Last Date:26 Oct,2019
Employees State Insurance Corporation Hospital (ESIC)
ESIC Hospital Kolkata) is inviting applications from all eligible and interested candidates who willing to work on 22 contractual positions of Professor, Associate Professor and Assistant Professor for a given project.
Name of the post – Professor, Associate Professor and Assistant Professor
No of post – 22
Pay Scale – Rs.1,77,000/-,Rs.1,16,000/-Rs.1,01,000/-
Medical qualification, post graduate qualification e.g. MD/MS, D.M. in the respective discipline and M.ch. in the respective discipline with 4 yrs experience.
General Instruction:psu jobs
- Mere submission of application does not confer any right to the candidate to be interviewed.
- Application should be submitted in the prescribed format only. The applications found to be incomplete will be summarily rejected.
- Wrong declarations/ submission of false information or any other action contrary to law shall lead to cancellation of the candidature at any stage.
- Opportunity of interview given to candidates will be on provisional basis.
- The interviews shall be conducted at academic building DEAN OFFICE, ESIC MEDICAL COLLEGE, Joka, Diamond Harbour Road, Kolkata 700104. However, ESIC reserve the right to change the centre, if needed.
- Schedule of Interview will be communicated through mail or displayed in website.
- Candidates may contact OFFICE OF THE DEAN, ESIC PGIMSR & MEDICAL COLLEGE, JOKA, KOLKATA, at Phone No. 033-24381176/24381382 between 11.00 AM to 4.00PM on working days for any clarification. They may also send their queries, if any, on E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- A Demand Draft of Rs. 225/- in favour of ‘ESI Fund Account No. I’, drawn after 01.10.2019 on any scheduled bank payable at ‘Kolkata’ has to be submitted along with the Application Form at the time
- Fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances.
- Only Demand Draft drawn on any Scheduled Bank will be accepted. Application Fee paid by any other mode will not be accepted.
- The Demand Draft must be issued after the date of issue of this advertisement.
- Separate Demand Drafts to be paid if candidate applies for more than one post.
- The candidate should check his/her eligibility against the advertised criteria for each post before applying. Interested candidates should send filled in Application Form (Annexure-I) and enclosing necessary self-attested copies of certificates, as mentioned below, through email to email@example.com or at the Office of Dean through post /By hand within 26.10.2019 at 1:00 PM to become eligible for appearing in the Interview. The names of the eligible candidates and tentative date, time and venue of interview will be communicated in the respective email id of eligible candidate and also the same will be displayed in website: www.esic.nic.in as well as they will asked to appear in the Interview on the date mentioned in the Interview Call Letter sent by email.
- If any candidate wishes to appear for more than one post, he/she must send separate sets of filled in application forms for each post applied for.
- Only eligible candidate should appear for the interview with the following documents on the stipulated date, time and venue.
- Two sets of the prescribed application form enclosed with this notification must be printed on A4 size paper and properly filled up and submitted at the time of verification on the day of interview.
- Two copies of recent self-attested color passport size photograph.
- Two sets of self-attested copies of certificates and testimonials in support of: (i) proof of age / date of birth (Secondary Exam certificate/admit card), (ii) Category (SC & ST), Category OBC in updated Government of India Format, Sub-category, (iii) Educational Qualifications: (Graduate, Post Graduate certificate, & any other),(iv)Registration certificate issued by State Medical Council/MCI (v) MCI recognized teaching experience issued by the Head of the Institute or Head of the Department, (vi) Research Publications in Indexed Journals, (vii) Pension Payment Order (PPO), in case of retired employees from Govt. organizations (viii) Noc from Employer incase candidate is presently employed along with original documents.
- If any candidate wishes to appear for more than one post, he/she must appear with separate sets of application forms, documents and testimonials, photographs, and separate demand draft fees for each post applied for.
- Employees’ State Insurance (abbreviated as ESI) is a self-financing social security and health insurance scheme for Indian workers. The fund is managed by the Employees’ State Insurance Corporation (ESIC) according to rules and regulations stipulated in the ESI Act 1948. ESIC is a Statutory Body and Administrative Ministry is Ministry of Labour and Employment, Government of India.
- In March 1943, Prof. B.N.Adarkar was appointed by the Government of India to create a report on the health insurance scheme for industrial workers.The report became the basis for the Employment State Insurance (ESI) Act of 1948. The promulgation of Employees’ State Insurance Act, 1948 envisaged an integrated need based social insurance scheme that would protect the interest of workers in contingencies such as sickness, maternity, temporary or permanent physical disablement, death due to employment injury resulting in loss of wages or earning capacity. The Act also guarantees reasonably good medical care to workers and their immediate dependents. Following the promulgation of the ESI Act the Central Govt. set up the ESI Corporation to administer the Scheme. The Scheme thereafter was first implemented at Kanpur and Delhi on 24 February 1952. The Act further absolved the employers of their obligations under the Maternity Benefit Act, 1961 and Workmen’s Compensation Act 1923. The benefits provided to the employees under the Act are also in conformity with ILO conventions.
- The act was initially intended for factory workers but later became applicable to all establishments having 10 or more workers. As on 31 March 2016, the total beneficiaries are 82.8 million.
- Employees’ State Insurance Corporation (ESIC), established by ESI Act, is an autonomous corporation under Ministry of Labour and Employment, Government of India. As it is a legal entity, the corporation can raise loans and take measures for discharging such loans with the prior sanction of the central government and it can acquire both movable and immovable property and all incomes from the property shall vest with the corporation.The corporation can set up hospitals either independently or in collaboration with state government or other private entities, but most of the dispensaries and hospitals are run by concerned state governments.
click above to download
the employment notification