Last Date:03 December,2019
Advt. No. : 2 of 2019 – CPCL/HRD : 03: 056/055
Chennai Petroleum Corporation Limited (CPCL)
Chennai (Tamil Nadu)
CPCL invites application for the posts of 55 Workmen Vacancy 2019 from Diploma, B.Sc. pass candidates interested in Chennai Petroleum Corporation Ltd Workmen Recruitment opening.
Name of the post – Engineering Assistant & Marketing Assistant
No of post – 55
Pay Scale – 11,900 – 32,000/-
Diploma / B.Sc.
General Instruction:himachal government jobs
- A candidate is allowed to apply for ONLY one discipline/post. While applying for any post, the applicant should ensure that he / she fulfills the eligibility criteria and other norms mentioned, as on the specified dates and that the particulars furnished are correct in all respects.
- Candidates are hereby informed that any Corrigendum/ Addendum etc. with regard to this advertisement will be made available on www.cpcl.co.in only. Candidates are advised to refer to the above website periodically for updates. All future correspondence with respect to the advertised posts will be made only through www.cpcl.co.in.
- Candidates need not submit /send at any address, application printouts or any certificates or copies thereof at the time of online application. Their candidature will be considered on the strength of the information declared in the application. If at any stage, it is found that any information furnished in the online application is false/ incorrect or if according to CPCL, the candidate does not satisfy the eligibility criteria, his/ her candidature/ appointment is liable to be cancelled/ terminated.
- All the educational qualifications mentioned should be from a University/ Institution/ Board recognised by Govt. of India/ approved by Govt. Regulatory Bodies. If grades are awarded instead of marks, candidates should clearly indicate its numerical equivalent (i.e. convert to percentage of marks).
- Candidates are advised in their own interest to apply online much before the closing date and not to wait till the last date for depositing the fee to avoid the possibility of disconnection/ inability/failure to log on to the website on account of heavy load on internet or website jam.
- CPCL shall not entertain requests from the candidates seeking advice about their eligibility to apply.
- Candidates will have to visit the same website for downloading Admit cards. Intimation for downloading admit card will also be sent through email/SMS. Once the candidate clicks the relevant link, he/she can access the window for admit card download. The candidate is required to use (i) Application Number/Roll Number, (ii) Password / Date of Birth for downloading the call letter. Candidate needs to affix recent recognizable photograph on the admit card preferably the same as provided during registration and appear at the examination centre with (i) Admit Card (ii) Photo Identity Proof as specified in the Admit Card and photocopy of the same Photo Identity Proof as brought in original. Admit cards will not be sent by post.
- The candidates will have to appear for the test and for the document verification at their own cost.
- SC / ST candidates called for Written Test / Document Verification Process will be reimbursed single Second Class Railway / Bus fare from the nearest railway station of the mailing address to the place of test / document verification and back by the shortest route on production of ticket, provided the distance is not less than 30 kms. Reimbursement will be made subject to submission of TA claim along with original rail ticket / receipt or photocopy thereof or original bus tickets(s) and copy of Community Certificate. Reimbursement of travel claim will not be allowed, if Community Certificate is not produced and if the SC / ST candidate is found ineligible as per Press Advertisement criterion.
- CANDIDATES REPORTING LATE i.e. after the reporting time specified on the Admit Card for Examination will not be permitted to take the examination. The reporting time mentioned on the admit card is prior to the Start Time of the test. Though the duration of the examination is 2 hours, candidates may be required to be at the venue for about 1 hour including the time required for completion of various formalities such as verification and collection of various requisite documents, giving of instructions, etc.
- Documents relating to Age/Qualification/Experience/Category etc. will have to be submitted at the time of document verification by the candidates who are called for document verification. Selection and Appointment of candidates is subject to verification of Caste / Character & Antecedents from authorities concerned. Caste certificate submitted by candidate seeking reservation as SC/OBC/EWS in the prescribed proforma from the competent authority should clearly indicate the candidate’s caste, the Act/Order under which the caste is recognised as SC/OBC/EWS and the village/town where the candidate is originally a resident.
- Candidates seeking age relaxation are required to submit copies of necessary certificate(s) at the time of document verification.
