Last Date:14 Oct,2019
Adv No:IACS/ADVT/P/03 Date: 20.08.2019
Indian Association for the Cultivation of Science (IACS)
Appication forms are invited from suitable candidates who intending to get job as 29 positions of Upper Division Clerk, Technical Assistant and Various in Indian Association for the Cultivation of Science (IACS).Candidates are required to submit duly signed and filled forms complete in all respects to the given address along with all relevant documents on or before 14-10-2019 .
Name of the post – Upper Division Clerk, Technical Assistant and Various
No of post – 29
Pay Scale – Level 12,75
Master’s Degree/BE/Graduate (with MBA), / HS with diploma.
General Instruction:govt jobs
- The post carries allowances, retirement and other benefits as per New Pension Scheme as are admissible to the IACS Employees.
- Candidates who have not acquired the educational qualification (declaration of results) on the closing date of receipt of application shall not apply.
- Any subsequent amendments/modifications etc on this matter will be notified in the institute website only which may be referred to by the interested candidates continuously.
- Candidature of the application shall be subject to verification of testimonials at any subsequent stage.
- Candidates may ensure that they fill in the correct information; Candidates who furnish false information are liable to be disqualified at any state of recruitment.
- The institute at its discretion may assess the candidates through multiple level screening involving reading/writing/speaking/technical skills and other necessary aptitude, as decided by the Administration.
- Shortlisted candidates will finally be called for interview for the Group-A positions. Only such shortlisted candidates be informed individually via-e-mail and correspondence address provided by them in their applications. The mode of selection/screening for the different posts as decided by the Institute will be notified individually and/or through website from time to time.
- No TA/DA shall be paid to the candidates for attending the interview.
- Applications in respect of regular employees in Government Departments/Autonomous Bodies/PSUs should be forwarded through proper channel and NOC to be brought at the time of interview. However, those who are forwarding their application through proper channel are advised to submit an advance copy of application form well before the last date.
- In case the last date fixed for receipt of applications is declared a holiday, next working day shall be deemed to be the last date for receiving the applications.
- Application form (a) received after the last date or (b) incomplete in any respect or (c) any fresh enclosures received after the last date shall not be considered.
- The candidates should send their applications in an envelope superscripted clearly “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF (Name of the post one intends to apply for)”. Candidates who wish to apply for more than one post must submit separate application forms against paying separate application fees, failing which the candidature will not be considered for any of the posts applied for.
- Selection Committee may cancel an application at any time, in case qualification and experience criteria are not met.
- The institute at its discretion may conduct multiple level screening including written test, skill/trade test etc. and/or interview for selection of candidates for appointment to the above posts on the basis of merit. The decision of the IACS authority shall be final in this regard.
- The scheme of examinations/selection tests will be notified in the IACS official website in due course.
How To Apply:
- Filled in applications along with a passport size photograph affixing on it, supporting documents in support of educational qualification, age and experience duly attested, will be received by the Receipt and Dispatch Section on any working day up to 14.10.2019.
- Candidates applying for multiple posts will have to submit separate applications and examination fee for each category of post.
- Any Tax/Bank Transaction Charges will be borne by the candidate.
- Examination fees will have to be sent together with the application by a demand draft drawn on State Bank of India, in favour of “INDIAN ASSOCIATION FOR THE CULTIVATION OF SCIENCE” payable at Kolkata. The Demand draft number should be mentioned in the application form.
- Applications received without the prescribed fee shall not be considered and shall be summarily rejected. No representation against such rejection will be entertained. Fee once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances nor will it be adjusted against any other examination or selection.
- he Indian Association for the Cultivation of Science (IACS) is a society registered under Act XXI of 1860 and the corresponding State Act viz. the West Bengal State Registration Act 1961, with its headquarters at 2A & 2B, Raja S. C. Mallick Road, Calcutta – 700 032, West Bengal, India. It has a Governing Council with a number of members elected or nominated and the Registrar as its Non-Member Secretary. The Council has the functions, duties and power as envisaged in the Memorandum and Bye Laws and as per the provisions of the relevant Act.
- The Institute is run by the Governing Council, which is the apex policy making body. The Director is the chief executive officer of the Institute and runs the business of the Association under the supervision of the Council. The Director is assisted by the Departmental Heads of the Scientific Departments and Service Departments including Administration. The Administration is headed by the Registrar of the Association who assists the Director in his function. Registrar, who is the overall in-charge of the administrative functioning including Finance & Accounts, is the Drawing and Disbursing Officer of IACS and is also assisted by the Deputy Registrar, Finance & Accounts Officer, Assistant Registrar etc. The Registrar provides support services to all the Academic staff. All members of the staff including the Registrar and the Head of the Departments are under the administrative control of the Director.
- The Council is the executive authority of the Association and would constitute the apex body responsible for smooth running of the organization. The Council will ensure that the transactions in the Association are in accordance to the Regulations and Bye-Laws contained herein.
- The Council submits to the Annual General Meeting the report on the progress of the Association.
- It is the apex policy making and decision making authority of the Association. It has the complete power to run the affairs of the institute component of the Association.
- It also governs the functioning of the societal part of the Association. The Management Committee would however, have a significant autonomy in running the societal functions subject to reporting to the Council.
- The Council is empowered to create posts in any category including supernumerary positions and or new departments/divisions/units subject to concurrence from the Department of Science & Technology, Government of India.
- The Council makes all appointments included in the Group-A category and would fix their remunerations as per the existing Government of India rules. It also accepts resignations of all the employees in the above category. Resignations of ordinary and ex-officio members of the Council are also be accepted by it.
- The Council is entrusted with the responsibility of keeping the regulations and bye-laws of the Association updated and at-par with the existing trends. In this regard, it is empowered to regularly modify and amend the Bye-Laws for running the Association. This amendment may be undertaken either by itself or by any committee constituted by it. In case the amendment is done as per the latter procedure, the modifications have to be ratified by the Council in order to be deemed valid.
click above to download
the employment notification