Last Date:15 December 2019
Advt No : 2/2019
Central Scientific Instruments Organization (CSIO)
CSIO Recruitment aka Central Scientific Instruments Organization invites Application for the post of 27 Technical Assistant & SMO. Apply Online Before 21 December 2018. CSIO Jobs Qualification/ eligibility conditions, how to apply CSIO Vacancy & other rules are given below… Official website is www.csio.res.in
Name of the post – Technical Assistant & SMO
No of post – 27
Pay Scale – Level -6, 10, 11
General Conditions:police recruitment
- The applicant must be a citizen of India.
- All applicants must fulfill the essential requirements of the post and other conditions stipulated in the advertisement as on the last date of submission of the online applications. They are advised to satisfy themselves before applying that they possess at least the essential qualifications laid down for various posts as on the last date of submission of the online applications. No enquiry asking for
advice as to eligibility will be entertained.
- The applicant should upload relevant educational qualification and experience certificates and documents in support of information given in the application form. The prescribed qualifications should have been obtained through recognized Universities / Institutions. etc. Incomplete applications/ applications not accompanied with the required certificates / documents will be summarily rejected.
- In respect of equivalence clause in Essential Qualifications, if a candidate is claiming a particular qualification as equivalent qualification as per the requirement of advertisement, then the candidate is required to produce order/letter in this regard, indicating the Authority (with number and date) under which it has been so treated otherwise the Application is liable to be rejected.
- The period of experience rendered by a candidate on part time basis, daily wages, visiting/ guest faculty will not be counted while calculating the valid experience for short listing the candidates for
interview (wherever applicable).
- If any document/ certificate furnished is in a language other than Hindi or English, a transcript of the same duly attested by a Gazetted officer or notary is to be submitted.
- The date for determining the upper age limit, qualifications and /or experience shall be the closing date prescribed for submission of online applications.
- The period of experience in a discipline / area of work, wherever prescribed, shall be counted after the date of acquiring the minimum prescribed educational qualifications for that post.
- Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PwBD) fulfilling the eligibility conditions prescribed under Government of India (GOI) instructions are encouraged to apply.
- The Institute strives to have a workforce which reflects gender balance and women candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Only outstation candidates who are found eligible and called for interview (wherever applicable) will be paid to and fro single second class (Sleeper) rail fare from the actual place of undertaking the journey or from the normal place of their residence whichever is nearer to Chandigarh/ Chandigarh Railway Station on production of rail tickets/ rail ticket numbers or any other proof of journey and admit card/ interview letter.
- The selected candidates will be on probation for a period of one year from the date of taking over charge of the post. The probationary period may be extended or curtailed at the discretion of the
Competent Authority. After successful completion of probationary period, they will be considered for confirmation in accordance with the extant rules.
- As per the resolution regarding Official Language (Rajbhasha), the selected candidates will have to acquire the knowledge of Hindi during the probationary period.
- After successful completion of probationary period, the appointment may be terminated at any time by a month’s notice given by either side i.e. the appointee or the appointing authority, without assigning any reason. The appointing authority, however, reserves the right of terminating the services of the appointee forthwith or before the expiry of the stipulated period of notice by making the payment of a sum equivalent to the pay and allowances for the period of notice or the unexpired portion thereof.
- The services in the Council are liable for transfer to anywhere in India. CSIR-CSIO can transfer any employee from one Laboratory/ Institute to another including their Extension/Field Centres in Public interest. Director, CSIR-CSIO, can transfer any Employee from Headquarters of the Organization/Lab. to its extension/Field/Regional Centres and vice-versa.
- The provisions of the Central Civil Services (Conduct) Rules, 1964 & Central Civil Service (Classification, Control and Appeal) Rules, 1965 and such other rules or executive orders as may from time to time be applicable to the servants of the Council, shall apply to the extent to which they are applicable to the appointment hereby offered and the decision of the Council as to their applicability shall be final.
- The selected candidates will not be permitted to apply for appointment elsewhere or in CSIR-CSIO during the probationary period and if they have already applied for any posts in any other organisation, they may have to intimate the details of such applications immediately after joining the Institute.
- CSIR-CSIO reserves the right not to fill up a particular post, if it so desires. The number of vacancies indicated above is provisional and may vary. However, the change, if any as per our requirement, shall be notified on our website.
