Last Date:27 Aug,2019
Rail Wheel Factory (RCF)
All Eligible Candidates may apply for Sports Persons (Sports Quota) in Rail Wheel Factory (RWF Bangalore) along with one latest passport size photograph and self attested copies of date of birth, qualification, caste, experience, age etc to the given address 27-08-2019 .
Name of the post – Sports Persons (Sports Quota)
No of post – 10
Pay Scale – Level-2
10 +2,Degree or its equivalent with shorthand speed of 80 words per minute.
General Instruction:psu jobs
- Canvassing in any form shall disqualify the candidature.
- Candidates are advised to indicate their active mobile number and valid e-mail ID in the application form and keep them active during the entire recruitment process as all important messages will be sent by e-maiVSMS which will be treated as deemed to have been read by the candidate.
- Candidates are advised not to bring any valuable/costly items at the time of trials, as safe-keeping of these items cannot be assured.
- Applications not fulfilling any of the terms and conditions given in this notification shall be summarily rejected.
- Applicant should possess the prescribed minimum educational qualification and sports achievements on the date of submission of application.
- SC/ST candidates will be eligible for free Rail travel in second class for attending sports trials/interview.
- Candidates may download the recruitment notification and application form available on Rail Wheel Factory-website www.rwfindianrailways.gov.in
- The decision of RWF Administration in all matters relating to eligibility, acceptance or rejection of the application, issue of free Rail passes, penalty for false information, mode of selection, conduct of trials/interview, selection, allotment of post to selected candidates etc. will be final and binding on the candidates. Sportspersons recruited against sports quota shall be te1minated from service, if the information and documents furnished by him for recruitment are found incorrect/fake at any stage, observing requisite procedure for such te1 r11ination. “Further, such candidates are liable for criminal prosecution.
- RWF administration reserves the right to alter the stages of recruitment or cancel part or whole or any recruitment process at any stage without .assigning any reason.
- The number of vacancies indicated in this notification is provisional and may decrease or even become N1L at a later stage depending upon the actual nee-ds of the Railway Administration.
- The list of eligible candidates will be published on the R WF official Website and communication will also be sent by Speed post/e-mail to the eligible candidates for appearing in the selection trials.
- Therefore the eligible candidates are alerted to be in readiness to appear in the trials at the Rail Wheel Factory Stadium, Y elahank~ Bangalore -64 or at notified place.
- While all out efforts will be made to inform the candidates well in advance, the candidates are cautioned that they may have to appear in the selection trials at short notice. The candidates are advised to regularly check the website www.rwf.indianrailways.gov.in for updates.
- The candidates applymg for the post should keep track of the official website of Rail Wheel Factory. fu case the applica:r1t does not receive the call letter 5 days before the notifie-d sports trials date( s) due to postal delay, the applicant should report to Personnel Department in person for duplicate call letter at least one day before the sports trials dates. Duplicate call letter will be issued on production original photo identity card i.e., Aadhar Card, Voter Identity Card, Pan Card,Passport or Driving License.
- The candidates should attend the trials at the date, time and venue specified by R WF administration and any request for change of date, time and venue \\rill not be entertained.
- The candidate will have to make their own arrangements for their stay at Bangalore, or the place indicated for a few days while attending trials/interview.No TA/DA/Accommodation will · be given for appearing in the selection/trials/interview.
- RWF administr~tion will not be responsible for postal delay or wrong delivery of letters, if any, for any correspondence .at any stage, of the recruitment process.
- Candidates who are applying in response to this notification should be in readiness to appear before the trial committee on the date of trials to be notified.
- Candidates may please note that mere ca11ing for trials/interview will not guarantee appointment of candidates against sports quota.
- The candidates belonging to North Eastern states, Assam, Meghalaya, Manipur, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Nagaland, Tripura, Sikkim, Jammu and Kashmir,Lahaul & Spiti District and Pangi Sub-Division of Chamba District of Himachal Prades~ Andaman & Nicobar and Lakshwadeep Islands, the Domicile. certificates should be enclosed.
- Ex-servicemen, applying against this notification should enclose Discharge Certificate issued by the authorities concerned.
- All the candidates getting appointed through sports quota will undergo probation period of 2 years. Before completion of p1·obation period, the perfonnance of the sportsperson shall be reviewed at the Railway /Unit Level by a committee constituted for the purpose.
- If the performance is considered to be i1nsatisfactory, the probation period ·will be extended and in case performance is not found up to the mark, his services is liable to be terminated.
- Candidates selected through sports quota will have to perfortn in bis field of sports f-0r a minimum period of 5 years.
- Rail Wheel Factory (RWF) (also known as Wheel and Axle Plant) is a manufacturing unit of Indian Railways, producing wheels, axles and wheel sets of railroad wagons, coaches and locomotives for the use of Indian Railways and overseas customers is situated at Yelahanka, Bangalore in the Indian state of Karnataka.
- The unit was started by C. K. Jaffer Sharief, the then Railway Minister, who got this project to Bangalore. It was commissioned in 1984 to manufacture wheels and axles for the Indian Railways.
- This factory uses cast steel technology in the manufacturing of wheels which utilizes scrap steel collected from Railways’ own workshops as raw material. The products (Wheels, Axles and wheel sets) are engineered with little scrap for human errors. It has a planned capacity to manufacture of about 70,000 wheels of different sizes, 23,000 axles and to assemble 23,000 wheel sets. It employs over 2000 personnel and has an annual turnover of about 82 crores. It is an ISO 9001:2000 and ISO 14001 certified unit for its business processes. It was the first unit of Indian Railways to receive ISO 9001:2008 accreditation.
click above to download
the employment notification