Last Date:09 Oct,2019
National Institute for Empowerment of Persons with Multiple Disablities (NIEPMD)
NIEPMD is looking for suitable candidates with good academic credentials for the recruitment to 11 contractual posts of Lecturer and Various.All candidates may apply before the last date of 09-10-2019 by sending application forms in prescribed format to the given address.Before sending filled-in the application form, make sure you meet the eligibility criteria and keep all relevant documents ready.
Name of the post – Lecturer and Various
No of post – 11
Pay Scale – Rs 35000 , Rs 25000 , Rs 20000
Post Graduate Degree / M.A. /M.Sc., with B.Ed / B.Sc. in Nursing / D.Ed .
General Information:upsc notifications
- Applications are invited from Indian Nationals eligible for engagement to the following temporary EC approved consultant positions on contract basis at Composite Regional Centre for Skill Development,Rehabilitation and Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (CRC), Gorakhpur, established to serve as resource centre in disability rehabilitation for all categories. These positions will be filled up on contractual basis for a period of 11 months.
- The post will be filled purely on contractual basis.
- The period of contractual engagement as consultant will be for 11 months. The selected candidate will be entitled to only the lump sum monthly consolidated remuneration as mentioned against each post. No other Allowances such as Dearness Allowance/House Rent Allowance/Medical Allowance/GPF/NPS and other allowances entitled for Government servant will be paid.
- No upper age limit and post based reservation is prescribed for any post as post being filled up on contractual basis for short term.
- Duration of Ph.D will be considered as Experience as per UGC guidelines.
- Application fee of Rs. 500/- for each post in the mode of Demand Draft made in favour of Director, NIEPMD, payable at Chennai need to be enclosed. SC/ST/PwD are exempted from payment of application fee.
- Separate application is to be submitted for each post. The envelope containing application should be superscribed “Application for the position of ——”.
- Bringing in any type of Political/Official interference, influence, canvassing, other pressures in any form etc., will render disqualification of the candidature and action as deemed fit will be taken against such candidates. No correspondence in this matter is entertained.
- APPLICATION FORM DULY FILLED, SUPPORTED WITH SELF-ATTESTED PHOTOCOPIES SHOULD BE SUBMITTED WITHIN 21 DAYS FROM PUBLICATION OF THE ADVERTISEMENT TO THE DIRECTOR, NATIONAL INSTITUTE FOR EMPOWERMENT OF PERSONS WITH MULTIPLE DISABILITIES (DIVYANGJAN), ECR., MUTTUKADU, KOVALAM POST,CHENNAI – 603 112.
- The Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment, Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities, Govt. of India is working and aiming for the empowerment of persons with disabilities since its commencement. This ministry is serving the disabled through its seven delivery models. These are conducting awareness, sensitization and HRD programs, undertaking research & development, providing assistive devices and livelihood for persons with disabilities (PwD) in the year 1980 which reinforces the idea of serving disabled. The United Nation declared decade for disabilities (1982-1992), which led to the advent of the most of the National Institutions. These Institutes started earlier, were working for the persons with Disabilities of different individual categories (single disabilities). The decade between 1993-2002 was declared as the Asia pacific decade of the disabled persons. Further extended as extension of Asia Pacific decade for the disabled 2003-2013.
- This decade led to the emergence & proposal of the PwD (1995) Act and the National Trust (1999) Act in India. After the proposal of National Trust Act (1999), focus was given to Persons with Multiple Disabilities and there arose a need to start a National Institute exclusively for Empowerment of persons with Multiple Disabilities. To achieve the focus given above, National Institute for Empowerment of Persons with Multiple Disabilities (NIEPMD) came in to an existence in the year 2005. The Institute is situated in a beautiful ambience on East coast road (ECR) Muttukadu, Chennai, which is 35 kilometers away from the Chennai Central station. Since the commencement in 2005 the services for Persons with Disabilities for single as well as Multiple disabilities as NIEPMD has been given on an outpatient basis through a multi-disciplinary team model, besides the cottage services and extension services.
- The Census 2011, of India enumerated data on eight types of Disabilities, including first time entry of multiple disabilities. This data gave a picture of prevalence of multiple disabilities in the country and guide path to NIEPMD in planning various services of rehabilitation for this group of society, census data, 2011on disability shows that there are 2.68 crore persons are with disabilities in India, which constitute 2.21% of the total population, out of which 21.16 lakhs belong to the category of multiple disabilities. One of the objectives is to ensure all human rights to disabled persons especially to those who need more intensive support i.e. persons with multiple disabilities.
- When a child has several different disabilities we say, that he/she has multiple disabilities. For example, a child may have difficulties in learning, along with controlling her movements and/or with hearing and vision. The effect of multiple disability can be more than the combination of two individual disabilities.
- A child who is multiple disabled should receive help as early as possible so that she can be helped to achieve her potential, and so that her disabilities will not become worse.
click above to download
the employment notification