Last Date:16 Sep,2019
Advt No.01/2019 Date:01.08.2019
Central University of Odisha
Central University of Orissa is inviting eligible candidates to apply online for 14 contractual posts of Professor.Interested and Eligible Candidates may apply online by 16-09-2019 , after making sure that they meet the concerned eligibility criteria. All personal and educational details must be mentioned properly.
Name of the post – Professor
No of post – 14
Pay Scale – Pay Level 14
Ph.D. degree in relevant subject with 10 yrs experience.
General Conditions:public sector recruitment
- The recruitment shall be made in accordance with the “UGC Regulations on Minimum Qualifications for Appointment of Teachers and Other Academic Staff in Universities and Colleges and Measures for the Maintenance of Standards in Higher Education, 2018”.
- All applicants are required to apply online in the prescribed format with complete,correct information and attachments. The applicant will be solely responsible for the authenticity of the submitted information. Applicants are required to fill the application form as available on the University website www.cuo.ac.in. The details regarding qualifications, experience, screening guidelines and indicative proformas etc. are available on the University website www.cuo.ac.in, along with this advertisement. The applicants are required to read these details before filling up the form.
- Applicants should possess the prescribed qualifications and experience as on the closing date of application, as prescribed by the University from time to time for the respective posts. The posts advertised carry UGC pay scales plus admissible allowances.
- The applications received shall be screened as per screening guidelines attached with this advertisement for short listing and recommending the applicants to be called for interview.
- Mere fulfillment of the qualification or the eligibility criteria does not entitle an applicant to be necessarily considered or called for interview.
- Publications ‘under submission’ or submitted to referees will not be considered towards calculation of marks for publication criteria. Further, all the items for which marks are claimed should be strictly in accordance with the screening guidelines attached with the advertisement.
- The minimum score requirement for Screening of applicants for the post of Professor is indicated in the screening guidelines attached herewith.
- In order to avoid last minute rush, the applicants are advised to apply early. In case of any persistent technical issue, the applicants can mail their problem at the email id firstname.lastname@example.org
- The reservation for applicants from SC, ST, EWS, OBC (non-creamy layer), and Persons with Benchmark Disability (PwBD) categories will be applicable as per UGC/ Government of India norms.
- Applicants seeking reservation benefits available for SC/ST/OBC/EWS/PwBD categories must upload the necessary documents justifying the claim of their reservation as per Govt. of India lists/rules/norms. The certificate uploaded should be in the format prescribed by the Government of India and should be digitally verifiable.
- In case the applicant wants to claim benefits under the PwBD category, the applicant’s relevant disability should not be less than 40 per cent. Proof to this effect in the form of a valid Disability Certificate must be uploaded with the application.
- Applicants applying for the post(s) reserved for OBC must upload certificate of OBC (non- creamy layer) in the prescribed form issued by Competent Authority. The certificate should be of the current financial year, in accordance with instructions issued by the Government of India in this respect from time to time. Applicants should ascertain that they belong to the reserved categories (caste) enlisted in the Central List for the Other Backward Classes.
- If the relevant certificates for respective reserved categories are not uploaded with the application, the application may be rejected and no appeal against its rejection will be entertained.
- Consequent upon adoption of self-certification provisions as required by the Govt. of India, the University shall process the applications entirely on the basis of information/documents uploaded with the application. In case the information/documents are found to be false/incorrect by way of omission or commission, the responsibility shall lie solely with the applicant and the applicant shall be liable for action as per law.
- The screened candidates called for interview should report along with all the testimonials/certificates in original along with valid photo ID (Aadhaar/Voter Id/Driving License/Passport). A set of self-attested photocopy of certificates/testimonials with respect to the qualifications, experience and category as applicable, indicated in the online application form, duly certified by the applicant should be submitted at the time of interview.
- Applicants serving in Government/Public Sector Undertakings (including Boards/Autonomous Bodies) are required to submit original ‘No Objection Certificate’ from the employer, at the time of interview. However, they have to upload the copy of ‘No Objection Certificate’ at the time of online application.
- All correspondence from the University including interview letter, if any, shall be sent only to the e-mail address provided by the applicant in the online application form.
- Applications which do not meet the eligibility criteria given in this advertisement and / or are incomplete in any respect shall be summarily rejected. Before applying online,applicants are advised to go through detailed notice available on the website of the University.
- Applicants must NOT furnish any particulars that are false, tampered or fabricated, or suppress any material / information while submitting the online application and uploading self-certified copies/testimonials.
- Any consequential vacancies arising at the time of Interview may also be filled up from the available screened candidates.
- The University will verify the antecedents of the applicant at the time of appointment or anytime during the tenure of the service. In case it is found that the documents/information submitted by the candidate is false or the candidate has suppressed relevant information, the services of the candidate shall be terminated without prejudice to any other action initiated by the University.
- In case of any inadvertent mistake in the process of selection, which may be detected at any stage even after the issuance of offer letter, the University reserves right to modify/withdraw/cancel any communication made to the applicants.
- The Central University of Orissa has been established by the Parliament under the Central Universities Act, 2009 (No. 3C of 2009). It is one of the 15 new Central Universities established by the Government of India during the UGC XI Plan period to address the concerns of “equity and access” and as per the policy of the Government of India to increase the access to quality higher education by people in less educationally developed districts which have a Graduate Enrollment Ratio of less than the national average of 11%. Koraput District of Orissa comes within the KBK region (Koraput, Bolangir and Kalahandi) which is still considered as an extremely as underdeveloped region of the State of Orissa .These three districts of the State are known for tribal culture, because majority of the people here belong to ST and SC categories. Since there is no University or any other national level educational set up in this region the Central University is proposed to be established here so that it may widen the access to quality higher education in the country.
- The university was established by parliament under the Central Universities Act. It is one of 20 new Central Universities established by the Government of India during the UGC XI Plan period to address the concerns of “equity and access” and as per the policy of the Government of India to increase the access to quality higher education by people in less educationally developed districts which have a Graduate Enrollment Ratio of less than the national average of 11%.
- Koraput District of Odisha comes within the KBK region (Koraput, Bolangir and Kalahandi) which is as an underdeveloped region of the State of Odisha. These three districts of the state are known for tribal culture, because the majority of the people here belong to ST and SC categories. Since there was no university set up in this region the Central University was proposed. Prof. (Dr.)Surabhi Banerjee was the first and founding Vice Chancellor of Central University of Orissa. At present it is guided by Prof. Sachidananda Mohanty.
- The site is located in village Chikapar and Chakarliput coming under Sunabeda NAC (Urban area). It is close to Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL), Sunabeda. A road constructed over the acquired land of Indian Navy for the purposes of the Naval Armament Depot joins the proposed site from N.H. 43 at the point of Sunabeda Junction-1 (about 6 km.). Dumuriput railway station is 5 km from Sunabeda-1 Junction. Damanjodi railway station is 15 km. Koraput railway station is 25 km. The land size is 450 acres spreading over village Chikapar (Ac. 310.96) and the adjoining Chakarliput (Ac. 139.13).
click above to download
the employment notification