Last Date:08th Nov, 2019
Notification No. KR/HO/JK /P/2-2019
Konkan Railway Corporation Limited
Mumbai ( Maharashtra)
Konkan Railway Corporation Limited (KRCL) a Public Sector Undertaking under the Ministry of Railways is having its Corporate Office at CBD Belapur, Navi Mumbai and Project Office at Marble Market Extension, Tirkuta Nagar, Jammu, Jammu & Kashmir. KRCL invites application for the post of full time Medical Officer on Contract on fixed remuneration basis for USBRL Project to be operated in Jammu and Kashmir.
Name of the post – Medical Officer
No of post – 01
Pay Scale – Rs.55,400/-p.m
MBBS degree from recognized Medical Institution and approved by Indian Medical Council.
General Information:faculty opening
- Candidates who fulfil the eligibility criteria only, will be interviewed.
- Candidates are advised to check their eligibility before walk in interview.
- The candidates must bring with them original certificates, along with 1 set of self attested photocopy in proof of age, caste, educational qualification and experience on the date of interview, failing which candidate will not be eligible for interview. Certificate in support of claims for Ex- servicemen/ Persons with Disability) .
- Candidate should bring 0 1 (one) latest character certificate from Gazetted Officers/Executives Officers for bearing good moral character.
- Incomplete or vague educational qualification will be invalid.
- Even after contractual agreement, if any document/ certificate/ information is found incorrect or false in any scrutiny or verification, then the contractual service will be immediately terminated forthwith without assigning any reason and prior notice, besides legal action which may also be initiated.
- The Corporation reserves the right to cancel/ restrict/ curtail/ enlarge the contract engagement process, if need so arises, without any prior notice and without assigning any reasons thereof.
- Selected candidates will be required to execute a bond of Rs. 50,000/- in favour of Konkan Railway Corporation Limited on Rs. 100/- stamp paper to serve the Company for the period specified in the subsequent para below or any further extended period.
- The outstation candidates must come prepared to stay for minimum 2 days at their own expenses, if required.
- The contract will be initially for a period of one year, in case of Re-engagement after one year, on satisfactory performance and mutual consent and as per requirement. The contractual service is required for USBRL project of KRCL. This is not a regular establishment post.
- Selected candidate will have to pass prescribed medical examination before the contract is entered into, for fitness to perform the work awarded. The cost of the medical expenses borne by the candidate only.
- The candidates shall arrive the venue at the 09:30 am and get registered with the nominated KRCL officials for the Walk in Interview as indicated.
- All registered candidates will be first interviewed by a nominated committee subject to eligibility criteria. The candidate will be interviewed by a nominated Committee and the selection will be finalized on merit based on the performance in the interview, qualification and experience gained by the Candidate.
- The shortlisted panel will be prepared. The shortlisted candidates who are found suitable will be engaged subject to found suitable in the prescribed medical examination.
- The decision of the Nominated Committee will be final and binding.
- Konkan Railway Corporation Limited (KRCL) is a Union Government Company headquartered at CBD Belapur in Navi Mumbai that operates Konkan Railway. The company started its full operations of trains on 26 January 1998.The first passenger train which ran on Konkan railway tracks on 20 March 1993 between Udupi and Mangalore.Konkan Railway Corporation is at the forefront of research and development of new technologies and concepts for Indian railways. During its initial years of operations in the mountainous Konkan region, a spate of accidents prompted Konkan Railway to investigate new technologies. The anti-collision devices, the Sky Bus and RORO are a few of the innovations from Konkan Railways.
- The Konkan Railway was the missing link between India’s commercial capital, Mumbai, and Mangalore. The 741-kilometre line connects Maharashtra, Goa and Karnataka States — a region of criss-crossing rivers, plunging valleys and mountains that soar into the clouds.
- The Konkan is a coastal strip of land bounded by the Sahyadri hills on the east, and Arabian Sea on the west. It is a land where mythology breathes side by side with economic growth,a land with rich mineral resources, dense forest cover and a landscape fringed with paddy, coconut and mango trees. The formidable terrain to be conquered and the short construction period meant that the project could only be completed with the help of several technological innovations. Apart from setting a trend for other infrastructure projects in the country, the Konkan Railway provides concrete proof of the skills of Indian engineers, their discipline, team spirit and courage. But it is also a tribute to the unconquerable human spirit. Beyond the technical jargon, it was a leap of faith that made the long cherished dream of the people of the region possible.
- The Konkan Railway has also in a way changed the lives of the Engineers and otherpeople associated with the project. For them it was the glory of overcoming all odds, and the satisfaction and pride that they have built something for posterity.
- The completion of the Konkan Railway was a “tryst with destiny” for many people in the Konkan region, redeemed in the 50th year of the nation’s Independence. It is hence entirely fitting that the first train on the completed track was flagged off on January 26, 1998, Republic Day.
click above to download
the employment notification