Last Date:20 Sep,2019
Advanced Centre for Treatment Research and Education in Cancer (ACTREC)
ACTREC is inviting eligible candidates to apply online for 20 contractual posts of Assistant Professor.Interested and Eligible Candidates may apply online by 20-09-2019 , after making sure that they meet the concerned eligibility criteria. All personal and educational details must be mentioned properly.
Name of the post – Assistant Professor
No of post – 20
Pay Scale – Rs.78,800/-
MD/ D.M. / M.S/ M.Ch in relevant subject with 3 yrs experience.
General Conditions:latest karnataka govt jobs
- Age & experience will be reckoned as on the last date of online application.
- Reservation of posts under various categories shall be applicable as per Govt. Rules.
- Ex-servicemen : length of service in Armed forces plus 3 years (additional relaxation in case of SC/ST/OBC as per the instructions of Govt. of India) (Ex-servicemen should submit their undertaking whether they have availed benefit of age relaxation as prescribed for Ex-Servicemen while securing another employment after retirement from Armed forces. If so, they are not eligible for such benefits.)
- Age relaxation maximum by 5 years for Departmental candidates, candidates with additional qualification and higher experience and candidates working in TMC on temporary basis/under projection contract basis.
- Candidate shall pay the application fees of 300/- online by using Debit Card / Credit Card.
- SC/ST/Female Candidates / Persons with Disabilities / Ex-servicemen (1st time applying for civil post after serving any rank) are exempted from paying application fees.
- The application fee paid will not be refunded under any circumstances.
- Candidates may be offered a higher or lower grade than what is advertised based on their working experience, research work record and overall assessment at the time of interview and recommendation of the Selection Committee.
- In addition to pay, other allowances including DA, HRA, TA etc. will be admissible as per the prevailing rules of TMC.
- All officers will be eligible for institutional financial support for active participation in National & International Medical meetings, workshops and conferences after their probation is closed.
- Will be admissible as per the prevailing rules of TMC.
- Residential accommodation will be provided subject to availability.
- All are. eligible for retirement benefits and pension under the New Pension Scheme.
- Candidates appointed will be rotated in any Units of TMC as per the needs of the units concerned as and when necessary.
- The TMC also may exercise the option to offer appointments on “Contract Basis” for a fixed term on a consolidated remuneration.
- Candidate shall submit a recent passport size photograph, attested copies of following certificates as a proof of Date of Birth, Qualification, Experience, age relaxation for reserved category & person with Disability along with the copy of online application form sealed covers superscribed as “POST APPLIED FOR — Advt. No.ACTREC/ADVT-A/3/2019 on or before the last date of receiving the application to the Sr. Administrative Officer, Advanced Centre for Treatment, Research & Education in Cancer, Sector— 22, Kharghar, Navi Mumbai 410210. It is mandatory to submit a copy of online application along with copies of relevant certificates; otherwise the application will be rejected. Address queries, if any to: E-mail – recruitmentaactrec.gov.in
- Birth Certificate / School leaving certificate / S.S.C. passing certificate.
- Valid Caste Certificate (in the format of Government of India), Caste Validity certificate in case of SC / ST, Non creamy layer certificate in case of OBC candidate is mandatory. Formats are uploaded on ACTREC site.
- Persons with Disability: Physical Disability Certificate.
- Economically Weaker Sections (EWS): Valid Income and Asset certificate (in the format of Government of India is mandatory) Format is uploaded on ACTREC website.
- Through Proper Channel: Persons working under Central / State Government / Autonomous body / Semi Government Organizations and other Public Sector Undertakings must submit their application through the head of the organisation.
- Three Referees listed by the candidate should have been associated with the training or supervision of the candidate’s work.
- Tata Memorial Centre also reserves the right not to call any candidates to appear for Written examination / Skill test / Interview without assigning any reason thereof.
- Tata Memorial Centre reserves the right to fix minimum eligibility standard I bench mark and restrict no, of candidates called for Written examination / Skill test / Interview taking into account various factors like no, of vacancies, percentage of marks in Graduate / Post Graduate Degrees etc. Tata Memorial Centre also reserves the right to fix minimum eligibility standard / cut-off marks (Group / Stream / Discipline / Category-wise etc.) while finalizing such candidates to be called for Written test / Skill test / Interview as well as selecting the candidates for final selection after Written test / Skill test / Interview. The decision of the Director, Tata Memorial Centre in this regard shall be final and binding and no correspondence in this regard will be entertained with the candidates.
