Last Date:10 October,2019
Punjab and Sind Bank (PSB)
PSB aka Punjab and Sind Bank invites Sarkari Job application for the post of 168 Specialist Officer. Apply Online before 10 October 2019. PSB Recruitment Qualification/eligibility conditions, how to apply & other rules are given below… Official Website is www.psbindia.com
Name of the post – Specialist Officer
No of post – 168
Pay Scale – 23700 – 42020/-, 31705 – 45950/-
Graduate, B.E./B.Tech, Post-Graduation, CA.
General Instruction:faculty opening
- Bank reserves its right to change I add / cancel the selection process & re-schedule at its discretion, under unforeseen circumstances, if any. Change, if any, will be announced on our Bank’s website or by email. Bank reserves the right to cancel the entire process without giving any reason/notice/intimation /refund of application fee and Intimation charges and such decision of the Bank will not be notified or intimated to the candidates individually.
- The Bank takes no responsibility for any delay in receipt or non-receipt of any application or communication. Hence, candidates are requested to check their email and Bank’s website regularly, to keep track of the process. The Bank is not responsible for any postal delay or technical reasons.
- Before applying for the post, the candidate should ensure that he /she fulfils the eligibility criteria and other norms specified in this advertisement. It is for the candidate to ensure that he / she has met with the eligibility criteria and complied with the requirements and adhered to the instructions contained in this advertisement as well as the application form. Candidates are therefore urged to carefully read the advertisement and complete the application form and submit the same as per instructions given in this regard. Their candidature at all the stages of recruitment process will be purely provisional subject to satisfying prescribed eligibility criteria mentioned in this advertisement.
- Decision of Bank in all matters regarding eligibility of the candidate, the stages at which such scrutiny of eligibility is to be undertaken, the documents to be produced for the purpose of the conduct of Interview, selection and any other matter relating to recruitment will be final and binding on the candidate. The Bank in this regard shall entertain no correspondence or personal enquiries.
- In case it is detected at any stage of recruitment that a candidate does not fulfill the eligibility norms and/or that he/she has furnished any incorrect/false information or has suppressed any material fact(s), his/her candidature will stand cancelled. If any of these shortcomings is/are detected even after appointment, his/her services are liable to be terminated.
- Candidates will have to produce original of all Educational Qualification Certificates and Mark Sheets, Experience Certificate(s) etc, at the time of interview, failing which his/her candidature may be cancelled. Candidates will not be allowed to participate in Interview without production of the original documents.
- Candidates belonging to OBC category but coming under creamy layer and/ or if their caste does not find place in the Central List are not entitled to OBC reservation. They should indicate their category as General in the online application form.
- Date of birth as per Secondary School Certificate (SSC)/School leaving certificate and age as on 31.07.2019.
- An application form printout which is not self-attested or not accompanied by self-attested photocopies of relevant certificates or the requisite fee not being paid or accompanying documents not self-attested by the candidate or not bearing the candidate’s colored photograph pasted firmly/ displayed at the specified place or incomplete in any respect, will not be entertained.
- One recent, recognizable colored Passport size photograph should be firmly pasted/ uploaded on the application at the appropriate place and should be signed across by the candidate after pasting/ on printing. Five copies of the same photograph should be brought by the candidate for use at the time of interview.
- Only candidates willing to serve anywhere in India should apply.
- No request for change of address/ email id/ phone number will be entertained.
- Any resultant dispute arising out of this advertisement shall be subject to the sole jurisdiction of the Courts situated at Delhi.
- The Bank takes no responsibility for any certificate/remittance sent separately.
- In case any dispute arises on account of interpretation in version other than English, the English version will prevail.
- Only those candidates who are short-listed for appearing for the further process will be intimated through e-mail only. The list of candidates who will be finally shortlisted for appointment in the Bank will also be intimated at the communication address furnished by them in the Application Form and the said list will be hosted on the Bank’s Website, www.psbindia.com.
- Appointment of shortlisted candidates will be subject to his/her being declared medically fit as per the requirement of the Bank. Such appointment will also be subject to the Service Regulations & Conduct Rules of the Bank.
- Selected candidates will be required to produce a valid discharge certificate/ relieving letter from their present employer before joining the service. Candidates serving in Government/ Public Sector Undertakings including Banks are required to produce a “No Objection Certificate” from their employer at the time of interview, failing which their candidature shall not be considered.
- Punjab & Sind Bank is a government-owned bank (79.62%), with headquarters in New Delhi. Of its 1559 branches spread throughout India, 623 branches are in Punjab state. Net NPA is 6.93% for the year ending 2017-18. The bank’s operating profit for the year ending 2017-18 is Rs. 1144.71 crores. Total business of the bank was Rs. 1,71,464.95 crores for the year ending 2017-18. The net worth of the bank as on 31.03.18 is Rs. 4733.96 crore.
- On 24 June 1908, Bhai Vir Singh, Sir Sunder Singh Majitha, and Sardar Tarlochan Singh established Punjab & Sind Bank.
- On 15 April 1980 Punjab & Sind Bank was among six banks that the Government of India nationalised in the second wave of nationalisations. (The first wave had been in 1969 when the government nationalised the top 14 banks.)
- In the 1960s Punjab & Sind Bank established a branch in London. In 1991 Bank of Baroda acquired Punjab & Sind Bank’s London branch at the behest of the Reserve Bank of India following Punjab & Sind’s involvement in the Sethia fraud in 1987.
- Since 2004 Punjab & Sind has shown growth of over 40% year on year, and its recent IPO was oversubscribed by more than 50 times. Recently the bank crossed a mark of Rs 1 lac crore in business.
- Sutlej Gramin Bank was a Regional Rural Bank sponsored by Punjab & Sind Bank.
- On 16 July 2019, Punjab & Sind Bank disclosed that it detected a fraud, worth ₹238 crore (US$34 million) by the Bhushan Power & Steel Limited.
click above to download
the employment notification
click above to apply
now online or download form