Last Date:09 September,2019
Kolkata Municipal Corporation (KMC)
Kolkata (West Bengal)
KMC aka Kolkata Municipal Corporation invites Sarkari Job applications for the post of 165 Staff Nurse. Apply before 09 September 2019. KMC Recruitment Qualification/ eligibility conditions, how to apply & other rules are given below… Official Website is www.kmcgov.in
Name of the post – Staff Nurse
No of post – 165
Pay Scale – 17220/- (Per Month)
GNM training course from an Institute recognized form Indian Nursing Council/WB Nursing Council OR B.Sc (Nursing).
General Information:police recruitment
- Kolkata City NUHM Society will engage Staff Nurse under National Urban Health Mission (NUHM), purely on contractual and to be posted at Urban Primary Health Centres (UPHC) of different Boroughs under KMC.
- Application forms not properly filled in or incomplete Application forms are liable to be cancelled.
- The Essential Qualifications mentioned are the minimum and mere possession of the same dose not entitles the candidate to claim selection. All the essential qualifications must be completed on the date of submission of application.
- The originals of each of the following documents as mentioned below and their photocopies ( self attested ) must be brought at the time of Interview:
1-Photo proof Identity card (Passport /Voter ID / Aadhaar)
2-Proof of Address (Passport /Voter ID / Aadhaar)
3-Age Proof of Certificate (Madhyamik or equivalent examination certificate)
4-All mark sheets (including internship wherever applicable) & pass certificates of GNM / B.SC Nursing. Madhyamik, H.S and Graduation Marksheets other than nursing are not required.
- No rounding off of marks will be granted. Proportionate marking upto 2 decimal points will be considered
- The decision of the competent authority regarding the engagement will be final.
- The Kolkata City NUHM Society reserves the right to change/modify any/all of the above conditions.
- On the basis of marks obtained on basic qualification a panel will be prepared for engagement as per rule.
- The eligible candidates are requested to submit their application at the Room No.147, 1st floor ,5,S.N Banerjee Road , Kolkata Municipal Corporation (HQ), Kolkata — 700013 in the prescribed format. They are also requested to carry a photocopy of the filled in application format.
- The date and time of submission of application: (excluding holidays): From 02-09-2019 ¬09-09-2019. Time -11:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. (Monday to Friday), Saturday: 11:00 am -2:00 p.m.
- The candidates are requested to visit the official website: www.kmcgov.in for the application format and other necessary guidelines.
- Kolkata finds mention in the Ain-E-Akbari, an encyclopaedic work compiled by Abdul Fazl, Prime Minister of Akbar. It was a Khas Mahal or imperial jagir. The zamindari rights of Kolkata and the adjoining lands from Barisha to Halisahar were conferred upon the Savarna Ray Chowdhuri family of Barisha by Emperor Janhangir.
- Sutanati, Kolkatta and Gobindapur, covering roughly the area along the banks of the Hooghly from Baghbazar to Barabazar, thence to Esplanade and from there up to Hastings, were three insignificant villages, when the East India Company raised their banner, On his return journey from Madras following rapprochement with the Mogul Fouzdar, Job Charnock landed at Sutanati on 24th August, 1690, at a place now known as Hatkhola. The Savarna Ray Chowdhuri family was persuaded by Prince Azim-us-Shan, grandson of Aurangzeb to transfer the zamindari rights of the three villages of Sutanati, Kolkatta and Gobindapur to the East India Company for Rs. 1300/- on November 8, 1698. Work on the first Fort William was begun in 1697 and completed in phases.
- Though Siraj-ud-Dowla ransacked the English Settlement in 1756, Kolkata was retaken by Robert Clive in 1757. The battle of Plassey followed by the grant of Dewani to the Company in 1768 enabled the English to establish suzerainty over the province of Bengal. Kolkata was made a separate presidency as early as 1707, the administration being entrusted to a council of four members headed by the President. There was, however, a zamindar (Collector of Kolkata) who was directly responsible for collection of taxes and settlement of disputes. Steady growth of the city resulted in the acquisition of 38 neighbouring villages by the Company in 1717.
- By a royal charter, the first Corporation was set up on 4th September, 1726, consisting of a Mayor and 9 Aldermen. Somehow, they were mainly concerned with discharging judicial functions as Mayor’s Court. The administration continued to be in the hands of the Zamindar, assisted by a deputy known as black zamindar.
- Another royal charter in 1763 redefined the powers and responsibilities of the civic body, marginally to cope with additional demands made on it. Expansion of the lighting and conservancy services, laying of roads and drains and excavation of tanks for supply of drinking water were the direct outcome of the growth the city. Clearance of the Maidan, construction of Fort William in the present site and the spread of European quarters at Chowringhee were the significant developments between 1757 and 1800.
- The management of the town was placed in the hands of Justice of Peace under Charter of 1793. From 1794 to 1876, the Chairman of the Justices discharged the duties of the Police Commissioner as well as the Chief Executive of the Municipality, Assessment department, executive department and judicial department constituted the broad functional area. However, lack of resources combined with absence of adequate statutory powers made their tasks far from happy. At the intervention of Lord Wellesley a Town Improvement Committee was formed in 1804 with thirty members.
- Since 1793, it had been the practice to raise money for town development by means of lotteries. As long as the Town Improvement Committee existed, parts of these funds were channelised for their activities. In 1817 the Lottery Committee was formed. To them we owe the Town Hall, the Beliaghata Canal and a large number of roads.
- An Act was passed in 1840 to involve the rate payers in the assessment of taxes. However, the move was almost still-born. So, a fresh enactment came in 1847 providing for a Board of seven members, four of whom were to be elected. In 1852 their number was reduced to four by an Act : two being appointed by the Government and the other two elected. In 1856, their number was further reduced to three, all of whom were appointed by the Lieutenant Governor.
click above to download
the employment notification