Last Date:31 Oct,2019
Indian Institute of Geomagnetism (IIGM)
Applications are invited in prescribed form from individuals for filling up 11 contractual positions of Technical Officer, Senior Technical Assistant and Various in Indian Institute of Geomagnetis(IIGM).Duly filled in application form along with attested copies of required certificates should reach the given address either in person or by Registered Post with Acknowledgement due on or before the last date of 31-10-2019 .
Name of the post – Technical Officer, Senior Technical Assistant and Various
No of post – 11
Pay Scale – level 2,4,6,7
Matriculation / Bachelors Degree / Master’s degree / BE. / M.E.
General Information:karnataka government jobs
- Candidates applying for the post reserved for Economically Weaker Sections may please refer to the Office Memorandum No.F.No.36039/1/2019-Estt (Res.) dated 31st January, 2019 issued by Department of Personnel and Training. They should submit Income and Asset certificate to be produced by Economically Weaker Sections (Annexure–II)
- Candidates are advised to satisfy themselves before applying that they possess the minimum essential qualifications and experience (if any) laid down in the advertisement. Qualification obtained has to be from recognized University / Institute.
- All details furished in the application will be treated as final and no subsequent changes shall be entertained.
- Age and experience will be reckoned as on the last date of application.
- Candidates desirous to apply for more than one post should apply for each post separately.
- Application fee Rs.300/- should be paid for each post separately by crossed demand draft in favour of Indian Institute of Geomagnetism, New Panvel. However, no application fee for SC/ST, PWD & Women candidates. The application fee paid will not be refunded under any circumstances.
- Age relaxation for SC/ST/OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) candidates are applicable only if the post is reserved for particular category are as per the Government of India rules.
- The appointment of the selected candidates is subject to being found medically fit as per the requirements of the Institute.
- Candidates should submit copies of certificates in support of their qualification (matriculation onwards), experience, Date of Birth, Caste certificate etc. Original certificats should be produced at the time of Selection process as well as while joining.
- Applicant is required to submit certificate/s in support of minimum required experience in proper format i.e. it should be on the organisations letter head, bearing the date of issue, specific period of work, designation, pay drawn for each position, duly certified by the concerned issuing authority.
- The applications received in response to advertisement will be scrutinized and only short-listed candidates will be called for selection process. Merely fulfilling the requirements laid down in the advertisement will not automatically entitle any candidate to be called for further selection process.
- Candidates seeking reservation benefits available for SC/ST/OBC (Non-Creamy Layer)/PWD must be in possession of the certificates in the format prescribed by GOI in support of their claim at the time of application. Candidates seeking reservation for OBC (NCL) is required to attach a declaration, in addition to certificate in the prescribed format issued by the Competent Authority enclosed as Annexure – I.
- Decision of the Institute in all matters relating to the eligibility of the candidate, screening/skill/written test and selection would be final and binding on all the candidates. No correspondence or personal enquiries shall be entertained.
- No correspondence will be entertained from candidates regarding conduct and result of Written test/Skill test and reasons for not being called.
- Candidates working in Central/State/Semi Government Organizations, Public Sector Undertakings, Autonomous Bodies etc. must apply through proper channel and such candidates will be required to produce relieving letter at the time of joining, if selected, failing which they will not be permitted to join the post. To avoid delay, an advance copy of such application, complete in all respects, may be sent superscribed on the top of the application, “ADVANCE COPY”.
- In case of any inadvertent mistake in the process of selection which may be detected at any stage even after the issue of offer of appointment, the Institute reserves the right to modify / withdraw / cancel any communication made to the candidate.
- In case of any dispute / ambiguity that may occur in the process of selection, the decision of the Director shall be final.
- The Institute shall verify the antecedents or documents submitted by a candidate at any time at the time of appointment or during the tenure of the service. In case, it is detected that the documents submitted by the candidates are fake or the candidate has a clandestine antecedents/background and has suppressed the said information, then his/her services shall be terminated and legal action may be initiated against such candidates / employees.
- No travelling allowance (TA) shall be paid to the outstation candidates for attending the selection process. However, SC/ST candidates attending the written test / interview shall be paid to & fro second class railway fare by shortest route, subject to production of tickets and caste certificate. SC/ST candidates alredy in Central / State Government organizations, Autonomous Body, Public Sector undertakings etc. service are not admissible for the same.
- The new entrants in the services would be governed by the National Pension System.
- Canvassing in any form will be treated as disqualification for the post.
- No interim enquiries / correspondence will be entertained.
- For a query related to submission of application, you may send email on id : firstname.lastname@example.org. However, enquiry/queries related to eligibility for the post/interpretation of rules will not be entertained.
- Candidates are advised to mention their correct and active email address in the application, as all the correspondence like issuance of call letter or any other information will be communicated through email only.
- Addendum / corrigendum if any, in respect of this advertisement shall be published only on www.iigm.res.in (Announcements).
- Late and incomplete applications will be rejected.
- IIG has an enviable antiquity of over 175 years, which was instrumental in spawning geomagnetism in the Indian subcontinental region. It has evolved from being a data gathering organization to using long series geomagnetic data, to tackle applied aspects that benefit society, in an obvious and abstruse ways. Indian Institute of Geomagnetism (IIG) was given a full-scale mandate to pursue geomagnetic and allied field research in 1971. It has been an autonomous institution since its inception and is now functioning directly under the Department of Science and Technology, Government of India. The evolution of geomagnetism in the country has been interminably linked with the growth of this institution.
- Geomagnetism has many societal applications and this science impacts all of humanity in one form or other. The very survival of all the life forms on earth is interminably related to the existence of this geomagnetic field. It’s in the fitness of things that we all understand the very significant role this component plays in cosmic natural processes. A significant contribution to research in the field of geomagnetism started in India as back as in 19th century. Geomagnetic observations commenced in India and rest of the world almost concurrently. The first magnetic observations in India were started at Madras in 1822, followed by the recordings at Simla (1841), Trivandrum (1841) and Colaba (1841). Among these, only Colaba observatory continued uninterrupted since 1841. The combined observations at Colaba and Alibag observatories provide the longest series (nearly 175 years) of magnetic field data.
- IIG conducts basic and applied research in Geomagnetism and allied fields like Solid Earth Geomagnetism/Geophysics, Magnetosphere, Space and Atmospheric Sciences. IIG has a number of active research groups involved in theoretical, experimental, and observational work. The Institute has a modern laboratory for design and fabrication of instruments used in Geomagnetism and allied fields. Geomagnetism is a multi-disciplinary science and thus provides research opportunities for Physicists, Geophysicists, and Earth Scientists. Geomagnetism, by its very nature, is also a global science and often involves collaboration with scientists from other countries. The Institute also supports a World Data Centre for Geomagnetism (WDC, Mumbai), which is the only International centre for Geomagnetic data in South Asia and caters to the needs of Space and Earth Scientists and researchers from various universities and research institutions.
click above to download
the employment notification