Last Date:21 Nov,201
Diesel Locomotive Works (DLW)
DLW Varanasi is inviting eligible candidates to apply online for 374 contractual posts of Apprentice.Interested and Eligible Candidates may apply online by 21-11-2019 , after making sure that they meet the concerned eligibility criteria. All personal and educational details must be mentioned properly.
Name of the post – Apprentice
No of post – 374
Pay Scale – As per norms
10th with min 50% marks and ITI.
General Information:latest andhra govt jobs
- It is clarified that after the training, there will be no obligation to provide jobs to the apprentices by the [ndian Railways and the DLW. As per Para-1O of Schedule ll (Notified on 15101192) of the Apprenticeship Regulation 1992 there is no responsibility to provide the govt. job for Act apprentices training. The candidate should clearly note this provision.
- Candidate’s colourful photograph should be in JPG format image and size of 15 to 50 kb.
- ln addition to the online application, self-certified photo copy of required certificate must be uploaded on the link given on the official website of the DLW.in (JPG image) formate. The Candidature will be cancelled if following certificate will not be uploaded in (JPG image formate):-
- High School (equivalent) marks Sheet and certificates (for Date of birth and educational qualification).
- Mark sheet of lTl i Certificate, Authorized by NCVT / SCVT. (For lTl qualification)
- ln case of SC/ST/OBC candidates, a certificate issued on Central Government format by appropriate authority . OBC certificate (Non-Creamy Layer)Certificate should be issued on or after 01.-04-201,9.
- ln case of Physical Handicap(OH/HH/VH) candidates, a certificate issued by C.M.O/Medical officer duly constituted by the Central or State Government (appropriate authority)
- lf EX-Servicemen, attach EX-Servicemen related certificate.
- The details of application fee must be filled-up in the portal and upload on it
- The recent colour passport Size photograph (Back ground White) should be of size 4 Cm X 5 Cm with name anddateprintedonit, thephotoshouldhaveclearfrontviewofthecandidatewithoutcapandsunglasses.
- Candidates are advised to keep at least 08 (Eight) copies of the same photograph for further use as and when required during the Act. Apprentice Training process.
- All the necessary original certificates will be verified, so the selected candidates will have to get ready on
short notice to present in this office with self-certified photo copies of the document
- The selected candidates will be required to be fit in the medical examination according to the prescribed
- No daily allowance/ conveyance allowance or travailing allowance will be paid to the selected candidates who will be called for verification of certificates.
- lncomplete or incorrectly filled applications will be rejected.
- Candidates who make any recommendation will be declared disqualified.
- lf any information is received regarding debarment of the candidate from any railway examination the candidature will be cancelled.
- The selection process will be completed on the basis of instructions issued by the Railway Board’s vide letter
no. (MPP) 200916114 dated 06.10.2015 and other instructions issued from time to time.
- The full authority to change the, notification or the result will be reserved wlth the DLW administration.
- ln addition to the reasons for the cancellation of the application mentioned in para-12 above, DLW reserved the right to cancel the online application without any reason if any details or information or certificates mentioned in the application form is found wrong / fake the candidature will be cancelled without notice.
- The Diesel Locomotive Works (DLW) in Varanasi, India, is a production unit of Indian Railways, that manufactures diesel-electric locomotives and its spare parts. It is the largest diesel-electric locomotive manufacturer in India. It is located on DLW to BHU road of the metropolitan city of Varanasi.
- Founded in 1961, the DLW rolled out its first locomotive three years later, on 3 January 1964. It manufactures locomotives which are variants based on the original ALCO designs dating to 1960s and the GM EMD designs of the 1990s.DLW has an annual production capacity of 250 locomotives and plans to increase it to 275 based on the current demand.Since inception,DLW has produced total 8099 locomotives (up to 31 January 2018) of various types. DLW now manufactures”More than one locomotive a day”. DLW manufactured 334 diesel-electric locomotives in last financial year 2016-17, which is the highest ever loco production by any loco manufacturing unit in India and bagged the “Best Production Unit Shield” for the second successive year.
- DLW locomotives have power outputs ranging from 2,600 horsepower (1,900 kW) to 5,500 horsepower (4,100 kW). Currently DLW is producing EMD GT46MAC and EMD GT46PAC locomotives under license from Electro-Motive Diesels (formerly GM-EMD) for Indian Railways. Some of its EMD locomotive products are WDP4, WDP4D, WDG4D, WDG5 and others as of June 2015. DLW recently started producing HEP capable WAP-7 high horsepower Electric Locomotives. Recently, it has been allotted to Santragachi & Tughlakabad Loco Shed.It will also produce WDG4G (ES43ACmi, Customized for IR) Locomotives From General-Electric Transportation.
- Besides the Indian Railways, it regularly exports diesel-electric locomotives and has supplied locomotives to other countries such as Sri Lanka, Nepal, Bangladesh, Mali, Senegal, Sudan Tanzania, Angola, and Vietnam and also to a few users within India, such as ports, large power and steel plants and private railways.
- In July 2006, DLW outsourced manufacture of some passenger and freight locomotives to Parel Workshop, Central Railway, Mumbai.
click above to download
the employment notification
click above to apply
now online or download form