Last Date:06 Dec,2019
Advt No: NABI/5(01)/2011-19-5 Res
National Agri Food Biotechnology Institute (NABI)
NABI announced a Walk-In-Interview for the recruitment to 9 contratual posts of Junior Research Fellow and Project Fellow under a given project. The number of vacancies can vary.Aspirants satisfying the eligibility conditions, should attend the Interview on 06-12-2019 (09:00 AM) along with duly filled application form and relevant documents.
Name of the post – Junior Research Fellow and Project Fellow
No of post – 09
Pay Scale – Rs.31,000-35,000/-,Rs.12,000/-
Post Graduate Degree in Basic Science OR Graduate /Post Graduate Degree in professional course with NET/ GATE.
General Information:latest karnataka govt jobs
- National Agri-Food Biotechnology Institute (NABI) is an autonomous Institute under Department of Biotechnology, Government of India. NABI aims at catalysing the transformation of Agri-food sector in India by being a nodal organization for knowledge generation and translational science leading to value-added products based on Agri-Food biotech innovations for improved household nutritional security. Since its inception in 2010, NABI is involved in research activities for the Bio fortification, development of designer crops for improved nutrition, providing sustainable and novel solutions towards quality food and nutrition, and development of evidence based functional foods to counter malnutrition.Food and nutritional Biotechnology division at NABI requires following research personnel purely on temporary basis.
- 28 Years as on date of interview.(Relaxation is admissible in case of SC/ST/OBC/PD as per GOI Instructions).
- Routine experiments involving molecular biology and biotechnology. Standardization of tissue culture and transformation procedures of plants.
- Development of microalgae based feed supplement for enhanced bioavailability of essential micronutrients for monogastric animals”.
- Scholars who are selected through National Eligibility Tests-CSIR-UGC-NET including Lectureship (Assistant Professorship) and GATE .
- The selection process through National Level examinations conducted by central government departments and their agencies and institutions such as DST,DBT,DAE,DOS,DRDO,MHRD,ICAR,ICMR,IIT,IISc,IISER etc.
- All interested candidates may appear for Walk-In Interview at National Agri-Food Biotechnology Institute (NABI) located at Knowledge City Sector-81, Mohali 140306 on 06 th December, 2019 (Friday) at 0900 hrs along-with duly filled Application form (Mandatory) available on the website www.nabi.res.in. The duly filled application form must be submitted at the time of registration at NABI from 09:00 hrs to 10:00 hrs on above mentioned date and time. The candidates must ascertain their eligibility before applying; as ineligible candidates will not be interviewed. All the candidates are requested to appear for the interview with full CV, thesis/project report, publications and original degree certificates and transcripts. No TA/DA will be paid for appearing in the interview. Canvassing in any form or bringing influence, political or otherwise, will lead to disqualification of the candidate(s).
- National Agri-Food Biotechnology Institute (NABI) is the first Agri-Food Biotechnology Institute, established in India on 18th February 2010. The institute aims at catalysing the transformation of Agri-food sector in India. The institute has the vision to be a nodal organization for knowledge generation and translational science leading to value-added products based on Agri-Food biotech innovations. The main research focus of NABI is to harness biotechnological tools in the area of Agriculture Biotechnology, Food and Nutritional Biotechnology so as to provide sustainable and novel solutions towards quality food and nutrition.
- Activities undertaken at NABI under different areas includes,
Food and Nutritional Biotechnology,
Human Resource Development,
Meeting and Courses
Technology Transfer and Outreach.
- The institute has developed strong linkages with National and International organizations and industries. The institute is part of agri-food cluster in the “Knowledge City” of Mohali (Punjab) along with its neighboring institutes.
- Food and nutritional security for all through agri-food biotechnology research and innovation.
- To be a centre of excellence and provide leadership in agri-food biotechnology research.
- Improving nutritional quality and availability of affordable agri-food and food products through innovations.
click above to download
the employment notification
click above to apply
now online or download form