Last Date:01 Dec,2019
Eastern Railway (Eastern Railway) is inviting eligible candidates to apply online for 21 posts of Group C, to be filled through Sports Quota.Interested and Eligible Candidates may apply online by 01-12-2019 , after making sure that they meet the concerned eligibility criteria. All personal and educational details must be mentioned properly.
Name of the post – Group ‘C’ Level-2,4,5
No of post – 21
Pay Scale – As per norms
Graduation and related National/ Inter National sports competition certificate / ITI and related National/ Inter National sports competition certificateEastern Railway
General Instruction:latest karnataka govt jobs
- The decision of the Administration in all matters relating to eligibility, acceptance or rejection of applications etc. will be final and no enquiry or correspondence will be entertained in this connection. The Administration does not undertake any responsibility for sending any reply to the candidates for not being selected or not called for in Trial/Document Verification.
- Canvassing in any form will disqualify the candidature.
- As per the extant rules a IInd Class journey Pass from Home Station to the place of Examination and back will be issued to SC/ST candidates for appearing in written test as well as Trial/ Document Verification.
- Kindly ensure to bring original documents for Date of Birth, Educational Qualification, Sports Achievements, Caste Certificates etc. on the date of trial etc., without which the candidate will not
be allowed to appear in trial etc.
- No TA/DA/Accommodation will be given for appearing in the selection trial etc.
- The candidates will have to bring their own kit and also 2 recent passport size photographs (same as affixed on the application).
- The candidates may be required to stay during the selection trials for 2-3 days for which they have to make their own arrangements.
- The Railway administration reserves the right to fix any date and venue for trials etc, change in venue or postponement of trials etc. for its own convenience, which can also be cancelled due to
unforeseen causes against which no request/claim will be entertained.
- Candidates who would be called for trial should prepare themselves to attend the same within short notice. Non-fulfillment of any of the criteria mentioned in this advertisement will make the application liable for rejection.
- All or any of the terms/conditions in the notification can be modified/cancelled.
- Railway administration doesn’t undertake any responsibility for sending reply to candidates not selected or not called for.
- Mere calling/appearing for trial etc. does not confer any right or claim for appointment.
- Name of the successful candidates declared to be so by the competent authority will be published separately, whose candidature shall be provisional till completion of departmental verification of
qualifications, certificates etc. and found genuine along with the completion of other formalities as per extant rules.
- FURTHER DETAILS LIKE LIST OF CANDIDATES FOUND ELIGIBLE FOR ATTENDING TRIALS, DATES AND VENUES OF TRIALS AND OTHER NECESSARY INFORMATION RELATED TO THIS RECRUITMENT WILL BE AVAILABLE ON THE WEBSITE.
- Verification of all testimonials and certificates will also be mandatory condition for appointment.
- Place of Posting will be decided by the Appropriate Authority.
- For Refund of Examination Fee candidate must produce the Caste Certificate, Death Certificate of husband, Affidavit that she has not remarried since, copy of Decree from the Competent Court of
Law, Discharge Certificate, No Objection Certificate and Bonafide Certificate from the employer along with the application form, where applicable.
- Candidature of the candidate is provisional at all stages of selection subject to fulfillment of all eligibility condition and RRC reserves the right to cancel the candidature at any stage if found not
eligible under the Rules/Instructions issued by the Railway Board from time to time.
- Railway administration will not be held responsible for failure of candidates to check notices on RRC/ER’s website.
How To Apply:
- Candidates should ensure that their Name/Spelling, Father’s Name/Spelling, Community details, Educational Qualification and Date of Birth match with the entries recorded in Matriculation or
- Eligible candidates are required to go to the link provided for filling ONLINE application through website of RRC/ER (www.rrcer.com) & website of Eastern Railway (www.er.indianrailways.gov.in)
and fill up the personal details/BIO-DATA carefully.
- Candidates are advised to indicate their personal mobile no. and personal valid e-mail IDs in the ONLINE application and keep them active during the entire recruitment process for communicating with them.
- The Eastern Railway is among the 18 zones of the Indian Railways. Its headquarters is at Fairley Place, Kolkata and comprises four divisions: Howrah, Malda, Sealdah, and Asansol. Each division is headed by a Divisional Railway Manager (DRM). The name of the division denotes the name of the city where the divisional headquarters is located. Eastern Railway Consists Most no. of A1 and A Category Stations like Howrah, Sealdah, Bhagalpur, Asansol, Durgapur etc. Eastern Railways operates one of the oldest trains of India, Kalka Mail. 3 Popular Zones ECR, SER (again from SER-ECOR and SECR carved out in 2003) NFR were part of ER before.
- It has three major workshops: Jamalpur, Liluah, and Kanchrapara. The Jamalpur Workshop is for wagon repair, periodic overhaul (POH) of diesel locomotives, manufacturing of cranes and tower-wagons; the Liluah workshop is for POH of coaching & freight vehicles and the Kanchrapara Workshop is for POH of electric locomotives, EMU Locals and coaches.
- The East Indian Railway (EIR) Company was incorporated in 1845 to connect East India with Delhi. The first train ran here between Howrah and Hooghly on 15 August 1854. The train left Howrah Station at 8:30 a.m. and reached Hooghly in 91 minutes. The management of the East Indian Railway was taken over by the British Indian government on 1 January 1925.
- The Eastern Railway was formed on 14 April 1952 by amalgamating three lower divisions of the East Indian Railway: Howrah, Asansol and Danapur, the entire Bengal Nagpur Railway (BNR) and the Sealdah division of the erstwhile Bengal Assam Railway(which was already added to the East Indian Railway on 15 August 1947). On 1 August 1955, the portions of BNR stretching from Howrah to Visakhapatnam in the South which is now the Headquarters of South Coast Railway zone , Howrah to Nagpur in the Central area and up to Katni in the North Central Region were separated from Eastern Railway and became the South Eastern Railway. Three more divisions: Dhanbad, Mughalsarai and Malda were formed later.Till 30 September 2002 ER consisted seven divisions.
click above to download
the employment notification