Last Date:25 Oct,2019
Central University of Karnataka
CU Karnataka is inviting eligible candidates to apply online for 67 posts of Professor and Associate Professor in various department.Interested and Eligible Candidates may apply online by 25-10-2019 , after making sure that they meet the concerned eligibility criteria. All personal and educational details must be mentioned properly.
Name of the post – Professor and Associate Professor
No of post – 67
Pay Scale – Level 14,13A
Ph.D. degree in the concerned/allied/relevant discipline and min 10 yrs experience.
General Information:public sector recruitment
- The University is looking for qualified, accomplished and committed faculty members who believe in institution-building and have a passion for academic excellence through teaching and quality research. Applications in the prescribed online format are invited from eligible and suitable Indian Nationals for filling-up of teaching positions at the level of Professor, Associate Professor and Assistant Professors in various disciplines on regular/reemployment after superannuation basis. The Last Date for submission of On-line applications complete in all respects is 25.10.2019 at 5.00pm and last date of receipt of hard copy of online application is on 04.11.2019 at 5.00pm.
- The qualifications, Pay Scales and other conditions for the advertised teaching positions shall be in accordance with UGC Regulations on Minimum Qualifications for Appointment of Teachers and other Academic Staff in Universities and Colleges and Measures for the Maintenance of Standards in Higher Education 2018 (hereinafter referred to as UGC Regulations 2018) and its subsequent amendments issued, published in the Gazette of India, and are subject to any future regulations/norms, including amendments in the present regulations stipulated by the MHRD/UGC, AICTE, NCTE, etc. applicable to such recruitments, which may change from time to time. The application form must be accompanied by additional sheets (wherever required) and enclosures giving details of academic qualifications,experience, published work etc.
- A relaxation of 5% (i.e., from 60% to 55% for Management and Engineering disciplines and 55% to 50% for rest of the disciplines) shall be provided at the Graduate and Masters level for the Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes/Persons with Disability (PWD /Other Backward Classes (OBC) (Non-creamy layer) categories for the purpose of eligibility and for assessing good academic record during direct recruitment to teaching positions. The eligibility marks of 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories
mentioned above are permissible, based on only the qualifying marks without including any grace marks.
- The period taken by the candidates to acquire M.Phil. Degree and the residency period prescribed for pursuing Ph.D. shall not be considered as teaching/research experience to be claimed for appointment to the teaching positions. Post-Doctoral with substantial evidence to be treated as equivalent to teaching experience and shall be given preference. ONLY the period of active service spent on pursuing research Degree i.e., for acquiring Ph.D. degree simultaneously without taking any kind of leave shall be counted as teaching experience for the purpose of direct recruitment to the post of Associate Professor and above.
- Relevant grade which is regarded as equivalent of 55% wherever the grading system is followed by a recognized university shall also be considered eligible. It will be the responsibility of the candidate to provide equivalence certificate for grade achieved (in terms of %) issued by the concerned degree awarding University. In the absence of such a certificate, the verification shall not be considered for appointment to the post applied for.
- The candidates selected shall be appointed under a written contract as per UGC norms.
- Applicants not found suitable for higher positions may be considered for lower positions in the same area of specialization/subject.
- The appointment of candidates on regular basis shall be governed by New Pension Scheme (NPS).
- Call letters and other correspondence for attending the interview, etc., will be sent only to the eligible candidates by Email only and will be displayed on CUK website.
- Only matriculation/SSC certificate/Admit card/passing certificate issued by the concerned education board will be considered as proof of date of birth. No other document will be accepted for verification of date of birth.
- Reservations for SC, ST, OBC, EWS and Persons with Disabilities will be as per existing Government of India norms as amended from time to time. Candidates applying for the reserved posts should clearly state to which category they belong. They must also enclose a Certificate issued by Tahsildar/Mandal Revenue Officer/Equivalent authority as proof to this effect, without which the application will not be considered. In case of candidate wants to claim benefits under the Persons with Disabilities (PWD) category, the candidate’s relevant disability should be not less than 40%. Proof to this effect, must be enclosed with the application, without which the application will be treated as ‘General (unreserved)’.
- Candidates applying for the post(s) reserved for OBC, should submit an self-attested copy of valid caste certificate specifically mentioning Creamy Layer-exclusion in the format prescribed by Govt. of India (www.ncbc.nic.in, which should not be more than 6 months old from the last date of submission of application) issued by competent authority, vide Column 3 of GOI Dept. of Personnel and Training O.M. No. 36012/22/93-Estt.(SCT) dated 8.9.1993 and modified vide DoPT’s O.M. No. 36033/3/2004- Estt.(Res) dated 9.3.2004, subsequently revised vide O.M. No.36033/3/2004-Estt.(Res) dated 14.10.2008. The OBC Certificate must be in the format as prescribed by the Govt. of India vide OM No. 36036/2/2013- Estt. (Res.) dated 30/05/2014.
- Candidates must write their Email ID neatly and correctly for mailing written examination/ interview/appointment letter as attachment. The e-mail date will be considered as the official date of dispatch and receipt of communication. Candidates not having an e-mail-ID must create an ID and check it regularly for further communication.
- In case of any dispute/ambiguity that may occur in the process of selection, the decision of the ViceChancellor, Central University of Karnataka in all matter relating to eligibility, acceptance or rejection of applications, mode of selection, conduct of examination/ interview will be final and binding on the candidates and no enquiry or correspondence will be entertained in this connection from any individual or his/ her agency.
- In case of any inadvertent mistake in the process of selection, which may be detected at any stage even after the issue of appointment order, the University reserves the right to modify/withdraw/ cancel any communication made to the candidates.
- The Central University of Karnataka (CUK) has been established by an Act of the Parliament (No. 3 of 2009) at Kalaburagi, Karnataka. It is one of the 16 new Central Universities established by the Government of India during the UGC XI Plan Period to address to the concerns of ‘equity and access’ and to increase the access to quality higher education by people in less educationally developed districts which have a Graduate Enrolment Ratio of less than the national average of 11%.
- The CUK, with its territorial jurisdiction all over Karnataka has been initiated its activities from the academic year beginning August 2009 in keeping with the philosophy of achieving and maintaining the highest levels of academic excellence, sensitivity to equity and access in enrolment and recruitment and emerging as a premier national educational and research institution in the country.
- The University has 654 acres campus, situated near Kadaganchi village in the district of Kalaburagi, Karnataka State. It is claimed that CUK is the first Central University to move to its permanent campus in a short time among the new ones. The main objective of the University is integrating the components of Teaching, Research, Innovation, Training and Skill Development (TRI-TSD) with an aspiration to excel in dual degree, post graduate and doctoral programs. The University offers the programs in following five dominant areas: Arts, Humanities, Management, Sciences, and Engineering. Currently the University is running 16 Departments spread in 8 Schools and 1 Centre, and offering 9 Dual degree programs, 15 Master degree programs, 16 Research (PhD) programs.
click above to download
the employment notification