Last Date:10 March,2019
Institute of Chemical Technology Mumbai (ICT Mumbai)
Institute of Chemical Technology Mumbai (ICT Mumbai) is inviting eligible candidates to apply online for 34 permanent posts of Faculty.Interested and Eligible Candidates may apply online by 10-03-2019 , after making sure that they meet the concerned eligibility criteria. All personal and educational details must be mentioned properly.
Name of the post – Associate & Assistant Professor
No of post – 34
Pay Scale – Rs.37,400-67,000+AGP 10000,Rs.15,600-39,100+AGP 6000
Ph.D / PG degree in the relevant branch of engineering / Technology / Pharmacy / Sciences and 15 yrs experience.
General Information:psu jobs
- The educational qualifications prescribed for a given post are the minimum and mere possession of the same shall not entitle a candidate to be called for an interview.
- Candidates who do not have formal Master’s degree but have earned their Ph.D. (integrated) directly after Bachelor’s degree shall be evaluated through the course credits earned during their doctoral work.
- If a Class/ Division is not awarded at the Bachelor’s/ Master’s level, a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate shall be considered equivalent to First class/ division. If a Grade Point system is adopted, the CGPA will be converted into equivalent marks.
- Co-guideship for Ph. D / Masters Students shall not be considered for calculating equivalence as Ph. D. guide.
- The period of time taken by candidate to acquire M.Phil. and / or Ph.D. Degree shall not be considered as teaching/ research experience to be claimed for appointment to the teaching positions.
- The publications based on the independent or guided research work during the qualifying service in the lower grade or those emanating from post-doctoral work in reputed academic/ research institute shall only be considered for calculation of merit. Applicant’s own doctorate publications will not be considered except at Assistant Professor level.
- Only those publications will be considered for calculation of impact factor where the applicant is the author for correspondence (Main author) or where at least one of the co- authors is his / her own student under supervision.
- In case of candidates who have guided Ph.D.s/ Masters students, there should be publications/ patents arising out of the Ph.D. thesis in refereed national/ international journals. Merely guiding or co-guiding Ph.D. will not gain any weightage in the absence of publications.
- The research papers published in cited peer reviewed journals of repute in the relevant scientific
areas shall only be considered for giving due merit.
- The quality and impact factor of the journal for a specific discipline will be decided by the Scrutiny Committee and a cumulative impact factor for that discipline shall be as reported on Scopus and Web of Science.
- In case of multiple author papers, or multi-institutional collaborations, the contribution of the candidate will be decided as per the status of the candidate whether s/he has worked as corresponding author/ supervisor, co-author or one of the students.
- Assessment of Analytical ability test will be conducted for every candidate who is called for interview.
- The short-listed candidates will be required to make three types of presentations before the Departmental Committee prior to interview by the Selection Committee: (1) Classroom teaching, (2) Past research and future research interests and (3) Plans for out-reach activities. The performance in these presentations along with analytical ability result will be one of the major criteria for selection of the candidate for faculty position.
- The Institute of Chemical Technology (ICT) Mumbai was established as the Department of Chemical Technology on 1st October 1933 by the University of Mumbai, through active support of industries and philanthropists. The Institute was most popularly known as UDCT, Mumbai. Research has been an integral part of ICT since its inception and it has created over 500 first generation entrepreneurs. The UDCT grew significantly in stature and was granted autonomy under UGC regulations by the University of Mumbai and further converted into an Institute on 26th January 2002. Under the World Bank TEQIP programme, the Maharashtra government granted it full autonomy in June 2004. Due to the recommendations of the Government of Maharashtra and the University of Mumbai, the ICT was granted Deemed University Status by the MHRD on 12th September 2008, with all provisions of the UGC for funding and support as the state-owned deemed university.
- he MHRD had evaluated all deemed universities in the country in 2009 and granted “A” grade to 38 universities among 135 deemed universities. The ICT is rated as Number One Deemed University with “A” grade. It is the only one among 4 in Maharashtra State, the other 3 being centrally funded TIFR, TISS, and CIFE.
- The ICT has also been rated as Number One Institute by NPIU among 127 TEQIP funded Institutes, all over India, in October 2010.
- Biospectrum magazine in August 2010 has also rated ICT’s programme as Number One among all biotechnology programmes in the country and the first prize was bestowed on 17th December at Bangalore.
- A survey was published by Professor Jude Sommerfeld of Georgia Tech., USA in January 2011 showing that the ICT is Number One Institute in India far ahead of several others including IITs, and it is also in top 10 in the world in Chemical Engineering. This rank has been maintained since 1970s.
- Very recently the UGC decided to recognize faculty who has supervised as single guides at least 15 Ph.Ds. The ICT has a record of 11 faculties who qualified for special grants. The Director (Vice Chancellor) Professor G. D. Yadav is the topmost among all academics with the supervision of 61 Ph.Ds. and 58 Masters degree holders. He is the only serving faculty in the State to be a Fellow of the TWAS- the Academy of the Developing World, Trieste, Italy, including Fellowship of INSA.
- The ICT produced 100 Ph.D.s during 2009-10 which is the record for any institute in India engaged in chemical engineering and technology.
- The Institute has a glorious history of 78 years, having produced many industrialists, academics, bureaucrats, Padma awardees, secretaries to Government Departments, directors of CSIR labs and over 500 first generation entrepreneurs. The institute has very strong linkages with industry and produced some of the topmost academics and industrialists. Some of the distinguished alumni include- Padmavibhushan Professor M.M. Sharma, Member, Scientific Advisory Committee to the Cabinet, Padmabhushan Dr. R. A. Mashelkar, former Director General, CSIR, Shri Mukesh Ambani, Chairman and Managing Director, Reliance Industries, Padmashri Dr. K. Anji Reddy, Chairman, Dr. Reddy’s Lab, Shri Ashwin Dani, Vice-Chairman, Asian Paints Ltd., Shri C.V. Gogri, Chairman, Aarti Group of Industries, Dr. K. H. Gharda, Chairman and Managing Director, Gharda Chemicals and the Late Manubhai Shah, Commerce Minister in Pt. Nehru’s Cabinet.
- The ICT has been receiving various grants and projects from the UGC, DAE, DBT, DST and other agencies, and Indian and foreign industries, with several centres of excellence: Centres of Advanced Studies in Chemical Engineering, Food Engineering and Technology, Pharmaceutical Science and Technology, Physico-Chemical Aspects of Textiles, Fibres, Dyes & Polymers; UGC Networking Resource Centre in Chemical Engineering; DBT-ICT Centre in Energy Biosciences; ICT-DAE Centre in Chemical Engineering Education and Research; Centre for Green Technology. The DAE has sanctioned ` 75 crores for the Centre in Chemical Engineering Education and Research with several projects from BARC and IGCAR for development of indigenous technologies for energy.
- Merit is the only criterion for admission, including government reservation policy. Several merit-cum-means scholarships (261) are awarded to needy students which range from ` 3000 to ` 75000 per student per annum. Research has been an integral part of ICT, with state-of-the-art research facilities, and hostels. The faculty is highly accomplished, with multi-disciplinary interests and decorated with national and international awards and honors. All leading foreign universities and industries seek ICT graduates. Last year, a record of 161 full-time Ph.D. students and 120 Masters students, all with fellowships, were admitted.
click above to download
the employment notification
click above to apply
now online or download form