- Any matter not specifically stated in the advt. shall be determined by the Director, CSIR-CSIO, Chandigarh and his decision shall be final and binding.
- Any discrepancy found between the information given in application and as evident in original documents will make the candidate ineligible for the post.
How To Apply:
- Eligible candidates are required to apply online only through our website http://www.csio.res.in. The candidates are not required to submit to CSIR-CSIO either by post or by hand the print outs of their online applications or any other document. They are advised to keep with them print out of online application along with documents for reference and verification at later stage.
- If the candidate does not have a valid email ID, he/she should create a new valid email ID before applying online.
- Online Application will be available on our website http://www.csio.res.in during 15.11.2019 to 15.12.2019 upto 5.00 PM.
- Before applying online, the candidates are advised to read the instructions for online application carefully.
- The non-refundable fee for online application is Rs. 500/- (Rupees Five Hundred Only) for General/OBC/EWS candidates. The fee is to be deposited online through State Bank Collect only. The transaction number generated after successful payment of fee is required to be mentioned in the online application. The candidates are advised to download the E-receipt and preserve it. Steps for online fee payment are given in online application form instructions on CSIR-CSIO website. The candidates belonging to SC/ST/PwBD/Women/CSIR Employees/Abroad Candidates category are exempted from submission of application fee.
- In case of universities/institutes awarding CGPA/SGPA/OGPA grades etc., the candidates are requested to convert the same into percentage based on the formula as per their university/institute
- Successful online application is indicated by the page displayed after clicking Submit Button indicating the generated “APPLICATION FORM NUMBER”. Please note down the same carefully and preserve it. If you do not preserve it, you will not be able to Re-print the Application.
- Candidates applying for more than one post must submit separate online application form for each post along with separate application fee.
- Interested candidates are advised to apply in time to avoid last minute rush and it is notified that last date will not be extended on the grounds of online technical issues/problems.
- Incomplete applications [i.e. without uploading photograph/ signature/ applicable testimonials/ application fee (wherever applicable), etc.] will not be entertained and will be summarily rejected.
- Central Scientific Instruments Organisation  is a national laboratory dedicated to research, design and development of scientific and industrial instruments. It is one of the constituent laboratories of the Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR), India, an industrial research and development organisation of the country. CSIO is situated at Sector 30C, Chandigarh, India.
- CSIO was established in October 1959 as a laboratory which works on the research, design, and development of scientific and industrial instruments. It was located in New Delhi, and then moved to Chandigarh in 1962. The first Director was Piara Singh Gill. CSIO campus (spread over an area of approximately 120 acres) comprises office buildings, R&D laboratories, Indo-Swiss Training Centre and a housing complex. A building and the accompanying workshops were inaugurated in December 1967. Another block was added in 1976 for housing the R&D Divisions and library. During the mid-1980s the laboratory buildings and infrastructural facilities were modernized. An Administration Block was inaugurated in September 1994.
- With a view to meeting the demand for instrument technologists, the Indo-Swiss Training Centre (ISTC) was started in December 1963 with the co-operation of Swiss Foundation for Technical Assistance, Zurich, Switzerland.
- CSIO is under the Physical Sciences Cluster of CSIR. CSIR-CSIO has signed an MoU with CSIR-IMTECH Chandigarh on 28 April 2012 for collaborative research work.
- CSIO has infrastructural facilities in the areas of microelectronics, optics, applied physics, electronics, and mechanical engineering. R&D programmes are in food & agriculture, health and rehabilitation, avionics, snow and seismic monitoring in strategic sector, landslide and structure health monitoring for public safety, and bio and nano sciences.
- A large number of instruments have been developed by the Institute and their know-how have been passed on to the industry for commercial exploitation.
- The laboratory provides a two-year postgraduate research programme in Engineering (PGRPE) in ‘Advanced Instrumentation Engineering’ the only such program in India. The students are designated as Quick Hire Scientist Trainee QHS(T). The areas of research are Optics and Photonics, Bio-Medical Instrumentation and Agrionics. After the completion of 1-year course work taught by the senior scientists of the organization they are given a one-year project work as their thesis.
click above to download
the employment notification
click above to apply
now online or download form