In that event, every effort will be made to rectify such problem, which may include movement of candidates, delay in test. Conduct of a re-exam is at the absolute discretion of FSSAI/test conducting body. Candidates will not have any claim for a re-test. Candidates not willing to move or not willing to participate in the delayed process of test delivery shall be summarily rejected from the process.
- Candidates are advised to keep their e-mail ID/mobile number alive for receiving advices viz. Admission letters/Interview letters, etc. Candidates may check e-mails/SMS regularly. The Authority does not send any communication through any other mode.
- The posts are also open to the employees of Food Authority (Staff Candidates) who satisfy the eligibility criteria. Their status as staff candidate will be verified at the time of interview or at any stage deem fit.
- The Authority does not furnish the mark-sheet to candidates. Marks obtained in Examination and Interview will be made available on the Authority’s web-site in an interactive mode only after declaration of the final result.
- Any canvassing by or on behalf of the candidates or to bring political or other outside influence with regard to their selection/recruitment shall be considered as disqualification.
- In all matters regarding eligibility, conduct of examinations, interviews, assessment, prescribing minimum qualifying standards in both the Examination and interview, in relation to number of vacancies and communication of result, the Authority’s decision shall be final and binding on the candidates and no correspondence shall be entertained in this regard.
- The eligibility for availing reservation against the vacancies reserved for the persons with Benchmark disabilities shall be the same as prescribed in “Rights of Persons with Disabilities (RPWD) Act 2016″ Provided further that the persons with Benchmark disabilities shall also be required to meet special eligibility criteria in terms of physical requirements/functional classification (abilities/disabilities) consistent with requirements prescribed.
- A candidate will be eligible to get the benefit of community reservation only in case the particular caste to which the candidates belong is included in the list of reserved communities issued by the Central Government. If a candidate indicates in his/her application form that he/she belongs to General category but subsequently writes to the Authority to change his/her category to a reserved one, such request shall not be entertained by the Authority. Similar principle will be followed for PwBD categories also. In case of a candidate unfortunately becoming physically disabled during the course of the examination process, the candidate should produce validdocument showing him/her acquiring a disability to the extent of 40% or more as defined under RPWD Act, 2016
to enable him/her to get the benefits of PwBD reservation.
- Candidates seeking reservation/ relaxation benefits available for SC/ST/OBC/PwBD/Ex-servicemen must ensure that they are entitled to such reservation/ relaxation as per eligibility prescribed. They should also be in possession of all the requisite certificates in the prescribed format in support of their claim as stipulated for such benefits and these certificates should be dated earlier than the due date (closing date) of the application.
- Appointment of candidates shall be as per the Govt. of India Instructions and will be subject to their being found medically fit and the verification of character, antecedents and caste, wherever applicable.
- No person shall be eligible for appointment who had previously been dismissed or compulsorily retired from the service of a Department of a State or the Central Government or from any Public Sector Undertaking etc.
- No person shall be eligible for appointment who has been convicted in a Court of law for any offence involving moral turpitude.
- No TA will be provided for the Written Test. However, candidates will be given AC 3 Tier Rail fare or ordinary bus fare “to and fro” by the shortest route, subject to production of railway ticket/bus ticket for attending the Interview.
- Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) is an autonomous body established under the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India.The FSSAI has been established under the Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006 which is a consolidating statute related to food safety and regulation in India.FSSAI is responsible for protecting and promoting public health through the regulation and supervision of food safety.
- The FSSAI is headed by a non-executive Chairperson, appointed by the Central Government, either holding or has held the position of not below the rank of Secretary to the Government of India. Rita Teotia is the current Chairperson for FSSAI and Pawan Kumar Agarwal is the current Chief Executive Officer for FSSAI.
- The FSSAI has its headquarters at New Delhi. The authority also has 6 regional offices located in Delhi, Guwahati, Mumbai, Kolkata, Cochin, and Chennai.14 referral laboratories notified by FSSAI, 72 State/UT laboratories located throughout India and 112 laboratories are NABL accredited private laboratories notified by FSSAI.
- FSSAI was established by Former Union Health Minister Dr Anbumani Ramadoss,Government of India on 5 August 2011 under Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006 which was operationalized in year 2006. The FSSAI consists of a chairperson & 22 members. The FSSAI is responsible for setting standards for food so that there is one body to deal with and no confusion in the minds of consumers, traders, manufacturers, and investors.Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India is the Administrative Ministry of Food Safety and Standards Authority of India.The following are the statutory powers that the FSS Act, 2006 gives to the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI).
click above to download
the employment notification
click above to apply
now online or download form