Last Date:04 January,2020
Advt. No. : BSP-37(Rectt.)/19-20
Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL)
Kolkata (West Bengal)
SAIL invites application for the posts of 11 Manager Vacancy 2019 from B.E./B.Tech pass candidates interested in Steel Authority of India Manager Vacancy opening. Follow this article for SAIL Manager Job Qualification, eligibility criteria and how to apply Steel Authority of India Limited Manager Vacancy.
Name of the post – Manager (E-3)
No of post – 11
Pay Scale – 32900 – 58000/-
B.E./B.Tech. in Mechanical /Metallurgy (Full Time) from Govt. recognized University/Institute with 65% marks for General/OBC/EWS candidates and 55% marks for SC/ST candidates.
General Conditions:government doctor jobs
- Candidate must be an Indian national possessing requisite qualification from an Institute recognised by State Govt. /Central Govt.
- Candidates not fulfilling the required criteria need not apply. All certificates of eligibility will be verified at the time of interview only and any candidate failing to produce the same will not be allowed in the same. Therefore, candidates must ensure their eligibility before submission of application.
- Biometric registration and subsequent verification of candidates will be carried out during the selection process and at the time of joining.
- Candidate possessing the requisite qualification through Distance mode/ Correspondence/ off Campus are not eligible to apply.
- For calculation of percentage of marks acquired by the candidate in Degree in Engineering, percentage/ marks considered by the Board/University/Institution for award of Degree will be taken. In absence of the same, marks acquired and the total marks of all semesters/ years will be considered. Wherever, the University/Institution prescribe CGPA score instead of percentage, the CGPA score will be converted into equivalent percentage as per the norms of the University/Institution to determine the eligibility. If no norms are specified by the University/Institution the CGPA score will be converted into percentage on proportionate basis e.g the CGPA of 7.5 out of 10 will be treated as 75%.
- The term departmental candidates means those candidates who are currently working with SAIL as permanent employees and not wards of SAIL employees.
- Travelling expense to the extent of AC 3 Tier rail fare including Rajdhani Express will be reimbursed for appearing in interview, on production of proof of journey performed, including reservation and tatkal booking charges, if any, by the shortest route.
- Bringing influence at any stage of the selection process will disqualify the candidate.
- The prescribed qualification/ experience are the minimum and mere possession of the same does not entitle a candidate for interview, BSP’s decision shall be final in this regard.
- Ex Serviceman candidate is required to produce civil equivalence certificate of his/her qualification from the competent authority at the time of interview.
- Selected candidates shall also be required to serve in any of the mines owned by Bhilai Steel Plant.
- The advertisement is available at SAIL website www.sail.co.in (at ‘Careers’ link). Any subsequent changes if made in the employment notice shall be communicated through the website. Candidates are advised to keep themselves updated of the changes if any.
- The vacancies shown are provisional and liable to be increased or decreased or may be reduced to nil; in which case Bhilai Steel Plant is not liable to compensate the applicant for the consequential damages.
- While applying, Candidate must write his/her name as it appears in the educational certificate of Matriculation or equivalent examination.
- Candidates sponsored by local employment exchange will have to apply in the prescribed format in the prescribed system failing which they will not be considered.
- Candidates employed in Govt. Departments/PSUs/Autonomous Bodies will have to produce No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the present employer at the time of interview.
- If the SC/ST/OBC/EWS/PwD certificate or any other certificate/ documents has been issued in a language other than English/ Hindi, the candidates will be required to submit a self-certified translated copy of the same either in English or Hindi.
- Candidates must retain BSP’s copy of Registration Slip or e-receipt as they will be asked to produce it for future reference.
- BSP reserves the right to cancel/restrict/enlarge/modify/alter the requirements advertised, if need so arises, without issuing any further notice or assigning any reason thereto.
- Submission of online application itself will mean that applicant has read, understood and agreed to all the terms enlisted in the advertisement and also aware of it. Therefore, candidate must be sure that he/she understands the terms before submission of application.
- Court of jurisdiction for any dispute will be at Durg, Chhattisgarh.
- Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL) is an Indian state-owned steel making company based in New Delhi, India. It is a public sector undertaking, owned and operated by the Government of India with an annual turnover of INR 66,267 Crore (US$ 9.32 Billion) for fiscal year 2018-19. Incorporated on 24 January 1974, SAIL has 71,297 employees (as of 01-Aug-2019). With an annual production of 16.30 million metric tons, SAIL is the 20th largest steel producer in the world and the 3rd largest in India.The Hot Metal production capacity of the company will further increase and is expected to reach a level of 50 million tonnes per annum by 2025.Sri Anil Kumar Chaudhary is the current Chairman of SAIL.
- SAIL operates and owns 5 integrated steel plants at Bhilai, Rourkela, Durgapur, Bokaro and Burnpur(Asansol) and 3 special steel plants at Salem, Durgapur and Bhadravathi. It also owns a Ferro Alloy plant at Chandrapur. As a part of its global ambition, the company is undergoing a massive expansion and modernization programme involving upgrading and building new facilities with emphasis on state of the art green technology. According to a recent survey, SAIL is one of India’s fastest growing Public Sector Units. Besides, it has R&D centre for Iron & Steel (RDCIS), centre for Engineering in Ranchi, Jharkand.
- SAIL traces its origin to the Hindustan Steel Limited (HSL) which was set up on 19 January 1954. HSL was initially designed to manage only one plant that was coming up at Rourkela.
- For Bhilai and Durgapur Steel Plants, the preliminary work was done by the Iron and Steel Ministry. From April 1957, the supervision and control of these two steel plants were also transferred to Hindustan Steel. The registered office was originally in New Delhi. It moved to Calcutta in July 1956, and ultimately to Ranchi in December 1959.
- A new steel company, Bokaro Steel Limited (Bokaro Steel Plant), was incorporated on 29 January 1964 to construct and operate the steel plant at Bokaro. The 1 MT phases of Bhilai and Rourkela Steel Plants were completed by the end of December 1961. The 1 MT phase of Durgapur Steel Plant was completed in January 1962 after commissioning of the Wheel and Axle plant. The crude steel production of HSL went up from 1.58 MT (1959–60) to 1.6 MT. The second phase of Bhilai Steel Plant was completed in September 1967 after commissioning of the Wire Rod Mill. The last unit of the 1.8 MT phase of Rourkela – the Tandem Mill – was commissioned in February 1968, and the 1.6 MT stage of Durgapur Steel Plant was completed in August 1969 after commissioning of the Furnace in SMS. Thus, with the completion of the 2.5 MT stage at Bhilai, 1.8 MT at Rourkela and 1.6 MT at Durgapur, the total crude steel production capacity of HSL was raised to 3.7 MT in 1968–69 and subsequently to 4 MT in 1972–73.IISCO was taken over as a subsidiary in 1978 and later merged in 2006.
click above to download
the employment notification