Last Date:05 Nov,2019
Kerala Agricultural University (KAU)
KAU is inviting eligible candidates to apply for 12 contractual posts of Research Associate and Senior Research Fellow.Interested Eligible Candidates may send their applications as per prescribed format to concerned E-mail address by 05-11-2019 10 AM. All the relevant documents must be sent alongwith application form, as proof of suitability for the posts. Email subject must be formed properly, containing name of post applied for.
Name of the post – Research Associate and Senior Research Fellow
No of post – 12
Pay Scale – Rs 54000,Rs 35000
General Conditions:delhi sarkari naukri
- The appointment is purely temporary and will be filled on contractual basis; is coterminus with the project and liable for termination at any time in case of unsatisfactory performance.
- There is no provision of absorption/re-employment in ICAR/KAU/CAAST after termination of the time bound project and the candidate will have no claim in ICAR/KAU/CAAST other than to receive the consolidated remuneration attached to the post. The appointment will not confer on him/her any right of permanency or regularisation in ICAR/KAU/CAAST.
- The contractual services of Research Associate (RA), Senior Research Fellow (SRF),Project Assistant, Skill personnel and Unskilled personnel posts are on full time basis.
- No TA/DA is admissible for appearing in the interview and no separate letter for interview will be issued.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to cancellation of candidature.
- The nature of job is contractual from the date of joining till March 2022 or conclusion of the project whichever is earlier, subject to satisfactory performance.
- The job responsibility is to provide support in research and other activities of the project and any duty assigned by the PI/Co-PIs/Nodal officers of the project.
- Maximum age should not be above 40 years as on 01.11.2019. Age relaxation as per existing Government rules will be granted to eligible candidates.
- An agreement in the prescribed form will be executed by the candidate in Stamp paper worth Rs. 200/-, if selected for appointment.
- The candidate, if selected will discharge all such duties that are attached to the post as per the project guidelines & Rules and that may be assigned to him/her from time to time by the Principal Investigator (PI) of the CAAST project / Co PIs in different centres.
- The decision of the principal Investigator of the CAAST Project at KAU, Thrissur, Kerala would be final and binding on all aspects.
- Selected candidates can be discontinued owing to administrative reasons at any time by issue of one month notice.
- The PI of the CAAST project has the right to terminate the service of temporary appointment if the performance is found unsatisfactory or any such defects noticed.
- The detailed information about the advertisement is available on KAU website: www.kau.in. Candidates are advisedto remain in touch with the updates made for this advertisement on university website.
- Kerala Agricultural University (KAU) is the primary and the principal instrumentality of the Kerala state in providing human resources, and skills and technology, required for the sustainable development of its agriculture, defined broadly encompassing all production activities based on land and water, including crop production (agriculture) and forestry through conducting, interfacing and integrating education, research and extension in these spheres of economic endeavour. It is situated in Vellanikkara, Thrissur, Kerala. Deemed to have come into existence on February 24th 1971 by the Act 33 of 1971 of the Kerala State Legislature, entitled ‘The Agricultural University Act, 1971’, the Kerala Agricultural University (KAU) became operational since February 1st 1972 when the then existing two educational and 21 research institutions administered by the Departments of Agriculture and Animal Husbandry of the Government of Kerala, were brought under one umbrella for facilitating the sustainable and accelerated development of agriculture in the State.
- Excellence in Agricultural Education, Research and Extension for Sustainable Agricultural Development and Livelihood security of farming community.
- Kerala Agricultural University is well poised to meet the challenges ahead that transforms agriculture sector into the engine of growth of Kerala’s economy by providing the human resources, and skills and technology for the sustainable development of state’s agriculture, all economic activities put to the production of biomass based land and water including crop production (agriculture) and forestry .
- Realisation of this objective renders imperative; on the one hand, the fostering the natural strengths and advantages emanating from resource endowments such as abundant rainfall, and sun shine and tropical year round biomass production capability as well as the literate and well informed human population; and on the other hand sharpening the competitive edge of Kerala’s agriculture through a package of appropriate strategies, public policies, programmes technology services and investment support.
- In the specific context of Kerala’s highly heterogeneous resource base and societal values, for ensuring livelihood security of the dependent population a paradigm shift in optimisation of the biophysical resource base for agriculture development is called for from the maximisation of production of specific commodities in contrast, to the maximisation of income and employment on a sustainable basis.
- The Kerala Agricultural University would strive to fulfill its commitment by reorienting and restructuring its programmes. In education at the graduate level, professionalism would be strengthened with entrepreneurship; and at the post graduate level, training would be imparted in emerging areas integrating relevant disciplines such as biotechnology, natural resource management, environment, IPR and biodiversity, WTO and global trade to mention a few.
- Research would be reoriented on pursuing a system approach to technology generation systems rather than specific commodities and focused on integrated agro-silvi-pastoral-aqua production systems and resource based livestock production; emphasis would be on product conversion and value addition rather than ending production alone.
- Extension and technology transfer would focus on group approach and area approach, and technology for production systems rather than commodities; training for entreprenuership rather than adding skills; and support services to be rendered by the single window.
click above to download
the employment notification