Last Date:21 Oct,2019
Board of Apprenticeship Training (BOAT)
BOAT aka Board of Apprenticeship Training invites Sarkari Job applications for the post of 660 Graduate & Diploma Apprentices. Apply Online before 10 October 2019. BOAT Recruitment Qualification/ eligibility conditions, how to apply & other rules are given below… Official website is boat-srp.com
Name of the post – Graduate & Diploma Apprentices
No of post – 660
Pay Scale – 3542/-, 4984/- (Per Month)
General Information:police recruitment
- TAMILNADU STATE TRANSPORT CORPORATION (KUMBAKONAM/ VILLUPURAM/ NAGERCOIL/ TIRUNELVELI) LTD, invites Online application from eligible Graduate/Diploma holders in Engineering (passed during 2017, 2018 & 2019 ), hailing from Tamilnadu, for undergoing one year Apprenticeship training under the Apprenticeship (Amendment) Act 1973.
- Guidelines under Apprentices Act on Reservation for SC/ST/OBC/PWD will be followed. Those who are claiming reservation under SC/ST/OBC/PWD shall provide certificate as per Government standard format, failed which their claim for reservation will be considered as ‘General’ category only. If BC candidates claiming OBC category, they should bring OBC certificate as per the approved (OBC) format from the certificate issuing authority.
- As prescribed in Clause 4 of the Apprenticeship Rule 1992, and amendments thereof if any.
- The duration of Apprenticeship training will be for a period of one year as per Apprenticeship (Amendment) Act 1973.
- Candidates who have already undergone or are currently undergoing apprenticeship under Apprenticeship (Amendment) Act 1973, and/or having one year or more experience are not eligible to apply.
- Board of Apprenticeship Training (SR) is interested with the task of preparation of shortlist from the online application data. Shortlisting of candidates will be done based on the percentage of marks obtained in the basic prescribed qualification as applicable to the respective disciplines. Shortlisted candidates shall be intimated through their registered Email id. Shortlisted candidates have to appear for Certificate Verification at Board of Apprenticeship Training (SR), Chennai.
- 10% of vacancies are reserved for wards of Tamilnadu State Transport Corporation Ltd, (Kumbakonam, Villupuram, Nagercoil and Tirunelveli Regions only). They have to submit their original ward certificate (specimen copy enclosed)while attending certificate verification at BOAT (SR), Chennai. Also they have to send their TNSTC Ltd, ward certificate clearly indicating their Student Enrollment No. STN…………….through mail to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 16.10.2019. Otherwise, their claim for TNSTC Ltd, Ward Quota will not be considered.
- No TA / DA will be paid for attending certificate verification.
- No boarding or lodging expenses are admissible.
- Upon completion of the Apprenticeship period, TAMILNADU STATE TRANSPORT CORPORATION (KUMBAKONAM/ VILLUPURAM/ NAGERCOIL/ TIRUNELVELI) LTD shall have no obligation to offer employment to such apprentices nor can an apprentice claim right for employment on the grounds of completion of Apprenticeship.
- The list of selected candidates shall be published on 11.11.2019 in the website: http://www.boat-srp.com under Organized Events & News Section in home page.
- No further communication in this regard will be entertained.
- Board of Apprenticeship training (SR) has not entrusted / authorized any individual organization to coordinate (or) liaison our work. Candidates beware of touts and our office is not responsible for such unwanted incident.
- Canvassing / Pressuring through any source will disqualify the candidature and their name will be removed from our official records without prior intimation and this Board will not responsible for such cases.
- In pursuance of the recommendations of the Scientific Manpower Committee, the Apprenticeship Training Scheme for Engineering Graduates and Diploma Holders in Engineering was introduced during post-independence era by the then Ministry of Education, Government of India, under a scheme which was known as Practical Training Stipendiary Scheme (PTS Scheme). In this Scheme, a limited number of Graduates and Diploma holders in Engineering / Technology were trained in the Industries for Practical Training on a monthly Stipend. The PTS Scheme was purely on voluntary basis and the stipend paid to the Apprentices were fully borne by the Government of India and the scheme was administered directly by the then Ministry of Education, Government of India.
- The importance of industrialization was emphasised by the Government of India in order to provide job opportunities for the vast majority of the people and to achieve economic growth. The various skills needed for the industries were identified. In order to meet the requirements of the industries the Government of India decided to utilise the facilities available in the industries for training technicians and thus the Apprenticeship Training was envisaged and the Apprentices Act, 1961 was enacted in the Parliament during December 1961, to provide Practical Training to Pass-outs of Industrial Training Institutes to enhance their technical competency. Central Apprenticeship Council was created to advise the Government to formulate Policies and Procedures.
- In order to develop competent supervisors and engineers, the Apprentices Act was amended during the year 1973, accordingly, the Engineering Graduates and Diploma holders in Engineering / Technology were brought under the purview of the scheme and they were called as Graduate and Technician Apprentices. Further, in the year 1986, the Apprentices Act was once again amended to bring Higher Secondary (10+2) Vocational Certificate Holders under the purview of the Scheme. The new category of Apprentices are known as Technician (Vocational) Apprentices.During 2014, non engineering degree (or) diploma holders are included in Graduate and Technician Apprenticeship Training Scheme.
- Implementation of Graduate & Technician Apprenticeship Training Scheme, for engineering students was entrusted to Regional Boards of Apprenticeship / Practical Training under the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India.
- Under Graduate & Technician Apprenticeship Scheme 164 Subject fields / branch of engineering have been notified with apart from Optional Trade.
click above to download
the employment notification
click above to apply
now online or download form