Last Date:28 Nov,2019
Jawaharlal Nehru Tropical Botanic Garden and Research Institute (JNTBGRI)
Eligible and Interested candidates are invited by Jawaharlal Nehru Tropical Botanic Garden and Research Institute (JNTBGRI) to appear in a walkin interview for 10 posts of Junior Research Fellow and Various on contract basis.Candidates may appear with their filled application in the given format, Bio data and all original documents, photocopies of all certificates in the proof of age, caste, quaification, experience and photographs on 28-11-2019 (10:00 AM) at the given venue.
Name of the post – Junior Research Fellow and Various
No of post – 10
Pay Scale – Rs.22,000/-,Rs.19,000/-
M.Sc, BAMS / Graduate in Arts/Science/Commerce with Diploma / Vocational Training in Secretarial/Commercial Practice (English) and having computer literacy OR Diploma in Secretarial /Commercial Practice (English).
Other Conditions:employment news
- The applicant must be a citizen of India.
- All applicants must fulfill the essential requirements of the post and other conditions stipulated in the advertisement as on the last date of submission of the online applications. They are advised to satisfy themselves before applying that they possess at least the essential qualifications laid down for various posts as on the last date of submission of the online applications. No enquiry asking for advice as to eligibility will be entertained.
- The prescribed essential qualifications are the minimum and the mere possession of the same does not entitle candidates to be called for trade test/ written test etc. (as applicable). The duly constituted Screening Committee will adopt its own criteria for short-listing the candidates. The candidate should, therefore, mention in the application all the qualifications and experience in the
relevant area over and above the minimum prescribed qualification, supported with documents from 10th and onwards.
- The applicant should upload relevant educational qualification and experience certificates and documents in support of information given in the application form. The prescribed qualifications should have been obtained through recognized Universities / Institutions. etc. Incomplete applications/ applications not accompanied with the required certificates / documents will be summarily rejected.
- In respect of equivalence clause in Essential Qualifications, if a candidate is claiming a particular qualification as equivalent qualification as per the requirement of advertisement, then the candidate is required to produce order/letter in this regard, indicating the Authority (with number and date) under which it has been so treated otherwise the Application is liable to be rejected.
- The period of experience rendered by a candidate must be supported by documentary evidence.
- If any document/ certificate furnished is in a language other than Hindi or English, a transcript of the same duly attested by a Gazetted officer or notary is to be submitted.
- The date for determining the upper age limit, qualifications and /or experience shall be the closing date prescribed for submission of online applications.
- The period of experience in a discipline / area of work, wherever prescribed, shall be counted after the date of acquiring the minimum prescribed educational qualifications for that post.
- Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PwBD) fulfilling the eligibility conditions prescribed under Government of India (GOI) instructions are encouraged to apply, provided the post is identified as suitable for PwBD.
- The Institute strives to have a workforce which reflects gender balance and women candidates are encouraged to apply.
- The selected candidates will be on probation for a period of one year from the date of taking over charge of the post. The probationary period may be extended or curtailed at the discretion of the
Competent Authority. After successful completion of probationary period, they will be considered for confirmation in accordance with the extant rules.
- As per the resolution regarding Official Language (Rajbhasha), the selected candidates will have to acquire the knowledge of Hindi during the probationary period.
- After successful completion of probationary period, the appointment may be terminated at any time by a month’s notice given by either side i.e. the appointee or the appointing authority, without assigning any reason. The appointing authority, however, reserves the right of terminating the services of the appointee forthwith or before the expiry of the stipulated period of notice by making the payment of a sum equivalent to the pay and allowances for the period of notice or the unexpired portion thereof.
- The services in the Council are liable for transfer to anywhere in India. CSIR-CSIO can transfer any employee from one Laboratory/ Institute to another including their Extension/Field Centres in Public interest. Director, CSIR-CSIO, can transfer any Employee from Headquarters of the Organization/Lab. to its extension/Field/Regional Centres and vice-versa.
- The provisions of the Central Civil Services (Conduct) Rules, 1964 & Central Civil Service (Classification, Control and Appeal) Rules, 1965 and such other rules or executive orders as may from time to time be applicable to the servants of the Council, shall apply to the extent to which they are applicable to the appointment hereby offered and the decision of the Council as to their applicability shall be final.
- The selected candidates will not be permitted to apply for appointment elsewhere or in CSIRCSIO during the probationary period and if they have already applied for any posts in any other organisation, they may have to intimate the details of such applications immediately after joining the Institute.
- CSIR-CSIO reserves the right not to fill up a particular post, if it so desires. The number of vacancies indicated above is provisional and may vary. However, the change, if any as per our requirement, shall be notified on our website.
- Any matter not specifically stated in the advt. shall be determined by the Director, CSIR-CSIO,Chandigarh and his decision shall be final and binding.
- Any discrepancy found between the information given in application and as evident in original documents will make the candidate ineligible for the post.
- The decision of the CSIR-CSIO in all matters relating to eligibility, acceptance or rejection of applications, mode of selection, conduct of examination/interview will be final and binding on the candidates.
- Canvassing in any form and / or bringing any influence political or otherwise will be treated as a disqualification for the post.
- NO INTERIM ENQUIRY OR CORRESPONDENCE WILL BE ENTERTAINED.
- For updates (screening list, interview/examination dates, trade test, written test), kindly visit our website ‘http://www.csio.res.in’ regularly. Also check your registered e-mail IDs for any communication from CSIR-CSIO related to this recruitment.
- Jawaharlal Nehru Tropical Botanic Garden and Research Institute”, (formerly Tropical Botanic Garden and Research Institute) () renamed in the fond memory of visionary Prime Minister of India Shri Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru is an autonomous Institute established by the Government of Kerala on 17 November 1979 at Thiruvananthapuram, the capital city of Kerala. It functions under the umbrella of the Kerala State Council for Science, Technology and Environment (KSCSTE), Government of Kerala. The Royal Botanic Gardens (RBG), Kew played an exemplary and significant role in shaping and designing the lay out of the JNTBGRI garden in its formative stages.
- The Institute undertakes research in conservation biology, Biotechnology, plant taxonomy, microbiology, phytochemistry, ethnomedicine and ethnophamacology, which are the main areas considered to have immediate relevance to the development of the garden. While taxonomists prepared a flora of the garden documenting the native plant wealth before mass introduction and face lift which subsequently followed, the bio-technologists mass multiplied plants of commercial importance, especially orchids for cultivation and distribution to the public.
- JNTBGRI makes a comprehensive survey of the economic plant wealth of Kerala, to conserve, preserve and sustainably utilize the plant wealth. The institute carries out botanical, horticultural and chemical research for plant improvement and utilization; and offers facilities for the improvement of ornamental plants and propagation in the larger context of the establishment of nursery and flower trade. The cultivation and culturing of plants of India/other countries with comparable climatic condition for the economic benefit of Kerala/India is also taken care. Activities to help botanical teaching and to create public understanding of the value of plant research is initiated by JNTBGRI. JNTBGRI gardens medicinal plants, ornamental plants and various introduced plants of economic or aesthetic value. JNTBGRI also serves as a source of supply of improved plants which are not readily available from other agencies.
click above to download
the employment notification