Last Date:04 Apr,2019
National Institute of Epidemiology Chennai (NIE)
NIE announced recruitment for 8 posts of Scientist, Research Assistant and various by walk-in-interview. The positions are purely temporary and co-terminus with the duration of the projects.Attend this Walk-in-interview along with their application in the prescribed application form, recent colour passport size photograph and photocopies of credentials on 03-04-2019 and 04-04-2019 (09 AM).
Name of the post – Scientist, Research Assistant & various
No of post – 08
Pay Scale – Rs 48000 – 61000,Rs 31000,Rs 18000
12th Pass/Graduate /MBBS degree and one yrs experience OR MD in Microbiology / PSM / Community Medicine OR 1st Class Master degree in Life Sciences and 2 yrs experience OR 2nd Class Master degree with Ph.D. in Life Sciences OR BDS/B.V.Sc degree and one yrs experience
General Instruction:latest karnataka govt jobs
- Bring the filled in application with one set of photocopy of qualification and experience and other testimonials.
- Candidate should submit all certificates / testimonials in original for verification. Candidates who fail to bring the Original Certificates for written test / Interview will not be considered.
- Age relaxation is admissible in respect of SC/ST/OBC candidates, Retrenched Government Employees, Departmental Candidates (including projects) and ExServicemen in accordance with the instructions issued by the Central Government from time to time. Age concession to the extent of service rendered in other research projects will also be admissible for experienced and skilled persons.
- Qualitative requirement may be relaxed to deserving candidates by the competent authority
- Experience certificate should clearly state the nature of work during the period of employment.
- Community/ Caste certificate: Candidates applying under OBC category shall submit attested copy of OBC Non – Creamy Layer Certificate in specified format,issued within one year from the closing date of application by the appropriate authority. Only Non Creamy Layer OBC certificates will be accepted and other certificates will not be accepted.
- No- Objection Certificate from the current employer (for Govt./AB/PSU Servants only).
- All posts are Contractual for the duration offered. The appointment may be renewed after every specific period of time subject to satisfactory performance and project requirement.
- The incumbents selected will have no claim for regular appointments under NIE/ICMR or continuation of his/her services in any other project.
- TA/DA will not be paid by NIE for attending the written test/ interview.
- The Director, ICMR-NIE reserves the right to increase or decrease the number of posts or cancel the recruitment or re-advertise the posts, without assigning any reasons thereof, no further correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
- Any further information may be downloaded from ICMR-NIE website which will be updated from time to time.
- Date of Walk-in Interview may be changed due to administrative reasons, hence, candidates are advised to check website before appearing Walk-in Interview.
- Canvassing and bringing pressure in any form for short listing, interview and employment will be a disqualification and barred from selection process.
- The National Institute of Epidemiology (NIE) was established on July 2, 1999 by merging the Central JALMA Institute for Leprosy (CJIL Field Unit), Avadi with the Institute for Research in Medical Statistics (IRMS), Chennai. The broad objectives of the Institute cover Development of human resources in epidemiology and bio-statistics, Networking of the various ICMR and non-ICMR Institutes at the national level for epidemiological purposes, and Consultancy.
- The Institute has the distinction of being the WHO Collaborating Centre for Leprosy Research and Epidemiology and identified as a Technical Resource Group for Epidemiology of HIV by National AIDS Control Organization.
The Institute carries out a variety of research activities which include areas such as interventional studies, disease modeling, health systems research, evaluation of health schemes and disease control programmes, issues of statistical methodology, epidemiological investigations and clinical trials of traditional remedies.
- The Institute is recognized by the Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology (Deemed University), Thiruvananthapuram for the 2-year Field Epidemiology Training Programme (FETP-INDIA) leading to Master of Applied Epidemiology (MAE) degree. The Institute has been conducting training programmes annually in bio-statistics, controlled clinical trials and basic epidemiology for medical doctors, PG medical students and para-medical workers. It also conducts WHO-SEARO 10 day regional workshops on Surveillance, Epidemic preparedness and Response periodically.
- The Institute is recognized by the University of Madras for research leading to Ph. D degree in the areas of epidemiology and bio-statistics.
- The Institute has expertise in the areas of bio-statistics, epidemiology, epidemiology of communicable diseases namely leprosy, tuberculosis and other diseases, controlled clinical trials, maternal and child health, health surveys, data processing etc. The Institute has a good library, a well equipped computing facility and a field practice area covering well characterized 5,00,000 population.
- To be a catalyst for a vibrant national health system through responsive research, education and training in epidemiology and public health
- To effectively contribute in enhancing the quality of life of Indian citizens and influencing public health practice and policies through research, education and training.
click above to download
the employment notification