Last Date:25 Feb,2019
ADVT. NO.: 12/2019
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER)
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Pune (IISER Pune) is inviting eligible candidates to apply for 2 contractual posts of Research Associate, Project Assistant / Fellow.Interested Eligible Candidates may send their applications as per prescribed format to concerned E-mail address by 25-02-2019 . All the relevant documents must be sent alongwith application form, as proof of suitability for the posts. Email subject must be formed properly, containing name of post applied for.
Name of the post – Research Associate & Project Assistant
No of post – 02
Pay Scale – Rs 36000 , Rs. 16,000 -25,000
Ph.D. in Ecology, Biodiversity or Evolutionary Biology/M.Sc. in any branch of life science with minimum 55% marks or equivalent grade.
General Information:government doctor jobs
- The appointment is purely temporary and will terminate automatically without any notice or compensation on termination of the project.
- The appointed person shall have no claim of appointment / absorption in Funding Agency or in IISER Pune.
- The appointment of the applicant will be governed by the terms and conditions of the funding agency particularly applicable to the said project.
- The qualification prescribed should have been obtained from recognized Universities /Institutions.
- Relaxation in age, educational qualification and or experience may be considered in case of exceptionally meritorious applicants, with prior approval of the competent authority.
- The prescribed educational qualifications are the bare minimum and mere possession of same does not entitle candidates to be called for interview. Where number of applications received in response to this advertisement is large, it may not be convenient or possible to interview all the candidates. Based on the recommendations of the Screening Committee, the Project Investigator may restrict the number of candidates to be called for the interview to a reasonable limit after taking into consideration qualifications and experience over and above the minimum prescribed in the advertisement. Therefore, it will be in the interest of the candidates, to mention all the qualifications and experience in the relevant field at the time of applying.
- No TA/DA will be admissible for appearing for the interview.
- Selected candidates will have to join duty immediately on receipt of the offer.
- No interim enquiries / correspondence / communication of any sort will be entertained on the matter.
- Canvassing in any form and / or bringing any influence, political, or otherwise, will be treated as a disqualification for the post applied for.
How To Apply:
- Interested candidates should send the application by email in the prescribed format available below this advertisement by email (convert into PDF Format) addressed to email@example.com on or before February 25, 2019. Please mention the name of the post in the subject line of the email.
- List of shortlisted candidates for selection process with details of date, time and venue will be put up on the institute website below this advertisement and candidates will be informed by e-mail only.
- The print out of the application form sent by email signed and dated by the applicant along with recent passport size photograph and photocopies of relevant certificates and other testimonials in support of age, qualification, experience etc. will be collected at the time of selection process. Applicant must bring all the original certificates at the time of selection process for the purpose of verification, along with one set of self-attested photocopies.
- The Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISERs) are a group of premier science education and research institutes in India. These institutions have been declared by an Act of Parliament as Institutes of National Importance,and are intended to be the leading institutes in the country in the field of basic sciences. The institutes were created by the Government of India, through the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), under The National Institutes of Technology (Amendment) Bill, 2010 (an amendment of the National Institutes of Technology Act, 2007), which was passed by the Rajya Sabha on 30 April 2012.Seven IISERs have been established across the country, namely IISER Kolkata in West Bengal, IISER Pune in Maharashtra, IISER Mohali in Punjab, IISER Bhopal in Madhya Pradesh, IISER Thiruvananthapuram in Kerala, IISER Tirupati in Andhra Pradesh and IISER Berhampur in Odisha. Together with the IISER at Berhampur, Odisha that commenced in 2016, another IISER in Nagaland was also announced in the 2015 Budget.The financial outlay for each IISER is around 5 billion (US$70 million) for the first five years. IISERs are envisioned to be the IITs of Basics Sciences.
- IISER Nagaland. A new IISER in Nagaland was announced in the 2015-16 budget. But it seems the Nagaland government would prefer a different institute (SPA – School of Planning and Architecture) instead of an IISER.. Until Nagaland Assembly Elections, 2018, state government has not shown any interest in opening the institute. There is also no public demand for the institute in Nagaland. It is very likely that the institute may never come up in Nagaland due to lack of interest among stakeholders.
- Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Pune has started functioning from the National Chemical Laboratory Pune campus. Its campus has mostly been developed. The labs, lecture hall complexes, main buildings, and the hostels have been set up in the permanent campus.
- As of October 2018, IISERs admit 1325 students in total each year for their dual degree BS-MS Program. For each channel of admission below, additional cut-off criteria of respective IISERs are applicable. Candidates satisfying any of the following criteria are eligible for applying:
- KVPY channel: Candidates having a valid KVPY fellowship.
- JEE (Advanced) channel: Candidates in General category securing a rank within 10000 in the Common Rank List (CRL) of the JEE Advanced are eligible to apply. For candidates belonging to reserved category (OBC Non-Creamy Layer, SC, ST, Persons with Disability (PD)), their category rank should be within 10000.
- State and Central Boards Channel (SCB): Candidates who have passed (10+2) level with science stream with marks equal to or above the cut off percentage in their respective boards as given in the table below are eligible to apply for the IISER Aptitude Test (IAT). For the candidates belonging to the Non-Creamy Layer of the Other Backward Classes (OBCNC) and Persons with Disability (PD) categories, there is a 5% relaxation. The cut-off percentage for the Scheduled Castes (SC), the Scheduled Tribes (ST) and Kashmiri Migrants (KM) candidates is 55% in (10+2) level for all boards. It is mandatory for the candidates applying through SCB channel to appear in the IAT. On the basis of the cut-off marks of IAT for each IISER (which are kept strictly confidential), candidates are allotted IISERs by the Joint Admissions Committee (JAC) through a common admissions portal.
click above to download
the employment notification