Last Date:27 Nov,2019
Northern Railway is inviting eligible candidates to apply online for 21 posts of Sports Person.Interested and Eligible Candidates may apply online by 27-11-2019 , after making sure that they meet the concerned eligibility criteria. All personal and educational details must be mentioned properly.
Name of the post – Sports Person
No of post – 21
Pay Scale – Rs 5200 – 20200 + GP 1900 – 2800
12th/ Degree and related National/ Inter National sports competition certificate.
General Instructions:government jobs
- Recruitments of sportspersons shall be dealt as per Railway Board’s letter no. 2010/E (Sports)/4 (1)/1 (Policy) dated 31.12.2010 read with modifications/ amendments issued by the Railway Board from time to time.
- In case any applicant has difficulty in filling their applications ONLINE, they are freeto contact the help line numbers displayed on RRC website with notification.
- Merely filling up online application on RRC website does not entitle the candidate being eligible for selection process. Candidature of the candidate participating in the selection process is provisional at all stages.
- All the recruitments against Open Advertisement quota shall be at the minimum of scale of pay in the Pay Matrix. Railway Administration reserves the rights to recruit eligible candidates. The decision of Railway Administration on all matters relating to eligibility, place, date, mode of selection, acceptance or rejection, recommendation of post, place of posting, grade etc. shall be final and binding on the candidates. No correspondence will be entertained in this regards. Northern RailwayAdministration reserves the right to decide the number of sports persons to be selected for any individual/team game depending upon their requirement for that sports and availability of suitable candidates fulfilling the norms.
No relaxation in Education/Sports Norms, Age Relaxation shall be permissible.
- No post is reserved for SC, ST, and OBC, However the candidates claiming to belong to SC/ST/OBC communities for Fee relaxation are required to upload copy of self attested Caste Certificate issued by Competent Authority failing which no Fee relaxation is permissible and any such candidate paying less fee than Rs. 500/- as applicable to General candidate shall be REJECTED.
- Sports persons having sports norms of higher pay matrix and applied against the vacancies for the lower pay matrix, will be considered for applied level only if found eligible otherwise.
- No TA/DA/Accommodation will be given for appearing in the selection trials/ assessment. Applicant will have to bring their own playing kit. They may also be required to stay during the selection for 4-5 days, for which they have to make their own arrangements. The Railway Administration reserves the right to fix any date, as deemed suitable, change place or postpone trials/assessment (at its own convenience), or even cancel trials due to unforeseen circumstances against which no claim will be accepted.
- Candidate should be in readiness to appear for the Trials etc. at short notice after the last date for submission is over.
- Sports person recruited against sports quota shall be terminated from service, if the information and documents furnished by him/her for recruitment are found incorrect/ fake at any stage.
- No candidate should attempt impersonation or take the help of any impersonator at any stage of the selection process. Such candidates will be debarred for life from appearing in all RRB/RRC examinations or any appointment in Railways. In addition, legal action may be taken against the candidate.
- Any material suppression of facts or submitting of forged certificates/caste certificate by a candidate for securing eligibility and/or obtaining privileges, including fee exemption for appearing in the selection trial shall lead to rejection of his/her candidature for the particular recruitment for which he/she has applied. Further, he/she will also be debarred from all examinations conducted by all RRB/RRC over the country and legal action may be initiated, if warranted.
- Candidates who have been debarred for life from all RRB/RRC examinations or candidates who have been debarred for a specified period which is not yet completed need not apply in response to this employment notice. Their candidature will be rejected during any stage of recruitment as and when detected.
- Any subsequent changes in the terms and conditions of the Employment Notice as per extant rules will stand good. RRC reserves the right to consider/incorporate any subsequent changes/ modification/additions/cancellation in the terms & conditions to recruitment under this Employment Notice as and when applicable.
- Candidates selected through Sports quota will have to perform in his/her field of sports for a minimum period of 5 years. His/her performance will be assessed during first two years of service (Probation period). In case performance is no found up to the mark his/her service is liable to be terminated.
- RRC reserves the right to reject the candidature of any applicant at any stage of the process of recruitment, if any irregularity/ deficiency is noticed in the application/ candidature.
- For any Legal Dispute, the Jurisdiction will be at New Delhi only.
- In the event of any dispute about interpretation or any mistake, the English version will be treated as final.
- Canvassing in any form, misbehavior or misconduct will lead to summary rejection and cancellation of candidature and no correspondence will be entertained in this matter.
- Use of power enhancing drugs medicines/steroids/alcohol etc. is strictly banned and candidates may be required to undergo medical test if need be. Candidate found using these things will not be allowed to participate in the selection process and his candidature will be rejected along with debarring him from participating in any of the selection process in Indian Railway. Even if it is found that candidate has used such medicines even after the selection process, Railway Administration reserve the right to reject his candidature at any stage.
- The Northern Railway is one of the 18 Railway zones of India and the northernmost zone of the Indian Railways. Its headquarter is New Delhi Baroda House near India Gate.
- Officially notified as a new railway zone on 14 April 1952, its origin goes back to 3 March 1859.
- On 14 April 1952, the Northern Railway zone was created by merging Jodhpur Railway, Bikaner Railway, Eastern Punjab Railway and three divisions of the East Indian Railway north-west of Mughalsarai (Uttar Pradesh).
- On 3 March 1859, Allahabad-Kanpur, the first passenger railway line in North India was opened, which falls under Northern Railway zone.
- In 1864, the railway line between Old Delhi and Meerut City railway station was constructed. Meerut Cantt railway station was established by British India government around 1865 after the sepoy mutiny of 1857.
- In 1866, through trains started running on the East Indian Railway Company’s Howrah-Delhi line.
- In 1870, the Sind, Punjab and Delhi railway completed the 483 km (300 mi) long Amritsar – Ambala – Jagadhri- Saharanpur – Ghaziabad line connecting Multan (now in Pakistan) with Delhi.
- In 1872, Sarai Rohilla railway station was established when the metre gauge railway line from Delhi to Jaipur and Ajmer was being laid. It was a small station just outside Delhi as Delhi was confined to walled city then. All the metre gauge trains starting from (and terminating at) Delhi to Rewari, Punjab, Rajasthan and Gujarat passed through this station. The track from Delhi to Sarai Rohilla was double. The single track from Sarai Rohilla to Rewari was doubled up to Rewari, from where single tracks diverged in five directions.
click above to download
the employment notification
click above to apply
now online or download form