Last Date:31 December,2019
Advt. No. : RMD/K/PERS/F-14/2019/1822
Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL)
Kolkata (West Bengal)
SAIL invites application for the posts of 148 Executive & Non-Executive Cadres Vacancy 2019 from 10th, Diploma, pass candidates interested in Steel Authority of India Executive & Non-Executive Vacancy opening. Follow this article for SAIL Executive & Non-Executive Cadres Job Qualification, eligibility criteria and how to apply Steel Authority of India Limited Executive & Non-Executive Cadres Vacancy.
Name of the post – Executive & Non-Executive Cadres
No of post – 148
Pay Scale – 16800 – 24110/-, 15830 – 22150/-
10th, Diploma, B.Sc.
General Conditions:tamilnadu govt employment
- Only Indian Nationals are eligible to apply.
- The minimum age of employment on regular basis in SAIL-RMD is 18 years.
- Candidates possessing requisite qualification from Institute recognized by State Govt. /Central Govt. accredited by councils/ bodies like UGC/AICTE/ MCI etc. (as applicable) will only be eligible to apply for the post. The requisite qualification must have been acquired through a regular/ full time degree course (unless otherwise specified) from Institutes approved/recognized by State Govt. /Central Govt.
- The SC/ST/OBC(NCL)/EWS certificate should be as per the format applicable for employment under Central Government, as available on SAIL website. If the certificate has been issued in a language other than English/Hindi, the candidates will be required to submit a self- certified translated copy of the same either in English or Hindi.
- Candidates registered under Local Employment Exchange for post in Non-Executive cadre will have to apply online in the prescribed format in the prescribed system along with requisite application/processing fees failing which they will not be considered.
- Candidature of a registered candidate is liable to be rejected at any stage of the recruitment process or after recruitment or joining, if any information provided by the candidate is found to be false or is found not to be in conformity with eligibility criteria mentioned in the advertisement or if the candidate fails to produce valid documentary proof in support of his / her eligibility. Raw Materials Division reserves the right to reject the applications and no communication in this regard will be made with the applicant.
- Raw Materials Division reserves the right to fill or not to fill all or any of the above positions without assigning any reason whatsoever. Raw Materials Division is not liable to compensate the applicant for the consequential damages, if any, arising out of the aforesaid action.
- The candidates, after selection, can be posted in any of the mines of SAIL-RMD mentioned in the advertisement, where vacancy exists.
- The medical standards indicated above are minimum pre-requisites. However, appointment of selected candidates will be subject to their passing the Company’s Medical Fitness examination as per standards laid down under SAIL’s Medical & Health Policy.
- Bringing influence at any stage of the selection process will disqualify the candidate.
- The advertisement is available on SAIL website: www.sail.co.in at the link “Careers”. Any subsequent changes if made in the employment notice shall be communicated through the website. Candidates are advised to keep themselves updated of the changes, if any.
- Candidates employed in Govt. Departments/ PSUs/ Autonomous Bodies will have to produce NOC from the present employer at the time of Skill test/ Trade test or Interview.
- No Traveling Expenses would be payable to candidates called for Written Test. Outstation candidates belonging to SC/ST categories, appearing for the Skill Test/ Trade Test for post in non-executive cadre, will be reimbursed travelling expenses to the extent of sleeper Class; single to and fro Railway fare/Bus fare alongwith reservation and tatkal booking charges from the declared place of correspondence to the place of Skill test/ Trade test by the shortest route on production of original ticket(s), provided the distance covered by rail or road is more than 30 kilometres each way.
- For candidates attending interview for the post of Medical Officer (Dental) will be reimbursed single to and fro Bus fare/ AC 3 Tier Rail fare, alongwith reservation and tatkal booking charges, if any from the place of correspondence to the place of interview by the shortest route on production of original tickets(s), provided the distance covered by rail or road is more than 30 kilometres each way.
- Candidates should retain their copy of Pay in Slip (SBI Challan) and Registration Slip as they can be asked to produce it for future reference.
- Court of jurisdiction for any dispute will be at Kolkata.
- Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL) is an Indian state-owned steel making company based in New Delhi, India. It is a public sector undertaking, owned and operated by the Government of India with an annual turnover of INR 66,267 Crore (US$ 9.32 Billion) for fiscal year 2018-19. Incorporated on 24 January 1974, SAIL has 71,297 employees (as of 01-Aug-2019). With an annual production of 16.30 million metric tons, SAIL is the 20th largest steel producer in the world and the 3rd largest in India.The Hot Metal production capacity of the company will further increase and is expected to reach a level of 50 million tonnes per annum by 2025.Sri Anil Kumar Chaudhary is the current Chairman of SAIL.
- SAIL operates and owns 5 integrated steel plants at Bhilai, Rourkela, Durgapur, Bokaro and Burnpur(Asansol) and 3 special steel plants at Salem, Durgapur and Bhadravathi. It also owns a Ferro Alloy plant at Chandrapur. As a part of its global ambition, the company is undergoing a massive expansion and modernization programme involving upgrading and building new facilities with emphasis on state of the art green technology. According to a recent survey, SAIL is one of India’s fastest growing Public Sector Units. Besides, it has R&D centre for Iron & Steel (RDCIS), centre for Engineering in Ranchi, Jharkand.
- SAIL traces its origin to the Hindustan Steel Limited (HSL) which was set up on 19 January 1954. HSL was initially designed to manage only one plant that was coming up at Rourkela.
- For Bhilai and Durgapur Steel Plants, the preliminary work was done by the Iron and Steel Ministry. From April 1957, the supervision and control of these two steel plants were also transferred to Hindustan Steel. The registered office was originally in New Delhi. It moved to Calcutta in July 1956, and ultimately to Ranchi in December 1959.
- A new steel company, Bokaro Steel Limited (Bokaro Steel Plant), was incorporated on 29 January 1964 to construct and operate the steel plant at Bokaro. The 1 MT phases of Bhilai and Rourkela Steel Plants were completed by the end of December 1961. The 1 MT phase of Durgapur Steel Plant was completed in January 1962 after commissioning of the Wheel and Axle plant. The crude steel production of HSL went up from 1.58 MT (1959–60) to 1.6 MT. The second phase of Bhilai Steel Plant was completed in September 1967 after commissioning of the Wire Rod Mill. The last unit of the 1.8 MT phase of Rourkela – the Tandem Mill – was commissioned in February 1968, and the 1.6 MT stage of Durgapur Steel Plant was completed in August 1969 after commissioning of the Furnace in SMS. Thus, with the completion of the 2.5 MT stage at Bhilai, 1.8 MT at Rourkela and 1.6 MT at Durgapur, the total crude steel production capacity of HSL was raised to 3.7 MT in 1968–69 and subsequently to 4 MT in 1972–73.IISCO was taken over as a subsidiary in 1978 and later merged in 2006.
click above to download
the employment notification
click above to apply
now online or download form