Last Date:04 Oct,2019
Goods and Services Tax (GST)
GST Hyderabad Zone invites applications from all eligible Indian candidates for recruitment to 10 posts of Tax Assistant and Various (Sports Quota).Application form duly filled in, along with all relevant documents is to be submitted by 04-10-2019 to the given address. Before applying, the candidate should ensure that she/he fulfils all the eligibility conditions.
Name of the post – Tax Assistant , Stenographer,Havaldar
No of post – 10
Pay Scale – Rs 25500 – 81100,Rs 18000 – 56900
Matriculation, /12th ,/ Degrees and participation in International / National / ) Domestic tournaments / events.
General Conditions:psu jobs
- Candidates should read the below mentioned terms and conditions and instructions carefully before filling up the form.
- The application should be strictly as per the pro-forma prescribed.
- Only one application should be submitted by the candidate. If any candidate submits more than one application, all the applications will be summarily rejected.
- The application should be filled up in Block Letters in English using ink pen or ballpoint pen preferably Black ink.
- The applicant should clearly indicate the post in the application form to which he is applying for by marking ‘1’, ‘2’ and ‘3’ in order of preference and ‘X’ if not interested in a post. For eg., if a person is applying only for the post of Tax Assistant he has to mark ‘1’ in the cell against the post and mark cells against Stenographer Grade-II and Havaldar ‘X’. If a person is applying for post of Tax
Assistant and Stenographer Grade-II in that order of preference, he has to mark ‘1’ against cell corresponding to Tax Assistant and ‘2’ against Stenographer Grade-II and mark the cell against Havaldar ‘X’ and if a person is applying for post of Stenographer Grade-II and Havaldar only in that order of preference, he has to mark cell against Tax Assistant ‘X’, and mark ‘1’ and ‘2’ in cell against Stenographer Grade-II and Havaldar.
- 18 to 27 years as on 01.07.2019. Relaxation up to 3 years for OBC candidates and 5 years in case of SC/ST Candidates. For exceptional achievements in Sports/Game and those candidates who fulfil all other eligibility condition with necessary certificate, age will be relaxable up to 5 years and 10 years in the case of SC/ST.
- The applications will be scrutinized and suitable candidates will be shortlisted for further selection process. The eligible candidates will have to appear in the field test relevant to Sports discipline. There will be a written test. Results will be announced on the website and communication will be sent to the shortlisted candidates.
- Success in the above test confers no right to appointment unless the department is satisfied after such enquiry as may be considered necessary that the candidate is suitable in all respects for appointment to the post.
- The recruitment process will be in two phases. In the first phase, all the applicants will be ranked, as per their option of the post applied for, based on their current form and achievements in sports and games.
- It is clarified that field trial will be conducted to check the fitness levels of the candidates and performance in the field trials will carry marks and will also count for ranking purpose. In case any candidate is unable to take the fitness test for any reason whatsoever or having taken the test is not found fit, he would not be considered for appointment, despite his rank in the Select List. Also, the candidates who are not found fit in the field trials will not be considered for appointment. The current form will be evaluated based on the year of participation in recognized tournaments/events in the calendar year 2018, 2017, 2016 and 2015 for which the details should be furnished as per Annexure-I.
- The shortlisted candidates will be called for written test. The written examination for the post of TAs/Stenographer-II/Havaldar will be in English and will consist of objective type multiple choice questions in General Knowledge,Reasoning, Numerical/Quantitative Aptitude, General English and General Awareness. The candidates applying for Tax Assistants posts will be required to
take a data entry test for 15 minutes and for the post of Stenographer Grade-II post will be required to take a skill test for 15 minutes. Based on the aggregate marks obtained in the field trials and written test, the candidates will be ranked for selection.
- The written exam and field trials will be held in Hyderabad. The selected candidate will be required to appear for the same at their own expense.
- Sports persons who are already employed in Central Government or State Government or PSU should submit an NOC from the present employer which should be enclosed with the application.
- The selected candidates will be on probation for 2 years or such period as per the extant instructions of the Government of India. His participation in the tournaments/meets on behalf of the Department will also be a deciding factor in the declaration of his probation. The selected candidates will be required to represent the Central Tax and Central Excise Department Hyderabad region, in
the tournament /meets as decided at least for 5 years. The selected candidates will also be required to sign an undertaking that he will not seek inter-zone transfer for a period of 10 years.
- Government of India has introduced Central Excises and Salt Act 1944 w.e.f. 24.2.1944 for collection of Excise duty on manufacture of goods including Tax on salt. In the year 1962, Government of India has introduced levy of Customs on imports and exports through enactment of Customs Act, 1962. For collection and administration of Central Excise and Customs, the Government of India created a separate Board, Central Board of Excise and Customs(CBEC) in 1964 under the Department of Revenue, Ministry of Finance through Central Boards of Revenue Act, 1963. Later, in 1994, Government of India introduced levy of Service Tax on certain services. The indirect taxes are a major source of revenue and contributing 35 to 40%.of revenue to the exchequer.
- For collection of Indirect taxes, the Central Board of Excise & Customs has formed several Collectorates (now Commissionerates) headed by a Collector (Now Commissioner) with field formations of Divisions/Ranges/Sectors/Circles headed by Assistant Collector (now Assistant Commissioner). The Hyderabad Collectorate was formed 70 years back covering the entire undivided State of Andhra Pradesh.
- The Central Board of Excise and Customs has reviewed the requirement of man power from time to time and restructured the cadres by revising the Sanctioned Strength from time to time. The Guntur Collectorate (now Guntur Commissionerate) was formed in the year 1972 and the Visakhapatnam Collectorate (now Visakhapatnam Commissionerate) in 1990. All the Commissionerates of erstwhile Hyderabad, Guntur and Vishakhapatnam Commissionerates were under a single Zone. Consequent to cadre restructuring in 2002, two Zones were formed (i) Hyderabad Zone covering all the districts of Telangana region (ii) Visakhapatnam Zone covering remaining districts of Rayalaseema and Coastal districts of erstwhile Andhra Pradesh. Again, CBEC has reviewed the requirement of manpower and restructured the cadres in the year 2014 (incidentally the State of Andhra Pradesh was divided into two States viz., Telangana and Andhra Pradesh in the same year) by creating the separate Commissionerates of Customs, Service Tax and Audit in Hyderabad Zone. The Government of India has introduced Goods and Services Tax from 01.07.2017 by replacing the existing indirect taxes including Central Excise, Service Tax, VAT etc., Accordingly, CBEC has reorganised its formations. Further, Central Board of Excise & Customs (CBEC) has also been renamed as Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC). At present, CBIC is having 21 Zones, 101 GST Tax payer Services Commissionerates comprising 15 sub-Commissionerates, 768 Divisions, 3969 Ranges, 49 Audit Commissionerates and 50 Appeals Commissionerates. This will ensure rendering of taxpayer services to all the taxpayers through an indirect tax administration structure, having pan-India presence.
click above to download
the employment notification