Last Date:05 December,2019
Advt No : 13 of 2019-20
Odisha Public Service Commission (OPSC)
OPSC aka Odisha Public Service Commission invites Sarkari Job applications for the post of 3278 Medical Officer (Assistant Surgeon). OPSC Recruitment Qualification/ eligibility conditions, how to apply & other rules are given below… Official Website is www.opsc.gov.in
Name of the post – Medical Officer (Assistant Surgeon)
No of post – 3278
Pay Scale – 56100/- Level-12
MBBS or equivalent degree from an University or Institution recognised by the Medical Council of Indian.
Genearl Information:employment news
- The candidate must be a citizen of India;
- The candidate must be of good mental condition and sound health and free from any
physical defects likely to interfere with the discharge of his duties in the service and in case a candidates, who after such medical examination as the Government may prescribe, is not found to satisfy these requirements shall not be appointed to the service.
- Passed Middle School examination in Odia as a language subject; or
- Passed Matriculation or equivalent examination with Odia as medium of examination in non-language subject; or
- Passed in Odia as language subject in the final examination of Class VII or above; or
- Passed a test in Odia in Middle English School Standard conducted by the School and Mass Education Department.
- If a candidate has not passed Middle School Examination in Odia as a language subject, shall be allowed to pass the examination conducted by Board of Secondary Education, Odisha within two years of joining in the service failing which no further increment shall be sanctioned and no promotion to the rank of Group — A (Senior Branch) will be made.
- A candidate, have not more than one spouse living if married.
- Provided that the State Government may, if satisfied that such marriage is permissible under the personal law applicable to such person or there are other grounds for doing so, exempt any person from the operation of this rule.
- Government servants/In-service, whether temporary or permanent, are eligible to apply provided that they possess the requisite qualification and are within the prescribed age-limit as provided under Para – 3 & 4 of the Advertisement.
- If a candidate has at any time, been debarred for a certain period/chance(s) by the Odisha Public Service Commission or other State Public Service Commission or U.P.S.C. from appearing at any examination/interview, he/she will not be eligible for such recruitment for that specified period/chance(s).
- Only those candidates, who are within the prescribed age limit and fulfil the requisite qualification etc. by the closing date of submission of online application, will be considered eligible;
- A candidate who claims change in his/her name after having passed the H.S.C. Examination or equivalent Examination, is required to furnish copy of publication of the changed name in the local leading daily newspaper as well as copy of notification in the Odisha Gazette in support of his /her change of name.
- Every candidate selected for appointment shall be examined by the Medical Board. A candidate, who fails to satisfy the Medical Board, shall not be appointed;
- Every candidate selected for appointment to the Odisha Medical Service shall have to serve the initial period of minimum 03 (Three) years in KBK, KBK(+) area or Tribal sub-plan area or in such area taken together. Every such candidate after serving three years in above areas shall serve the next three years in rural areas.
- Provided that the candidates who do not join the place on their posting in Tribal/ Backward / Rural areas shall be permanently debarred from joining any Medical Service under the State Government.
- Every person appointed to the service shall be on probation of two years with effect from the date of joining the post.
- Provided that the Government may, exempt or reduce the period of probation of an Officer, if he or she has already worked against a vacancy of temporary nature for a period of two years or more or a portion thereof, if he/she is a direct recruit and one year or more or a portion thereof, if he/she is a recruit by promotion, by the time a substantive
vacancy occurs for his/her absorption:
- Provided further that such period of probation shall not include :
(b)period of unauthorized absence; or
(c)any other period held to be not being on actual duty.
- At present, only the online applications are invited from Candidates for admission to the
written examination. After completion of written examination, the candidates who will qualify in the written examination will be required to submit the printout/hard copy of online application form, along with the photocopies of the other documents as stated under the Para – 11 of this advertisement and original of the same on the date of verification of original certificates / documents, which will be declared later on in due course.
- A candidate found guilty of seeking support for his/her candidature by offering illegal gratification or applying pressure on any person connected with the conduct of the recruitment process or found indulging in any type of malpractice in course of the selection or otherwise, shall, in addition to rendering himself/herself liable to criminal prosecution, be disqualified not only for the recruitment for which he/she is a candidate, but also may be debarred, either permanently or for a specified period, from any recruitment or selection to be conducted by the Commission.
- Recommendations of the Royal Commission on superior services in India, 1924, referred to in short, as the Lee Commission, and now they find place in the Constitution of India in Articles 315 to 323. The Odisha Public Service Commission was constituted on 1st April, 1949 after it’s bifurcation from the former Bihar and Odisha Joint Public Service Commission. At the time of creation of the Odisha Public Service Commission the strength of the Commission was three including Chairman . The strength increased to five in the year 1979 and further increased to six in the year 1996.
- The Commission has acquired varied experiences and expertise in the matter of selection of personnel to various services of the Government of Odisha during its functioning for more than five decades. It has also gone a long way in achieving the purpose of drawing the best personnel for the public services of Odisha.
- Advice on the framing of recruitment rules and its amendments with regard to the recruitment and conditions of service of Group ‘B’ posts/services carrying scale of pay of Rs. 6500-200-10,500/- and above and Group ‘A’ posts/services.
- Advice on punishment proposed by the disciplinary authority in finalisation of departmental proceedindgs under the Odisha Civil Services (Classification, Control & Appeal) Rules, 1962 read with Rule 7 of the Odisha Civil Services (Pension) Rules, 1992.
- Advice on matters relating to promotion of officers and fixation of inter seniority etc., with regard to officers of Group ‘B’ carrying pay scale of Rs. 6500-200-10,500/- and above and all Group ‘A’ officers.
- Recruitment of candidates to different posts/services belonging to Group ‘B’ and above under the State Government.
- Through competitive examination and viva voce test as prescribed in the concerned recruitment rules; and
- Through viva voce test only.
click above to download
the employment notification
click above to apply
now online or download form