Last Date:31 Oct,2019
Regional Centre for Biotechnology (RCB)
RCB is inviting eligible candidates to apply online for 10 contractual posts of Professor, Associate Professor and Assistant Professor.Interested and Eligible Candidates may apply online by 31-10-2019 , after making sure that they meet the concerned eligibility criteria. All personal and educational details must be mentioned properly.
Name of the post – Professor, Associate Professor and Assistant Professor
No of post – 10
Pay Scale – as per norms
Post Graduate in Related Trade with experience as mentioned.
General Conditions:delhi sarkari naukri
- Regional Centre for Biotechnology (RCB) is an institution of national importance established through an Act of Indian Parliament by the Department of Biotechnology, Govt. of India under the auspices of UNESCO. The primary focus of RCB is to provide world class education, training and conduct innovative research at the interface of multiple disciplines to create high quality human resource in disciplinary and interdisciplinary areas of biotechnology. To this end, the Centre is offering the master’s and doctoral degree programs in biotechnology, bioinformatics, and biostatistics, while other degree/diploma programs in niche areas of biotechnology are under development.
- The Centre invites applications from suitably qualified, dynamic, and result-oriented scientists with flair for teaching, to fill up the following academic positions on direct recruitment / deputation or contract basis. The candidate should preferably have demonstrated research experience, and interest to pursue research and teaching in any of the following areas: (1) Synthetic Biology
& Metabolic Engineering, (2) Fermentation, Scale-up & Downstream Processing, (3) Biocatalysis & Enzyme Engineering, (4) Metagenomics & Microbiome, (5) Antibody Engineering for Therapeutic Applications, (6) Cancer Biology & Therapy, (7) Infectious Disease Biology for Developing Prophylactics and Therapeutics, (8) Plant Biotechnology for Crop Improvements, and (9) Big Data Analytics, Computational Biology & Bioinformatics.
- RCB will provide the selected candidates a shared laboratory space with adequate start-up support for setting up the lab. However, the faculty is required to raise the extramural grants to support their research activities and build the research program. The faculty is also required to participate in the management of the Centre with responsibilities assigned by the competent authority as per the requirements. Interested candidates should submit their applications in the prescribed online format available on http://www.rcb.res.in . There is no last date and the application can be made throughout the year till the positions are filled up.
- Shown above are the total number of available positions (likely to vary at the time of selection). The number of positions filled shall be based on the availability of suitable candidates, and the requirement and ability of the Centre to support their laboratory set up.
- Candidates who have applied after 15 February 2019 against the earlier rolling advertisement (Advt. No. Faculty/01/2018/Acad dt. 16.11.2018) are not required to apply again unless there is any significant update. Their applications available in the database shall be considered.
- All educational, professional and technical qualifications should be from a recognized Board / University.
- The experience requirement specified for each post should be the experience acquired after obtaining the minimum educational qualifications required for the post.
- There will be a probation period of two years which may be extended at the discretion of the Competent Authority.
- The pay and allowances etc. are presently admissible as per the recommendations of the 7th Pay Commission of the Govt. of India. Other benefits include NPS, Medical reimbursement, LTC, etc. as per the rules of the Centre.
- On-campus residential facility for the faculty is available for allotment on a seniority basis.
- Persons working in Govt. or Public Sector Undertaking should apply through proper channel or produce the ‘No Objection Certificate’ at the time of interview.
- Outstation SC/ST candidates called for interview will be paid to & fro second class railway fare for travel within India, as per the GOI rules on production of the proof of the same. Candidates applying for deputation / permanent absorption must invariably get their application forwarded through proper channel.
- Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification.
- Mere fulfilment of the minimum prescribed qualification and experience will not vest any right on a candidate for being called for interview. Only the candidates short-listed by a duly constituted Screening Committee will be called for interview. In case a large number of applications are received for each post, the Screening Committee may limit the number of candidates to those possessing higher qualification or alternatively may arrange a written screening test for short-listing the candidates. Screening Committee reserves the right to call for additional documents from the applicants or invite comments from expert referees to decide upon suitability of the applicant to be considered further in the selection process. The decision of the Centre in this regard will be final and no interim inquiries in this regard will be entertained.
- The Regional Centre for Biotechnology (RCB)  is an autonomous institution of education, training and research established under the auspices of United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) and Department of Biotechnology (DBT, India). The Parliament has passed the Regional Centre for Biotechnology Bill, 2016 to provide statutory status to the existing institution. The Bill seeks to provide legislative backing to the Regional Centre and also confers upon it the status of an institution of national importance. Sudhanshu Vrati is the executive director of RCB.
- The Government of India and UNESCO signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on 14 July 2006 to establish RCB. The centre is now recognized as a “Category II Centre” by “the principles and guidelines for the establishment and functioning of UNESCO Institutes and Centres”. Following approval from the Union Cabinet, the centre became operational from its interim campus at Gurgaon, Haryana from 20 April 2009.
- The mandate of RCB is to provide a platform for biotechnology education, training and research at the interface of multiple disciplines. The objectives of the Regional Centre Biotechnology is to disseminate knowledge by providing teaching and research facilities in biotechnology and related fields, create a hub of biotechnology expertise, facilitate transfer of technology and knowledge in the SAARC region and generally Asia and promote cooperation at the international level.
- RCB engages in contemporary research at the interface of disciplines constituting biotechnology in its broadest definition. Research programmes aim to integrate science, engineering, medicine and agriculture in biotechnology and emphasize on their relevance to the regional societies.
click above to download
the employment notification