Last Date:13 Nov,2019
Advt No. : Ad 8/2019
Fertilisers and Chemicals Travancore Limited (FACT)
FACT is looking for experienced Indian Nationals for the recruitment to 52 positions of Assistant Manager, Technician and Various.Send applications to given address on or before the last date of 13-11-2019 . Incomplete application forms or applications received without documents or application received after the prescribed date shall not be entertained.
Name of the post – Assistant Manager, Technician and Various
No of post – 52
Pay Scale – Rs 20600 – 46500
Bachelor Degree in Engineering (Chemical Engineering or Petrochemical Engineering or Chemical Technology or Petrochemical Technology or Petroleum Refining & Petrochemical Engineering or Polymer Technology) and 3 yrs experience.
General Instruction:govt jobs
- Candidates should possess a valid e-mail ID. Candidates are advised to keep the e-mail ID (to be entered compulsorily in the application form) active for at least one year. All future correspondence with candidates shall be done through the email ID given in the application. Responsibility of receiving, downloading and printing of notifications, information/ communication etc. will be of the candidate. The Company will not be responsible for any loss of e-mail sent, due to invalid / wrong e-mail ID provided by the candidate or for delay/non-receipt of information if a candidate fails to access his mail or Company website in time.
- Once application is submitted, requests for change of address/ e-mail ID/ mobile number / category/ discipline / post etc. will not be entertained.
- Relaxations / Reservations are applicable as per Government Directives. In the case of candidates under the reserved category are shortlisted for Interview, valid Caste/Community/Ex-servicemen/Income and Assets certificate as per the respective formats prescribed by the Government shall be submitted to the Company in original before joining, failing which candidature is liable to be rejected. The OBC (NCL) Certificate in the prescribed format to be furnished before joining shall be not more than 6 months old on the date of joining.
- SC/ST/OBC(NCL)/EWS candidates may apply for posts not reserved for them, against unreserved posts,provided they fulfil the standards prescribed for unreserved candidates. No relaxation in age shall be applicable.
- Candidates presently employed in Central/State Govt./PSUs/Autonomous bodies must produce No Objection Certificate (NOC) at the time of Interview from their present employer. Candidates may take the requisite approvals from the employer, before submitting application, so as to ensure that NOC can be produced at the time of Interview or when called for. In case the candidate fails to produce the NOC from his employer, his candidature will be cancelled.
- Candidates currently employed shall furnish release letter from the present employer before being allowed to join.
- Number of posts mentioned above may increase or decrease depending upon the requirement of the Company. The Company reserves the right to fill or not to fill all or any of the above positions, to
cancel/restrict/enlarge/modify the recruitment process if need so arises, without assigning any reason whatsoever. The Company reserves the right to create and operate a panel of suitable candidates for filling up of future vacancies.
- Eligibility for calling for interview will be based on the details furnished in the application and declarations/documents attached by the applicant. The candidates are required to submit originals of
the certificates related to qualification, age, caste/ community/Income & Asset Certificates etc. at the time of Interview or when called for. The documents submitted with the application will be verified against original certificates produced at the time of the interview or when called for. Those who do not meet the requirements as to age, caste, qualification, experience etc. on verification of the original certificates, will not be considered for selection and no TA applicable, if any, will be paid to them.
- Outstation SC/ST candidates called for interview, who meet the eligibility criteria on verification of the original documents/ certificates, will be paid (through their bank account), 2nd class to and fro railway fare in the shortest route as per rules, on production of documentary proof of expense. The TA payable will be limited for the journey between the correspondence address as declared by the candidates in their application form and the venue of interview.
- Candidature of an applicant is liable to be rejected at any stage of recruitment process or after joining, if any information provided by the candidate is false or is not found to be in conformity with eligibility criteria mentioned in the notification. Appearing for Interview, and Medical Test will not confer any right on the applicant for selection. The Company reserves the right to debar/disqualify any candidate at any stage of selection proceedings for any reason whatsoever.
- Candidates who had resigned / taken voluntary retirement from FACT shall not be eligible to apply.
- Any canvassing directly or indirectly by the applicant will disqualify his candidature.
- All appointments are subject to verification of antecedents. Appointment shall be valid only if candidate is cleared after antecedent’s verification.
- Any dispute with regard to recruitment against this advertisement will be settled in Courts within the jurisdiction of Kochi only.
- Any further notifications including any corrigenda regarding this recruitment will be published in our website www.fact.co.in only and will not be published in newspapers. Candidates are required to check our website and candidate’s email regularly to obtain updates on this selection process like any amendments, notifications, and instructions to candidates, date of interview, and any other notifications regarding this recruitment.
