Last Date:29 Feb,2020
Indian Institute of Management (IIM)
Indian Institute of Management Shillong (IIM Shillong) is inviting eligible candidates to apply online for 20 posts of Professor, Associate Professor and Assistant Professor.Interested and Eligible Candidates may apply online by 29-02-2020 , after making sure that they meet the concerned eligibility criteria. All personal and educational details must be mentioned properly.
Name of the post – Professor
No of post – 20
Pay Scale – Rs 159100,Rs 139600,Rs 101500
Ph.D. in the appropriate branch and min 10 yrs experience.
General Instruction:bank jobs
- This Rolling Advertisement is only for filling up Backlog vacancies of SC/ST/OBC/PWD as per the indicative no. of vacancies given above.
- Candidates applying under SC, ST, OBC category are required to attach a scanned copy of the relevant certificate in support of their claim for the category i.e SC, ST or OBC.
- Candidates applying under PWD category are required to attach a scanned copy of the Disabilities Certificate issued by the Competent Authority in the format prescribed by the Government of India for this purpose.
- Incomplete applications in any respect will not be entertained and will be rejected.
- Mere fulfilment of the eligibility conditions is not a claim for interview call.
- Candidates will be called for Interview as per recommendations of the Screening Committee constituted for the purpose.
- The Institute reserves the right to reject any/all applications without assigning any reason.
- No interim correspondence will be entertained from candidates regarding conduct and result of Interview and reasons for not being called for Interview or Selection.
- All qualifications must be from UGC recognized University/ Deemed University or AICTE approved autonomous institution (wherever applicable). Courses offered by Autonomous Institutions should be equivalent to the relevant course approved/ recognized by Association of Indian University (AIU).
- The Screening Committee/Selection Committee may consider relaxation in qualification and experience/higher start in the case of exceptionally bright candidates.
- Candidates called for interview to fill a vacancy, may be considered for lower post if they are otherwise found suitable.
- There would be a mandatory probation period of 2 years for all regular appointees.
- Candidates may also be offered Contractual positions of 1 or 2 years depending on the academic credentials and recommendation of the Selection Committee.
- Pay and Allowance are admissible as per Government of India rules and as per rules of the Institute.
- Candidates, who are already in service are also required to apply as per the form. A print out of the application should be forwarded through Proper Channel to the Director, IIM Shillong, Mayurbhanj Complex, Nongthymmai, Shillong – 793014, Meghalaya or produce a No Objection Certificate (NOC) from their current employer, at the time of interview.
- Candidates are advised to visit the website www.iimshillong.ac.in regularly for updates, notifications etc.
- The First round of this Rolling Advertisement will close on 29 February 2020.
- Candidates applying after the closing date may be considered for the next round.
- Only eligible candidates who fulfil the minimum eligibility criteria may apply on the prescribed form downloaded from the Institute website www.iimshillong.ac.in. The duly filled in PDF form should be e-mailed to email@example.com.
- Submission of Application Form as attachment through email at firstname.lastname@example.org is mandatory.
- Indian Institute of Management Shillong (IIM Shillong or IIM-S), formerly Rajiv Gandhi Indian Institute of Management Shillong (RGIIM), is a public, fully autonomous management institute in the city of Shillong, Meghalaya. It was the seventh Indian Institute of Management to be established in India.
- Established in 2007, with a vision of expansion and mobilization of facilities for offering quality management education and research in Northeast India, IIM Shillong differentiates itself by promoting sustainability, also hosting an international conference on sustainability, annually.
- IIM Shillong offers postgraduate, doctoral, and executive programmes in management education, and Management Development Programmes (MDPs) spanning different streams of management. Admissions to the institute are based on scores obtained in the Common Admission Test (CAT). In addition, the institute has a Centre for Development of North Eastern Region (CEDNER), constituted to offer programmes relevant to the local community and society of the state and the region.
- The proposal to start an Indian Institute of Management in the Northeast was unanimously taken in June 2004 by the Union Minister of Human Resource Development along with the Chief Ministers of the North Eastern states in the review meeting held at Shillong.Shillong was drafted as the permanent location for the institute after consultation between the Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region (MDONER) and the Chief Ministers of the states.
- The foundation stone for the institute was laid by Shri. Arjun Singh, Union Minister of Human Resource Development, on December 1, 2007. The admittance of the first batch of students for the Post-Graduate Programme was formally inaugurated by Dr Donkupar Roy, Chief Minister of Meghalaya, on July 4, 2008.
- The institute was set up at the Mayurbhanj Palace, the summer retreat of the Mayurbhanj Kings of Odisha. The Palace was renovated by the Meghalaya government with the construction of a permanent campus in development at Umsawli.
- The first Chairman of the Board of Governors was Shri. Rathindra Nath Dutta, and the first Director, Prof Ashoke K. Dutta.
click above to download
the employment notification