Last Date:27 October,2019
Food Corporation of India (FCI)
FCI aka Food Corporation of India invites applications for the post of 330 Manager. Apply Online before 27 October 2019. FCI Recruitment Qualification/ eligibility conditions, how to apply & other rules are given below… Official website is www.fci.gov.in
Name of the post – Manager
No of post – 330
Pay Scale – 40000 – 140000/-
Graduate, B.Com, B.Sc., Diploma, B.E./B.Tech, CA, MBA
General Information:psu jobs
- No person shall be eligible for initial appointment unless he has attained the age of 18 years.
- Nationality: A candidate for appointment in the service of the Corporation shall be:
i. a Citizen of India, or
ii. a subject of Nepal, or
iii. a subject of Bhutan, or
iv. a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st January, 1962 with
the intention of permanently settling in India, or
v. a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda and United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India. Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been given by the Government of India.
- Candidates should indicate at the designated place in the Application Form whether they belong to any of the Minority Communities notified by Government namely, Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Buddhists, Jain or Zoroastrians (Parsis).
- All the posts carry IDA pattern pay scales and usual allowances such as HRA, Leave Travel facilities etc. These scales carry DA on percentage basis. Gross emoluments would vary depending upon place of posting. All appointments will be subject to the Rules and Regulations of the Corporation in- force from time to time. Other benefits like CPF, Gratuity, Leave Travel Concessions, Leave Encashment, Medical-reimbursement, Pension etc., shall be applicable as per the rules of the Corporation as amended from time to time.
- Management Trainee will undergo training for six months. Only a consolidated stipend will be paid to them at the rate of Rs. 40000/- (Rupees Forty Thousand Only) per month during the training period. They shall also be eligible for reimbursement of Train/Bus fare as per rules. Daily allowance is admissible for visits to field offices and/ or other offices during training. They shall not be reimbursed any lodging charges separately. They will be considered for absorption after successful completion of training and placed on probation in regular IDA scale of pay scale of Rs. 40000-140000/-.
- The seniority of Management Trainees absorbed as Manager in the services of FCI will be determined by the Order of Merit in which they are finally selected for absorption after successful completion of their training period. They will be posted in any State within the jurisdiction of the Zone against which they are selected. The seniority of the absorbed trainees will be maintained in their respective Zones in the respective cadre from the date of their Induction. However, the period of Training as Management Trainee shall not be counted for the purpose of work experience.
- The seniority of Manager (Hindi), appointed in the services of FCI within the Zone will be determined by the order of merit in which they are finally selected for appointment within the zone. They will be posted in any State within the jurisdiction of the Zone against which they are selected. The seniority of the officials will be maintained in their respective Zones in the respective cadre.
- The candidates selected as Management Trainee shall execute a bond in prescribed format for Rs. 1,00,000- (Rs. One lakh only) at the time of his/her joining for serving the Corporation for a minimum period of three years.
- Employees of the Central/State Govt./Public Sector Undertakings and Departmental candidates (FCI Employee) may note that they will have to produce the ‘No Objection Certificate’ from their employer at the time of his/her initial document verification stage at the time of interview.
- Options should be exercised by the candidates carefully after going through the Advertisement and keeping in view fulfilment of eligibility conditions, educational qualifications, experience etc. prescribed for the posts. OPTION ONCE EXERCISED SHALL BE FINAL AND NO CHANGE WILL BE ALLOWED UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.
- Candidates are not permitted to use calculator and other electronic gadgets. They should not, therefore, bring the same inside the examination premises/venue.
- The Online test will consist of Objective Type Multiple Choice Questions only except Paper-IV for Manager (Hindi) which will be of subjective type.
- Discrepancies, if any in question paper may be brought to the notice at http://cgrs.ibps.in within 03 days of holding the examination. Representation received thereafter will not be entertained.
- At the application stage, the scrutiny of the eligibility, category and other aspects will not be undertaken before issuing call letters for Online Test. However, the fact that the call letter(s) has been issued to the candidate does not imply that his/her candidature has been finally cleared by FCI. FCI would be free to reject any application, at any stage of the process, cancel the candidature of the candidate in case it is detected at any stage that a candidate does not fulfil the eligibility norms and/or that he/she has furnished any incorrect/false information/ certificate/documents or has suppressed any material fact(s). If any of these shortcomings is/are detected after appointment in FCI, his/her services are liable to be summarily terminated.
- Formats prescribed for furnishing certificates for SC/ST, OBC, EWS and PwBD are appended at Annexures A, B , C , D1/D2/D3 (as applicable for the relevant PwBD category), E and F respectively. Candidates may note that these Certificates/Documents shall be required to be furnished along with other essential enclosures in case of their shortlisting on the basis of the Online
Examination (Phase-II) at the designated address which shall be informed / notified through the designated website. Eligible PwBD candidates using their own Scribe in the examination are required to submit ‘Scribe Declaration Form (Annexure-F) on the day of examination at Examination Venue.
- A candidate may select any one of the examination centres within the opted Zone while filling the online Application Form. It is clarified that a candidate may choose the examination centers of his choice even outside the opted Zone while filling the online Application Form.
- The Food Corporation of India is an organization created and run by the Government of India and also run by state Governments. Its top official is designated as Chairman. It was set up in 1965 with its Initial headquarters at Chennai. Later this was moved to New Delhi. It also has regional centers in the capitals of the states. Important regions of the state also serve as district centers.
- The Food Corporation of India (FCI) was set up on 14 January 1965 having its first District Office at Thanjavur – rice bowl of Tamil Nadu – and headquarters at Chennai (The Headquarters later shifted to Delhi) under the Food Corporations Act 1964 to implement the following objectives of the National Food Policy :
1-Effective price support operations for safeguarding the interests of the poor farmers.
2-Distribution of foodgrains throughout the country for Public Distribution System (PDS).
3-Maintaining a satisfactory level of operational and buffer stocks of foodgrains to ensure National Food Security.
4-Regulate market price to provide foodgrains to consumers at a reliable price.
- It is one of the largest Corporations in India and probably the largest supply chain management in Asia (Second in the world). It operates through 05 Zonal offices and 24 Regional offices. Each year, the Food Corporation of India purchases roughly 15 to 20 percent of India’s wheat output and 12 to 15 percent of its rice output. The purchases are made from the farmers at the rates declared by the Govt. of India. This rate is called MSP (Minimum Support Price).There is no limit for procurement in terms of volume, any quantity can be procured by FCI(Food Corporation of India) provided the stock satisfies FAQ (Fair Average Quality) specifications with respect to FCI.
click above to download
the employment notification
click above to apply
now online or download form