How To Apply:
- Interested candidates may submit their duly filled application in the prescribed form available at our web-site www.fact.co.in. Candidates may read the “Notes for Application” attached with the Application Form for compliance and for details on various aspects.
- The candidate’s passport size photograph shall be firmly affixed in the space provided on the downloaded Application Form.
- Candidates should keep at least 6 copies of the photograph used for the application, till the end of the selection process. Candidates shall use the same photograph wherever required in this selection process.
- An application fee of Rs.1000/- +18% GST for post codes 01 to 05 and Rs. 500 +18% for post code 06(excluding bank charges) in the form of non-refundable Demand Draft drawn in favour of The
Fertilisers And Chemicals Travancore Ltd, payable at Udyogamandal (State Bank of India/Bank of Baroda /Bank of India) should be attached along with the application. The candidate’s full name, post
applied for and Advertisement number shall be written on the reverse of the DD. SC/ST/ES candidates are exempted from payment of application fee, subject to furnishing relevant documents to prove eligibility for exemption (copy of valid Caste certificate in the case of SC/ST candidates and Service book in case of Ex-servicemen). Candidates may ascertain their eligibility before applying and remitting the application fee. Fee once remitted will not be refunded.
- Application shall be accompanied by self-attested copies of certificates to prove age, qualification, experience and caste/community, and Income & Asset certificate in case of EWS candidates etc.
wherever applicable. Originals of all documents shall be furnished for verification, when called for the Interview.
- Caste /Community/Income & Asset Certificate shall be issued by competent authority not below the rank of Tahsildar, as per the respective Government prescribed formats made available in the website. In case the certificates are not in English, Hindi or Malayalam, a self-certified translation of the same shall also be send. OBC (NCL) candidates shall send a self-declaration in English in the format made available in this website, in addition to the caste/community certificate evidencing OBC(NCL) status. ES availing relaxation shall upload copy of service book. Please see “Notes for Application” attached with the Application Form.
- OBC candidates who belong to “CREAMY LAYER” are not entitled for concessions and such candidates have to indicate their category as “Unreserved”.
- Once the Category has been declared in the application, relaxation/concession available for any other category will not be admissible later on.
- The duly filled, downloaded application, with required attachments shall be submitted to the Assistant General Manager (IE&HR), Human Resources Department, FEDO Building, FACT Ltd., Udyogamandal,Kerala. PIN 683 501 on or before the due date specified below. Incomplete applications are liable to be rejected.
- Envelopes containing application form should be superscribed with “Application for the post of…………–FACT 2019”.
- The Fertilisers and Chemicals Travancore Limited or FACT is a fertiliser and chemical manufacturing company headquartered in Kochi, Kerala, India. The company was incorporated in 1943, by Maharajah Sree Chithira Thirunal Balarama Varma of Travancore Kingdom based on Trivandrum.It is the first fertiliser manufacturing company in independent India and also the largest Central public Sector Undertaking (CPSU) in the State of Kerala.
- The company has 2 production units – Udyogamandal Complex (UC) at Eloor, Udyogamandal, and Cochin Division (CD)at Ambalamedu. In 1947 FACT started production of ammonium sulphate with an installed capacity of 50,000 MT per annum at Udyogamandal near Cochin. The Caprolactam plant in Udyogamandal was commissioned in 1990. Main products of the company include Ammonia, Sulphuric Acid, Ammonium Phosphate-Sulphate (FACTAMFOS), Ammonium Sulphate, Zincated Ammonium Phosphate, Caprolactam, and also complex fertilizers. Gypsum, Nitric acid, Soda Ash and coloured Ammonium Sulphate are major by-products.
- The factory commenced production of ammonium sulphate in 1947 at the dawn of Indian independence using wood as the raw material for production of ammonia. With the effect of time, wood gasification became uneconomic and was replaced with naphtha reforming process. Through a series of expansion programmes, FACT soon became the producer of a wide range of fertilizers for all crops and all soil types in India. It became a Kerala State public sector enterprise in 1960 and in 1962, it came under the Government of India. Diversification to full-fledged engineering services(FEW)in the fertilizer field and allied areas followed. The next major step towards diversification was into petrochemicals.
- FACT has formed a joint venture company with Rashtriya Chemicals & Fertilizers Limited, named FRBL (FACT RCF Building Products Ltd) for manufacturing load-bearing panels and other building products using phosphogypsum.
click above to download
the employment notification
click above to apply
now online or download form