Last Date:10 Oct,2019
National Institute of Foundry and Forge Technology (NIFFT)
NIFFT is inviting applications for eligible candidates for 22 posts of Assistant Professor for various Engineering Department.Interested candidates with required eligibility may send their applications as per given format and all required documents to given address as to reach by 10-10-2019 .
Name of the post – Assistant Professor
No of post – 22
Pay Scale – Rs 57700
ME/ M.Tech/MS in related trade
General Information:psu jobs
- The National Institute of Foundry and Forge Technology (NIFFT), Ranchi established by Ministry of Human Resources Development (MHRD), Govemment of India, in Collaboration with LTNDP, UNESCO in 1966 at Ranchi Jharkhand, offers B. Tech. degree in Metallurgy and Materials Engineering, and Manufacturing Engineering, M. Tech. degree in Material Science and Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, FoundryForge Technology, and Environmental Engineering, PhD and Advanced Diploma in Foundry Technology and Advanced Diploma in Forge Technology.
- The Institute has five departments of studies namely Foundry Technology, Forge Technology, Manufacturing Engineering, Materials and Metallufgical Engineering and Applied Science and Humanities. Students are selected for admission through Joint Entrance Examination (JEE-Main) for B. Tech. course; through Centralized Counselling of M. Tech. (CCMT) for M. Tech courses: through written test and Interview for doctoral and Advanced Diploma courses conducted by NIFFT.
- Applications are invited from interested persons possessing good academic background along with selfmotivation to quality teaching and research for faculty positions at Assistant Professor level for the following different departments from all categories (General, SC, ST, OBC & PwD).
- Mere fulfilment of the above mentioned qualification & experience does not entitle a candidate to be called for interview’ Institute will further make the criteria on the recommendations of the duly
constituted Committee to arrive at a reasonable number of candidates, to be called for interview for each department, through short listing in one or multiple stages.
- Separate applications must be submitted if a candidate is applying for more than one post and in more than one department.
- Candidates already in Government and PSUs service should send their applications through proper channel or should submit NOC and vigilance certificate from their emptoy”i at the time of interview.
However, an advance copy along with required fee/ certificates / detailed marks sheets/ documents etc.may be sent directly.
- A Demand Draft of Rs 500/-, drawn in favour of ‘NIFFT, Ranchi” from any nationalized bank payable at Ranchi for each application (50% incase of SC / ST & fully exempted for women & pwD candidates).
- Reservation policy will be applicable as per the MHRD (Govt. of India) norms/rules. For availing reservation, the category certificate must be submitted in GOI format along with application.
- Disability Certificate in the presciibed format issued by the Competent Medical Board should be attached by the candidates applying against pWD posts.
- The age of retirement is 65 years for all posts as per present Rule.
- Preference will be given to candidate who have one of the degrees from a premier Institutes of India viz,IITs, IISC, JNU or any other Institute of National ImportancJResearch experience in an organization of repute outside / inside India and /or independent research guidance 7 research project. Industrial experience in the field of Manufacturing and Metallurgical Industries.
- No correspondence, whatsoever, will be entertained from the candidates regarding postal delays, conduct and result oflnterview and reasons for not being called for Interview or selection.
- The Institute reseryes the right to(a) To cancel the advertisement without any prior notice and without assigning any reason.(b) To either full up all the posts or some of the posts or none of them *itt oui assigning any reason. c) To cancel the process of recruitment at any stage without assigning or clarifying any reason.
How To Apply:
- Download the application form ffom the institute website. Using application forms from any other source is acceptable if the same is exact as per the prescribed format.
- Fill the application form in CAPITAL letters and take a print-out on white A4 size paper on single side only. Put your signature in all required places.
- Aftach self-attested photocopies of documents as mentioned in the form. Write your name, post applied and mobile number on back side of the Demand Draft.
- Put everyhing neatly inside a good quality envelope and close the envelope by gum or adhesive tape (don’t use stapler-pin). Write the name of the post applied for and Department at the top-left corner ofthe envelope.
- The National Institute of Foundry and Forge Technology (commonly referred to as NIFFT) is a public engineering institution.
- It is a fully residential Government of India co-educational institute. It was established in 1966 by the Government of India in collaboration with UNDP – UNESCO to provide qualified engineers and specialists for running Foundry and Forge industries. It is an autonomous and Centrally Funded Technical Institute (CFTI) under Ministry of Human Resource Development(MHRD), Government of India.
- The institute offers Post Doctoral, Doctoral and Master’s program at the graduate level and Bachelor’s program as well as Advanced Diploma Courses at the undergraduate level. The objectives of the institute have broadened to meet the present need of the industries, with the introduction of departments of Manufacturing Engineering in 1985 and Materials and Metallurgical Engineering in 1998.
- Apart from training students NIFFT also provides consultancy, documentation and information retrieval services in manufacturing engineering, industrial metallurgy and in foundry & forge sectors also.
- located in Hatia, which is about 7.4 km from Ranchi. Distance from Ranchi Airport: 6 km Distance from Ranchi Railway Station: 10 km Distance from Hatia Railway Station: 1.5 km
- n consonance with the general guidelines of UNESCO (1962) regarding establishment of specialized institutes, National Institute of Foundry and Forge Technology (NIFFT) was created in 1966 under the UNDP program to cater to the need of a large number of technicians. The particular emphasis was on foundry and forge technology to meet the demand of trained manpower in the primary metal manufacturing sectors like automobile, heavy engineering, machine and component manufacturing etc. Two carefully designed advanced diploma courses, namely foundry and forge technology, were offered.
- In view to push forward the knowledge boundary, four M Tech programs were introduced in the core areas of foundry and forge technology. Subsequently, two B.Tech. programs, one in manufacturing engineering in 1992, and other in metallurgical and materials engineering in 1998, were introduced to reinforce the core framework of foundry and forging technology with the knowledge of materials and manufacturing to cater the emerging need of the industries. Doctoral program for manufacturing engineering began in 2006.
- The institute currently offers doctorates in 5 departments, 4 master’s degrees, 2 bachelor’s degrees and 2 advanced diploma courses.NIFFT celebrated its golden jubilee year in 2016 with the chief minister of Jharkhand, Raghubar Das, assuring to promote it to the status of an Institute of National Importance (INI).
click above to download
the employment notification