Last Date:06 Feb,2019
Advt No. PGI/RC/2019/001/0050
Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER)
PGIMER is looking for eligible candidates for the recruitment to 134 posts of Assistant Professor.All eligible and Interested candidates must apply by 06-02-2019 by sending their completed applications in given format along with all the requisite documents, fees (if applicable), etc on or before the last date.
Name of the post – Assistant Professor
No of post – 134
Pay Scale – Rs 15600 – 39100 + GP 9000
MD/MS/ MDS/ M.Ch/ DNB and min 3 yrs experience.
General Information:himachal government jobs
- Candidates are advised in their own interest to apply much before the closing date and should not wait till the last date.
- The post(s) is/are whole time and private practice of any kind is prohibited.
- The selected candidates will be governed by the New Pension Scheme as per the provision contained in the Ministry of Finance, Department of Economic Affairs (ECB & PR Division) Notification No.5/7/2003-ECB&PR dated 22.12.2003.
- Candidates applying under any of the reserved category posts, viz, SC/ST/OBC/OH, will be considered subject to submission of Caste Certificate issued by the appropriate/competent authority on the prescribed format. Caste should be clearly and legibly mentioned in the application form. OBC candidate’s eligibility will be based on the caste(s) borne in the Central List of Government of India. OBC candidate(s) should not belong to Creamy Layer and their sub-caste should match with the entries in Central List of OBC, failing which their candidature will not be considered under any of the applied reserved category post(s).
- All the original certificates/documents will be verified at the time of interview. The shortlisted candidate(s) based on their submissions, must bring one print out of on-line application and all original certificates viz. (i) 10th class, (ii) essential qualifications and experience(s) (iii) valid caste certificate if applied under SC/ST/OBC/OH category issued by the appropriate/competent authority (iv) No Objection Certificate (if in regular employment in any Govt./Semi Govt./Government Enterprises/Government funded autonomous Institutions) along with a set of self attested photocopy of the said document(s)/certificate(s).
- The period of experience wherever prescribed shall be counted after obtaining the prescribed qualification.
- The candidates who are working in Govt./Semi Govt./Autonomous Body etc. must submit the“No Objection Certificate” from their present employers alongwith the application.
- The candidates must ensure that they fulfill eligibility criteria and that the particulars furnished by them in the application are correct in all respects. If at any stage it is found that the candidate has furnished any incorrect information or has suppressed material fact(s), his/her candidature will stand cancelled. If any of these shortcoming(s) is/are detected even after the appointment, his/her services will be summarily terminated.
- In case of a candidate applying for more than one post, separate application for each post is required to be submitted.
- In case the last date of receipt of application is declared a holiday, the last date for receipt of the application will be considered as the next working day.
- The candidates are advised to visit PGI website regularly for further Instruction, if any.
- No age relaxation would be given to SC/ST/OBC candidates who apply under UR Category.
- Category once applied will not be allowed to be changed at the later stage and no communication in this regard will be entertained.
- The DPGI would be the final authority to take any decision in this regard.
- The Director PGIMER reserves the right to withdraw any or all the posts without assigning any reason.
- The courts of Chandigarh only shall have the exclusive jurisdiction to try any dispute with regard to this recruitment.
- The eligible candidates will be called for interview. However, the same would be provisional subject to fulfillment of all requirements failing which he/she will not be allowed to appear for interview.
- The candidates applying for the post of Assistant Professor would also be required to make a presentation on his/her work/achievements before the selection committee for a duration not exceeding 05 minutes. The presentation should be prepared in the MICROSOFT POWER POINT and should contain information as per proforma given along with the application form. The candidates are also requested to submit the same in a CD at least one day before the interview in the Recruitment Cell, PGIMER, Chandigarh. No other option like PEN DRIVE etc. will be accepted.
- The interview with the Selection Committee is mandatory for which the candidates would have to appear personally. No request for online interview will be accepted.
- The selected candidates will be issued appointment letters. The appointment of selected candidates is subject to his/her being declared medically fit by the PGIMER, Chandigarh.
- The Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER) Chandigarh was conceived in 1960 as a center of excellence which would endeavour to develop patterns of teaching in postgraduate medical education in as many branches as possible and attempt to produce specialists in several disciplines of medicine. It was also envisaged that these specialists would spread out in the country in various medical colleges and medical institutions and impart medical education of highest standard to the students and set up nucleus of excellence in their own institutions. The PGIMER was also given the responsibility to broaden the horizons of medical knowledge by intensive research in the field of health.
- he PGIMER owes its inception to the vision of late Sardar Partap Singh Kairon, the then Chief Minister of Punjab and the distinguished medical educationists of the then combined state of Punjab, supported by the first Prime Minister of India Pt. Jawahar Lal Nehru who considered the institutions of scientific knowledge as temples of learning and the places of pilgrimage. The institute started in 1962 and Pt Jawahar Lal Nehru inaugurated the hospital now named “Nehru Hospital” on 7th July 1963. The Institute was originally under the Government of undivided Punjab. After the reorganization of the state, the administrative control of the institute passed on to the Union Territory of Chandigarh in November 1966. The Institute became an autonomous body under the Act of Parliament in 1967 functioning under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India, with the following mandate. Provide high quality patient care. (A)Attain self-sufficiency in postgraduate medical education and to meet the country’s need for highly qualified medical teachers in all medical and surgical fields.(B)Provide educational facilities for the training of personnel in all-important branches of health activity.(C)Undertake basic community based research.
click above to download
the employment notification
click above to apply
now online or download form