- A declaration is required to be submitted in the prescribed format by candidate seeking reservation as OBC, that he/she does not belong to the creamy layer as on date of document verification, which is made available in the website. Candidates seeking reservation under EWS category are required to submit an Income and Asset certificate issued by Competent Authority prescribed under point no.5 of department of Personnel and Training’s O.M No. 36039/1/2019-Estt.(Res) dated 31.01.2019 at the time of document verification.
- Candidates employed in Government organizations / Public sector undertakings / Autonomous Bodies owned by the Government, should forward their applications through proper channel. However, they may also produce the NO OBJECTION CERTIFICATE at the time of document verification if their applications were not routed through proper channel. If not possible, the candidate if selected must bring clear cut release order from his previous employer.
- CPCL will not furnish the mark-sheet to candidates. The copy of OMR response sheet, answer key and marks obtained by the candidates will be uploaded in the candidates’ login after the completion of test.
- Any legal proceedings in respect of any matter of claim or dispute arising out of this advertisement and / or an application in response thereto can be instituted only in Chennai and courts/ tribunals/ forums at Chennai only shall have sole and exclusive jurisdiction to try any cause / dispute.
- Instances for providing incorrect information and /or process violation by a candidate detected at any stage of the selection process will lead to disqualification of the candidate from the selection process. If such instances go undetected during the current selection process but are detected subsequently, such disqualification will take place with retrospective effect.
- Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification.
- Chennai Petroleum Corporation Limited (CPCL) a Group company of Indian Oil Corporation (IOCL) is an Indian state-owned oil and gas corporation headquartered in Chennai, India. It was formed as a joint venture in 1965 between the Government of India (GOI), AMOCO and National Iranian Oil Company (NIOC), having a shareholding in the ratio 74%: 13%: 13% respectively. From the grassroots stage CPCL Refinery was set up with an installed capacity of 2.5 million tonnes per annum (MMTPA) in a record time of 27 months at a cost of Rs. 430 million without any time or cost overrun.
- In 1985, AMOCO disinvested in favour of GOI and the shareholding percentage of GOI and NIOC stood revised at 62% and 15.38% respectively. Later GOI disinvested 16.92% of the paid up capital in favor of Unit Trust of India, mutual funds, insurance companies and banks on 19 May 1992, thereby reducing its holding to 67.7%. The public issue of CPCL shares at a premium of Rs. 70 (Rs. 90 to FIIs) in 1994 was oversubscribed to an extent of 27 times and added a large shareholder base of over 90000. As a part of the restructuring steps taken up by the Government of India, Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL) acquired equity from GOI in 2000-01. Currently IOC holds 51.88% while NIOC continued its holding at wax and petrochemical feedstocks production facilities.
- CPCL has two refineries with a combined refining capacity of 11.5 million tonnes per annum (MMTPA). The Manali Refinery in Chennai has a capacity of 10.5 MMTPA and is one of the most complex refineries in India with fuel, lube, wax and petrochemical feedstocks production facilities. CPCL’s second refinery is Nagapattnam Refinery located at Cauvery basin at Nagapattinam in Panagudi. This unit was set up in Nagapattinam with a capacity of 0.5 MMTPA in 1993 and later enhanced to 1.0 MMTPA. Now this 1.0 MMTPA refinery is being dismantled to increase its capacity to 9.0 MMPTA with cost of 27,000 crores this new project will be completed by 2022 and will boost the company growth further. The main products of the company are LPG, Motor Spirit, superior kerosene, aviation turbine fuel, high speed diesel, naphtha, bitumen, lube base stocks, paraffin wax, fuel oil, hexane and petrochemical feed stocks. The wax plant at CPCL has an installed capacity of 30,000 tonnes per annum, which is designed to produce paraffin wax for manufacture of candle wax, waterproof formulations and match wax. A propylene plant with a capacity of 17,000 tonnes per annum was commissioned in 1988 to supply petrochemical feedstock to neighbouring downstream industries. The unit was revamped to enhance the propylene production capacity to 30,000 tonnes per annum in 2004. CPCL also supplies LABFS to a downstream unit for the manufacture of liner alkyl benzene.
click above to download
the employment notification
click above to apply
now online or download form