Last Date:22 October,2019
Advt No : Pers-Rectt.-A-22/2019/16251-300
Jammu & Kashmir Police (JK Police)
Jammu & Kashmir
JK Police aka Jammu & Kashmir Police invites Sarkari Job applications for the post of 1350 Constable (Male). Apply Online before 22 October 2019. JK Police Recruitment Qualification/ eligibility conditions, how to apply & other rules are given below… Official Website is www.jkpolice.gov.in
Name of the post – Constable (Male)
No of post – 1350
Pay Scale – 19,900 – 63,200/- Level-2
Passed Matriculation Examination Or equivalent from any Government recognized Board..
General Information:himachal government jobs
- Online Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the post of Constable for raising of two Border Battalions one each in Jammu province and Kashmir province from 10 Border Districts of J&K State equally i.e. (Jammu, Kathua, Samba, Rajouri, Poonch, Baramulla, Kupwara, Bandipora, Leh and Kargil) residing within the radius of 0 to 10 Kms from International Border/Line of Control/ Actual Ground Position Line/ Line of Actual Control (IB/LOC/AGPL/LAC) against 1350 vacancies(675 for the Districts Jammu, Kathua, Samba, Rajouri and Poonch and 675 for Baramulla, Kupwara, Bandipora, Leh & Kargil) in the Pay Band-1 of Rs.5200-20200 + Grade pay 1900/- (Now revised 19900-63200 Level-2) in accordance with provisions of reservation policy of State Government.
- The recruitment will be made in these Border Battalions as per guidelines of MHA GOI letter No. 13030/1/2018-K.II dated 08-03-2018.
- Since, the posts are to be distributed equally in 10 Border Districts i.e. (Jammu,Kathua, Samba, Rajouri, Poonch, Baramulla, Kupwara, Bandipora, Leh and Kargil), candidates belonging to the domicile District (0-10 Kms) cannot apply for appointment in any other District except SC category who can apply only in any one of these 10 Districts. This should be supported by Permanent Resident Certificate which will determine the domicile District. In case a candidate applies for appointment in more than one District, his application will be summarily rejected without any notice to the candidate.
- The instruction for filling up of online application form is enclosed as annexure”A”. Candidate shall deposit a fee of Rs. 300/- (Rupees Three hundred only) online or use the services of Common Service Centers. In case of non availability of online payment facility, the candidates may use the option of depositing the application fee through Bank Challan. Candidates are requested to read and follow these instructions carefully as no amount once deposited will ever be refunded for reasons whatsoever.
- The candidates shall be required to furnish a certificate duly issued by the Authority Competent to issue Permanent Resident Certificate to the effect that he is residing in the area within the radius of 0 to 10 Kms from International Border/Line of Control/ Actual Ground Position Line/ Line of Actual Control (1B/LOC/AGPL/LAC), which shall be required to submit alongwith the application form. However, in case of non-availability of sufficient number of youth from Leh and Kargil Districts, the above said criteria with regard to areas falling under 0-10 Kms of AGPL/LAC/LOC can be suitably relaxed.
- Candidates already in Government service and conforming to the prescribed ,….” standards can apply through proper channel after obtaining NOC from their Head of the Department without which the online applications will not be entertained.
- The recruitment will be undertaken under Transparent Recruitment Process (TRP) through an Outsourcing firm.
- Last date for submission of online application form shall be 30 days after the activation of the link which will be notified separately. The last date for the receipt of the application provided in the notification shall be the cutoff date for determining the eligibility with regard to educational qualification/relevant category. Any qualification or claim accruing to the candidate after last date of receipt of application shall not be entertained. No “under process” claim will be considered at any stage. The selection of the candidates for the post of Constable shall be made at District level on their performance in written test vis-a-vis number of vacancies. In case of tie in merit, the preference will be given to the candidate older in age.
- Since the recruitment is being made for raising 02 Border Battalions on the strength of J&K Police, as such, the appointees will have to render their services wherever required in the State.
- In terms of the directions issued by the State Government vide No. Home/PB
I11/62/G/2008 dated 25-09-2009, the horizontal reservation to the extent of 150/0 and 4% shall be given to eligible serving SPOs and VHGs respectively (provided SPOs have completed continuous engagement of 03 years and VHGs have completed 05 years of service on the last date of submission of online application). Besides, horizontal reservation to the extent of 6% shall be given to eligible Ex-Servicemen.
- The candidate working as SPOs/Volunteer Home Guard and conforming to the eligibility as envisaged in para 2-I(ii) of the notice shall attach certificate(s) relating to their engagement as SPONolunteer Home Guards issued by the concerned DDO/SSP under his seal/signatures with date of issue. No such certificate will be entertained after the last date of submission of online application.
- Fixation of pay during the period of first five years of the appointees shall be regulated as per the provisions of SRO 202 of 2015 dated 30-06-2015.
- Upon their appointment, candidates who have obtained any loan/stipend under the self employment scheme or any other category will be allowed to join only in case they obtain a clearance certificate from the concerned department/bank to the effect they have refunded the loan/cleared the liability.
- The candidates shall have to appear in the prescribed tests at their own expenses on the date and venue to be communicated by the Police Recruitment Board, through press or electronic media.
- In case, it is found at any stage of recruitment that the candidate was not eligible for the post or has given wrong information, his candidature shall be summarily rejected ,,,,…/ without any further notice to him and the same may attract legal action.
- The selected candidates shall be subjected to prescribed medical examination/checkup through Standing Medical Boards and the appointment orders shall be issued only after receipt of satisfactory medical report and clearance about his character/antecedents from CID. The selected candidates shall be required to undergo the prescribed Basic Training Course.
- The Jammu and Kashmir Police or JKP, was established in 1873 and is the law enforcement agency, having primary responsibilities in law enforcement and investigation within Jammu and Kashmir in India. The department serves an area of 85,806 square miles (222,236 sq km) and a population of 12,548,926 people at the 2011 census. JKP works with the Indian Army, the Central Reserve Police Force, and other Paramilitary forces of India to keep the state secure from incursions from Pakistan.The J&K Police has prevented attacks in other Indian states by arresting terrorists en route from Pakistan.
- The first specific Jammu & Kashmir police force came into existence in the year 1873 with one police officer known as Kotwal and 14 Thanedars for Srinagar City. This police force would control crime and take care of law and order situations with help of Chowkidars and Harkars, who were paid by the population out of their annual agricultural produce on a voluntary basis.
- It was in 1913 that the state requisitioned the service of an Imperial Police (IP) officer on deputation and appointed Mr Broadway as the first Inspector General of Police in June, 1913. He continued to be Police chief up to 1917 and was followed by other IP officers.
- Since then the Police in J&K has undergone several re-organizations, The employee strength of Police in J&K in the year 1889-90 was 1040, which further rose to 1570 in the year 1903 and forty years later, in 1943-44, the strength of J&K Police was 3179 and at present it has exceeded 83000 mark.
click above to download
the employment notification
click above to apply
now online or download form