Last Date:28 Feb,2019
United India Insurance Company (UIIC)
Applications are invited from eligible candidates with a consistently good academic record for 12 posts of Administrative Officer (Medical) in United India Insurance Company (UIIC).Candidate are requested to send their completed applications to the given address along with all relevant documents and testimonials by 28-02-2019 . Application forms received after the due date will not be accepted.
Name of the post – Administrative Officer (Medical)
No of post – 12
Pay Scale – Rs 63000
M.B.B.S. Degree or equivalent.
General Information:himachal government jobs
- In case of candidate who is eligible for relaxation under more than one of the above categories,the age relaxation will be available on a cumulative basis subject to the maximum age not exceeding 45 years.
- Candidates seeking age relaxation will be required to submit copies of necessary certificates and produce the original certificates for verification at the time of interview.
- In case of an Ex-serviceman who has once joined in a Govt.job on the civil side after availing the benefits given to him as an Ex-Serviceman for his re-employment, his Exservicemen status for the purpose of re-employment in Government ceases.
- An Ex-servicemen who applies for various vacancies before joining any civil employment,can avail the benefit of reservation as Ex-Serviceman for any subsequent employment.However, to avail of this benefit, an Ex-serviceman, as soon as he/she joins any civil employment, should give self-declaration/undertaking to the concerned employer about the date-wise details of application for various vacancies for which he/she had applied for before joining the initial civil employment. Further, this benefit would be available only in respect of vacancies which are filled on direct recruitment and wherever reservation is available to the Ex-servicemen. There is no reservation for Ex-servicemen in Officers Cadre.
- Only those candidates shall be treated as Ex-Servicemen who fulfill the revised definition as laid down in Government of India, Ministry of Home Affairs, Department of Personnel and Administrative reforms notification NO.36034/5/85 Estt. (SCT) dated 27.01.1986 as amended from time to time.
- Ex-Servicemen who while serving in armed forces of the union were disabled in operation against the enemy or in disturbed areas shall be treated as DISXS.
- As applicable in the company from time to time. Posts are permanent and the selected candidates on appointment may be posted or transferred to any place in India as may be decided by the Company. No private practice will be allowed.
- The final selection will be based on the personal interview of the short listed candidates conducted by the Company. Outstation candidates called for interview will be reimbursed to and fro AC Second class rail fare/bus fare by shortest route from the station of residence to the place of interview on production of evidence of having undertaken journey for interview purpose.
- Selected candidates if certified to be medically fit may be appointed as ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER (SCALE-I)Medical on probation for a period of one year which may be extended by a further period of six months.
How to Apply:
- Applications should be on A4 paper neatly types or handwritten in CAPITAL LETTERS and in the prescribed format only. Applications submitted in any other format will not be accepted.
- Superscribe at left and upper corner of the envelope “UIIC – ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICERMEDICAL.
- In so far as the Scheduled Tribe communities of Tamil Nadu are concerned, only the certificate given by the Revenue Divisional Officer (instead of Tehsildar) would be accepted.
- For claiming reservation under OBC category, candidate should belong to such Caste or community, which is common to both the lists in respect of Mandal Commission and the State Govt. Lists from the State of his/her origin (as per the list published by the Central Govt.) The benefits of reservation shall not apply to persons/sections belonging to “Creamy Layer” as specified vide column 3 of the Schedule of the Department of Personnel and Training OM No.36012/22/93-Estt (SCT) dated 08.09.1993. Candidates should produce certificate (at the time of interview, if called) as per pro-forma prescribed by Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievance and Pensions, Government of India, which should include that they do not belong to “Creamy Layer”.
- Persons with Benchmark Disability Category, are required to submit a certificate regarding Disability in the prescribed format issued by the District Medical Board.
- An Ex-serviceman candidate has to produce a copy of the Service or Discharge book along with pension payment order and documentary proof of rank last/presently held (substantive as well as acting) at the time of interview. Those who are still in defence service should submit a certificate from a competent authority that they will be relieved from defence services, or or before 30.04.2019.
- Candidates serving in Govt. Quassi Govt/Public Sector Undertaking are required to send their application through proper channel. However, they may send an advance copy of the application so as to reach within the time stipulated.
- Candidates serving in Govt./ Quasi Govt. offices/Public Sector Undertakings (including Nationalised Banks and Financial Institutions) are required to produce a “No Objection Certificate” from their employer at the time of interview. In the absence of which their candidature will not be considered and travelling expenses if any, otherwise admissible, will not be paid.
- Persons eligible for age relaxation under 2 ( C) (6)above must produce the domicile certificate at the time of interview from the District Jurisdiction where he/she had ordinarily resided or any other authority designated in this regard by the Government of Jammu & Kashmir to the effect that the candidate had ordinarily domiciled in the Kashmir Division of the State of J & K during the period from 01.01.80 to 31.12.89.
- Minimum qualification of M.B.B.S. Degree or equivalent foreign degrees, which are recognized as equivalent to M.B.B.S. degree by the Medical Council of India, from a recognized University and a valid registration from Medical Council of India or any State Medical Council is essential and those without this qualification are not eligible for the post.
- United India Insurance Company. Ltd.(A govt of India undertaking)it is the 2nd Largest General insurance company with premium of Rs.16000+ Crore in headquarter in Chennai, India. It was incorporated on 18th February 1938, and was nationalised in 1972.
- Previously it was a subsidiary of the General Insurance Corporation of India (GIC). But when GIC became a re-insurance company as per the IRDA Act 1999, its four primary insurance subsidiaries New India Assurance, United India Insurance, Oriental Insurance and National Insurance got autonomy.
- Twelve Indian insurance companies, four co-operative insurance societies, five foreign insurers with Indian operations and the general insurance operations of the southern region of Life Insurance Corporation of India were merged with United India Insurance Company Limited to form the company.
- After nationalization, United India has 16385 nos. work force spread across 2248 offices providing insurance cover to more than 10 million policy holders. The Company has a variety of insurance products to provide insurance cover from bullock carts to satellites.
- United India has been in the forefront of designing and implementing complex covers to large customers, as in the cases of ONGC Ltd, GMR – Hyderabad International Airport Ltd., Mumbai International Airport Ltd., Tirumala-Tirupati Devasthanam, Kochi Metro Rail Corporation etc. United India has also been the pioneer in taking Insurance to the rural masses with large scale implementation of Universal Health Insurance Programme of Government of India & Vijaya Raji Janani Kalyan Yojana (covering 4.5 million women in the state of Madhya Pradesh), Tsunami Jan Bima Yojana (in 4 states covering 459,000 of families), National Livestock Insurance and many such schemes.
- On the 2nd of February 2018, the Government of India announced the merger of United India Insurance Company with Oriental Insurance and National Insurance Company Limited.
click above to download
the employment notification