- Tata memorial Centre reserves the right to restrict the number of candidates called for the written examination / Skill test / Interview to a reasonable limit on the basis of qualificati s and experience of the applicants. Mere fulfilling the prescribed qualifications will not entitle an applicant to be called for written test / skill test / interview.
- In case it is found at any stage of recruitment that the candidate dose not fulfill the eligibility criteria and / or, the candidate has furnished any incorrect / false / incomplete information or has suppressed any material fact (s), his / her candidature will be cancelled. If any shortcoming is detected, even after appointment, the services of the candidate are liable to be terminated forthwith. Therefore, before applying for any post, the candidate should ensure that he / she fulfills all the eligibility criteria under the norms mentioned in the advertisement.
- Tata Memorial Centre does not take any responsibility for non receipt of application through Online / by post for whatsoever be the reason.
- Late and Incomplete applications will be summarily rejected. Canvassing in any form will disqualify the candidature.
- Skype Interview can be arranged for the candidates presently working abroad subject to availability of the facility, if desired. Candidates seeking Skype Interview should submit photocopies of certificates attested by the present employer.
- The Advanced Centre for Treatment, Research and Education in Cancer (ACTREC) is the state-of-the-art R&D satellite of the Tata Memorial Centre (TMC), which also includes under its umbrella the Tata Memorial Hospital (TMH), the largest cancer hospital in Asia. ACTREC has the mandate to function as a national centre for treatment, research and education in cancer. TMC is an autonomous grant-in-aid institution of the Department of Atomic Energy (DAE), Government of India. It is registered under the Societies Registration Act (1860) and the Bombay Public Trust Act (1950). Its Governing Council is headed by the Chairman, Atomic Energy Commission, Government of India.
- ACTREC comprises of 2 arms – one for basic research and another for clinical research. The basic research building was inaugurated in March 2002 at the new site of ACTREC in Kharghar, Navi Mumbai. In August 2002, the Cancer Research Institute (CRI) shifted in toto from its Parel campus in Mumbai to serve as the basic research arm of ACTREC. The clinical research arm of ACTREC comprising of the Clinical Research Centre (CRC) became functional from March 2005. ACTREC also has a 100-bed hospital fully equipped with state-of-the-art diagnostic and therapeutic facilities. Research investigations at CRI currently focus on molecular mechanisms responsible for causation of major human cancers relevant to India. It is envisaged that in the future, ACTREC will play a greater role in drug development and emerging therapies for treatment and prevention of cancer.
- The origins of the Advanced Centre for Treatment, Research and Education in Cancer (ACTREC) are rooted in the Indian Cancer Research Centre (ICRC), which was established in 1952 in Parel, Mumbai, under the purview of the Ministry of Health, Government of India. In 1966, ICRC was renamed the Cancer Research Institute (CRI) and amalgamated with the Tata Memorial Hospital (TMH), creating the first comprehensive cancer centre in India – the Tata Memorial Centre (TMC), an autonomous grant-in-aid institution of the Department of Atomic Energy (DAE), Government of India.
- Over the years, as the institute grew in repute and staff strength, with several new disciplines introduced into its repertoire, an acute shortage of space led to the search for a larger campus. The ACTREC project was conceptualized by the DAE in November 1983. During the period 1985-1987, DAE acquired a huge 60 acre plot of land from CIDCO in Navi Mumbai, the newly developing city across the harbour, and it was decided to set up a much larger institute on this campus.
- The foundation stone for this campus – the Advanced Centre for Treatment, Research and Education in Cancer (ACTREC), located near the foothills of the Sahyadri mountain ranges in Kharghar, Navi Mumbai, was formally laid in May 1997 by Dr. R. Chidambaram, Chairman, AEC and Secretary, DAE. In August 2002, in its 50th year, CRI moved in toto from Mumbai to Navi Mumbai to become the basic research wing of ACTREC, and started functioning from its new premises at Kharghar. In December 2002, CRI celebrated its Golden Jubilee, with the pledge to ‘not remain content’ with its stature and recognition worldwide as the premier Indian institute conducting research on cancer, but to scale new heights at its ACTREC campus.
click above to download
the employment notification
click above to apply
now online or download form