Last Date: 27 December 2019
Advt. No. : 33/2019
Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC)
TNPSC Archaeological Officer vacancy invites application for the posts of 18 Archaeological Officer Vacancy 2019 from Post Graduate pass candidates interested in TNPSC Archaeological Officer Recruitment opening. Follow this article for Archaeological Officer Qualification, eligibility criteria and TNPSC Archaeological Officer Last Date is 27 December.
Name of the post – Archaeological Officer
No of post – 18
Pay Scale – 36,200-1,14,800/- Level 15
M.A.Degree in Ancient History and Archaeology or in Archaeology OR M.A.Degree in History or Indian History and A Post Graduate Diploma in Epigraphy and Archaeology or Post Graduate Diploma in Archaeology awarded by the Archaeological Survey of India and Must have passed Tamil as one of the subjects in Degree level.
General Information:public sector recruitment
- The rule of reservation of appointments is applicable to this recruitment.
- In G.O.(Ms.) No.145, Personnel and Administrative Reforms (S) Department, dated 30.09.2010, and G.O.(Ms.)No.40 Personnel and Administrative Reforms(S) Department dated 30.04.2014, the Government have issued orders to fill 20% of all vacancies in direct recruitment on preferential basis to persons who studied the prescribed qualifications in Tamil Medium. Applicants claiming this reservation must have studied the prescribed qualifications for the post in Tamil Medium and should have the certificate for the same. Having written the University Examinations or Competitive Examinations in Tamil language alone will not qualify the candidate for claiming this reservation. If the Applicants with PSTM Certificate are not available for selection for appointment against reserved turn, such turn shall be filled by Non-PSTM Applicants but belonging to the respective communal category. The PSTM certificate shall be produced by the applicant in prescribed format/ proforma available in the Commission‟s website at www.tnpsc.gov.in‟ which shall be obtained from the Head of the Institution and to be submitted when called for by the Commission
- The number of vacancies advertised is only approximate and is liable to modification with reference to vacancy position at any time including reduction before finalization of selection.
- The selection for appointment to the above said post is purely provisional subject to Final Orders on pending Writ Petitions, if any, filed at Madras High Court and Madurai Bench of Madras High Court.
- As per Section 26 and 27(c) of Tamil Nadu Government Servants (Conditions of Service) Act 2016, reservation of appointment to Destitute Widows and Ex- Servicemen respectively is not applicable to this recruitment.
- This post is included under the list of posts of Group-A & B category which are identified as suitable for 4% reservation to Differently Abled Persons (LV,HI,HH,LD,LC,DF,AC,MD) vide G.O.(Ms).No.20, Welfare of Differently Abled (DAP 3.2) Department, dated 20.06.2018. However, the Turn does not arise for the said recruitment.
- The Differently Abled persons should submit copy of Differently Abled Certificate specifying the nature of physical handicap and the degree of disability when called for by the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission. If selected, they should produce a Fitness Certificate obtained from the Medical Board to the appointing authority. [Section 20 (5) of Tamil Nadu Government Servants (Conditions of Service) Act 2016].
- f no qualified and suitable women applicants are available for selection against the vacancies reserved for them, those vacancies will be filled by male applicants belonging to the respective communal categories.
- Wherever vacancies are reserved for Arunthathiyars on preferential basis, even after filling the vacancies reserved for SC (Arunthathiyars) on preferential basis, if more number of qualified Arunthathiyars are available, they shall be entitled to compete with the Scheduled Castes other than Arunthathiyars in the inter-se-merit among them and if any posts reserved for Arunthathiyars remain unfilled for want of adequate number of qualified applicants, it shall be filled by Scheduled Castes other than Arunthathiyars.
- Any subsequent claim made thereafter on submission of online application will not be entertained. Evidence for claims made in the online application should be uploaded / submitted in time, when called for. Failure to submit the documents within the stipulated time limit will entail rejection of the Application.
- Correct and True information regarding arrest, convictions / debarment / disqualification by any recruiting agency, criminal or any disciplinary proceedings initiated / pending or finalized, participation in agitation or any Political Organization, candidature in election for Parliament/State Legislature/Local Bodies etc., if any, should also be furnished to the Commission at the time of application i.e., the details thereof, originals of the Judgement, order or G.O dropping further action in Departmental proceedings or any document that may prove the suitability of such Applicants for a Government appointment in such cases must be produced at the stage / time of Certificate Verification without fail.
- Incomplete applications and applications containing wrong claims or incorrect particulars relating to category of reservation / other basic qualification / eligibility wise / age / communal categories / educational qualification / physical qualification and other basic eligibility criteria will be summarily rejected.
- One-Time Registration is not an application for any Post / Recruitment. Though the details/particulars were furnished in the One-Time Registration by the applicants, the details/particulars furnished in the online application submitted for this recruitment alone will be taken into consideration. Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission will not be responsible for any consequences arising out of furnishing of incorrect and incomplete details in the application or omission to provide the required details in the application for this recruitment.
- furnishing of incorrect and incomplete details in the application or omission to provide the required details in the application for this recruitment.
- As per Article 320 (3) (a) & (b) of the constitution of India, the Commission shall be consulted on all matters relating to methods of recruitment to Civil Services and for Civil posts and also on the principles to be followed in making appointments to Civil services and posts and in making promotions and transfer.
- Receives proposals for framing of rules and amendment of rules governing various posts in the Government Departments.
- Views of the Commission in the proposals are obtained and communicated to the Government.
- Incorporates any deviations in the Annual Report.
- Suggests modification in the rules to respective Government Departments.
- Watch for the due date in reporting of estimate of vacancies by the respective Government Departments / Head of Departments in various posts as per recruitment programme.
- For the reported vacancies, notifications are prepared with reference to the rules governing the post(s).
- If there is any deficiency, the Government / Unit Officers are asked for clarification.
- Issues the notification / advertisement for direct recruitment on approval by the Commission.
- Carries out amendment to the programme G.O. and revision of scheme of examinations and Medical G.O.
- Formulation and revision of syllabus to various recruitment examinations are carried out.Conducts equivalence Committee meetings and watches for the issue of Government orders on the recommendations of the Committee.
- Carries out the work of modification to the scheme of selections to various posts, as and when required.
click above to download
the employment notification
click above to apply
now online or download form