Last Date:05 Mar,2019
Institute of Life Sciences (ILS)
Institute of Life Sciences Bhubaneswar (ILS Bhubaneswar) will fill up 2 contractual posts of Laboratory Technician from eligible candidates and applications are invited from Interested Candidates so that it reaches by 05-03-2019 along with documents related to age, qualification and experience.
Name of the post – Laboratory Technician
No of post – 02
Pay Scale – Rs. 17000/- per month
Intermediate with DMLT (1 year course) and have work experience or B.Sc. in Biotechnology/ Zoology/Botany/Microbiology/Physiology.
General Instructions:latest andhra govt jobs
- Institute of Life Sciences (ILS), Bhubaneswar, an autonomous institute of the Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India invites applications from Indian Nationals to join in the following positions Name of position: Laboratory Technician (02 Nos) Emoluments: Rs. 17000/- per month (Consolidated).
- Project: DBT project entitled ‘Multi-Institutional Network Program on Systemic lupus Erythematosus understanding the Diversity of SLE’.
- Candidates having Intermediate with DMLT (1 year course) and have work experience in a biology research laboratory after obtaining DMLT; and/or Candidates having B.Sc. in Biotechnology/ Zoology/Botany/Microbiology/Physiology and have work experience in a biology research laboratory after obtaining the BSc.
- The upper age limit of the candidate should be below 28 years from the last date of submission of application. Age relaxation will be given as per GOI guidelines.
- Selection will be carried out through application screening, followed by an interview process
- Interested/eligible candidates may download application form from the institute website (www.ils.res.in ) and apply along with self-attested copies of mark sheets and certificates to “The Director, Institute of Life Sciences, Nalco Square, Bhubaneswar-751023. Super-scribe the envelope with Advt. No., the project title and the position name. No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview. The decision of the Director regarding selection of candidates will be final and no further correspondence will be entertained in this regard. Incomplete applications and applications without the above mentioned documents will be rejected.
- Selected candidate will not have any right to claim explicit or implicit for any post in Institute of Life Sciences. The initial appointment will be made for one year which is extendable year to year basis after satisfactory performance. Only names of short listed candidates will be published in the Institute website and separate call letter will not be issued. No TA/DA will be given for attending the interview. The decision of the Director regarding selection of the candidates will be final and no correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
- All communication will be through e-mail. No separate call letter will be issued to candidates.
- Eligible candidates agreeing to the terms of appointment may send applications for these posts by 05-03-2019 in the given format. Applications should reach the venue along with all relevant documents of qualification, experience, age and photographs.Envelope must be superscribed properly. Keep a copy of application form for future use.
- Institute of Life Sciences (ILS) was established in the year 1989 as an autonomous institute under the administrative control of Govt. of Odisha. In 2002, it was taken over by the Department of Biotechnology, Govt. of India. The Prime Minister of India Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee dedicated the institute to the nation in July 2003.
- Institute of Life Sciences has a broad vision of carrying out high-quality multidisciplinary research in the area of life sciences. The goal is for overall development and betterment of human health, longevity, agriculture and environment. The stated mission of the institution is to work towards upliftment of the human society and generate skilled human resources for future India. These are achieved by undertaking cutting-edge research using state-of-the-art technologies in the fields of vector-borne diseases such as malaria and filaria, viral infections, cancer biology, allergy and auto-immune disorders, genetic disorders, and agricultural productivity. Towards this, the institute has established necessary infrastructure, including research facilities, genomics and proteomics platforms, flow cytometry, imaging facilities, animal house, green-house, plant tissue culture and zebrafish facilities and high performance computing facility etc. with financial support from the Dept. of Biotechnology, Govt. of India.
- The institute has been highly successful in recruiting faculties with high level of competence in research in fields like cell biology, gene function and regulation, structural biology, immunology, immuno-genomics, auto-immune diseases, plant immunity, plant biotechnology, environmental biotechnology, microbial biotechnology, developmental biology, nano-technology and nano-medicine, computational biology and bioinformatics. Recruitment of 26 highly skilled faculties, about 80% of them with considerable expertise in relevant fields and with practical experience gained from internationally reputed research laboratories outside India, has added vibrancy and vitality to the institute’s research mandate. Nearly 50% of the faculties have been appointed in the last 5 years.
- Although the institute has hired faculties from diverse fields, they have quickly amalgamated to form well focused and multidisciplinary research programmes. They have developed synergistic programs, through continuous discussions, peer mentoring and have established collaborations internally and outside the institute, thus placing the institute at highly advantageous position in terms of fulfilling its mandate. The institute has set-up an extension centre at the Ispat General Hospital, Rourkela to promote and facilitate research on infectious diseases. The institute has initiated and is particularly committed to developing Bhubaneswar-Cuttack cluster model for collaborative research involving neighbouring research organizations like NISER, IIT, AIIMS, NRRI, KIIT, RPRC and others.
- The faculties of the institute are recognized as Ph.D. guides by Utkal, Manipal and KIIT University for awarding the Ph.D. degree. The world-class faculty and state-of–the-art facilities at ILS have attracted the bright and committed students to the institute which currently has about 100 Ph.D. students and a large number of post-doctoral fellows, fast track as well as women scientists. The institute has a governance system where every faculty is treated as a vertical segment of the institute. The research focus at ILS has been categorized into four themes – infectious diseases, cancer biology, genetic and auto-immune diseases and plant & microbial biotechnology. ILS has grown dynamically with continuous addition of infrastructure including the new R&D building. The second campus of ILS containing faculty and staff houses, a new hostel and science outreach and communication centre.
- ILS faculty have attracted significant extramural funding including a unit of excellence in cancer biology. Nine faculty are Ramalingaswami/Ramanujan fellows and 2 are Wellcome trust-DBT intermediate fellows. Three ILS faculties have been awarded prestigious TATA innovation fellowship of DBT. Over the years ILS has produced 80 Ph.D.s, over 450 publications and 27 patents applied. With impressive infrastructure, experienced scientists, students, and a dedicated support staff, ILS looks forward to strengthen its position as a National centre of excellent in the country.
click above to download
the employment notification
click above to apply
now online or download form