Last Date:18 Sep,2019
Cochin Shipyard Limited
Cochin Shipyard Limited is inviting eligible candidates to apply online for 9 permanent posts of Executive Trainees.Interested and Eligible Candidates may apply online by 18-09-2019. Before filling online form, candidates should read all instruction carefully as mentioned in notification.
Name of the post – Executive Trainees
No of post – 09
Pay Scale – Rs.50,000/-
Degree in Mechanical Engineering,/Degree in Naval Architecture Engineering,/Chartered Accountants,/Degree with 65 % marks OR Master Degree in Business Administration or equivalent Degree/Diploma with specialization in HR/ Post Graduate Degree in Social Work.
General Information:faculty opening
- Candidates are advised to make sure that they are meeting the eligibility requirements as per the vacancy notification for the posts before submitting the applications.
- Candidates should ensure that all the entries in the online application have been correctly filled in and application submitted successfully. Change in data provided in the application after submitting the same through online will not be considered. Filling of garbage/junk details in any of the fields can lead to rejection of application.
- Candidates should ensure that all certificates towards proof of age, educational qualification, experience, caste, disability etc and a recent passport size colour photograph are uploaded in the SAP online application portal, failing which their candidature will not be considered and will be rejected.
- Shipyard reserves the right to call for any additional documentary evidence from candidates in support of educational qualification / experience / other notified eligibility requirements as indicated in their online application, and information / replies to such queries should be only through the e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. However, Cochin Shipyard will not be responsible for any delay/non-receipt of such emails within the stipulated date and time. Replies to any such queries received after the stipulated date and time will not be considered, and no further correspondence shall be
entertained in this regard.
- Application must be complete in all respects as per this Notification vis-a-vis other instructions issued by CSL. Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Candidates have the option to choose test centres for Phase-I selection process, while completing the online application. Change in online test centre opted by the candidate shall not be entertained.
- Candidates belonging to PwBD and requiring the service of scribe for attending the online test should bring valid certificate issued by notified authority for proof of disability.
- Candidates should bring a photo identity proof (in original) like Aadhar, Driving Licence, Voter ID etc, print out of online job application form (possessing unique registration number) duly signed, and all original certificates towards proof of age, qualification, experience, caste, disability etc along with self-attested copies of these certificates, for verification at the time of Interview/GD and their candidature will be considered on the strength of the original certificates. In case of failure to produce the original certificates at the time of verification, the candidature will be rejected.
- Candidates who are working in Government Departments or Semi Government/ Public Sector Organisations, should submit “No Objection Certificate” from the employer at the time of the certificate verification /interview, failing which they will not be allowed to attend the interview and their candidature will be cancelled/ rejected.
- If at any stage it is found that any information furnished is false/ incorrect or the candidate does not satisfy the eligibility criteria, the candidature/appointment is liable to be cancelled/ rejected.
- No travelling allowance will be paid to the candidates for appearing for the online test. All candidates appearing for Personal Interview shall be reimbursed single to & fro third AC rail fare as admissible for the post as per CSL rules limited to the shortest route from the mailing address mentioned in their online application to Cochin Shipyard Ltd,Kochi on production of proof of travel expense.
- Candidates claiming travel re-imbursement are required to submit the copy of front page of bank passbook with account number and IFSC code, at the time of certificate verification and the eligible amount of reimbursement will be credited to their bank account through NEFT. Reimbursement of travel fare will only be made to those candidates who submit the above details.
- However, at the time of Interview/GD, if it is found that the candidate does not fulfil any of the notified eligibility conditions, he/she will neither be allowed to attend the Interview/GD nor paid any travelling allowance.
- No correspondence regarding the rejection of application in case of ineligibility will be entertained.
- Call letters can be downloaded through CSL website www.cochinshipyard.com tentatively by end Sep 2019. Candidates are requested to frequently check the above website (Careers Page) for any updates, corrigendum etc.
- Mere submission of online application and Issue of call letter for the Online Test/Personal Interview/GD shall not confer any right to the candidate of acceptance of candidature or cannot be construed as an acknowledgement of fulfilling the eligibility conditions.
- Appointment of selected candidates will be subject to verification of character and antecedents. Selection of candidates claiming reservation applicable to SC/ST/OBC/EWS/PwBD is subject to verification of caste/community certificates/disability certificates submitted by such candidates. Submission of false certificates will entail cancellation of candidature / appointment notwithstanding the right of CSL to initiate appropriate action against such candidates.
- Candidates should be of sound health and satisfy the medical fitness standards as fixed by CSL. The candidates short-listed for appointment after interview/GD should undergo a medical examination in hospitals as prescribed by Shipyard and medical fitness further subject to certification by the Medical Officer of CSL. Candidates who do not meet the medical fitness standards shall not be considered for appointment.
- CSL shall not bear any liability on account of salary/leave salary/gratuity/pension contribution etc, if any of previous employment of any candidate already working in Government/Public Sector Undertakings.
How To Apply:
- Candidates should go through the User Manual (How to Apply) and FAQ published in the link www.cochinshipyard.com (Careers page) before filling the online application. Candidates should not submit more than one application to the same post. Application once submitted shall be final.
- Candidates meeting the requirements notified may submit their application online through the online application facility from 08 August 2019 and the facility can be accessed through our website www.cochinshipyard.com (Careers page). Application submitted direct or by any other mode will not be accepted.
- Candidates are required to upload recent passport size photograph and signature as indicated in the user manual available in CSL web site. Finger print of candidates will be captured at the time of online examination for verification at the time of certificate verification/interview etc. as decided by CSL.
- After applying through online, candidates should retain a soft copy/ printout of the online application containing the unique registration number generated by the system for their reference. It is important to note that, the unique registration number will be obtained only upon successful submission of online application. The Registration Number on the online application should be quoted for any correspondence with CSL.
- Applicants need not send the online application print out/ certificates etc by post to Cochin Shipyard Ltd.
- The website will remain functional for the purpose of submitting applications from 08 August 2019 and the last date for submission of applications through online is 18 September 2019. In order to avoid heavy traffic in website on the last date that may result in non-submission of application, candidates are advised to log in to CSL website and submit applications well in advance before the last date.
- Cochin Shipyard Limited (CSL) is the largest shipbuilding and maintenance facility in India. It is part of a line of maritime-related facilities in the port-city of Kochi, in the state of Kerala, India.
- Of the services provided by the shipyard are building platform supply vessels and double-hulled oil tankers. Presently it is building the first indigenous aircraft carriers for the Indian Navy, the INS Vikrant.
- Cochin Shipyard was incorporated in 1972 as a Government of India company, with the first phase of facilities coming online in 1982. The company has Miniratna status.The yard has facilities to build vessels up to 1.1 million tons and repair vessels up to 1.25 million tons, the largest such facilities in India. In August 2012, the Government of India announced plans of divestment to raise capital of Rs. 15 billion (15,000 million Rupees) for further expansion through an Initial Public Offering (IPO) towards the end of the fiscal year.However, this did not materialise until August 2017, when the company conducted its IPO and listed its shares on the BSE and NSE.
- The government finalised the decision of stake sale on 18 November 2015. 33.9 million (33.9 million) shares of face value Rs. 10 Each will be sold, out of which the government is holding 113,000 shares while the others are fresh equity.
- The shipyard also trains graduate engineers in marine engineering.Around one hundred students are trained each year.
click above to download
the employment notification
click above to apply
now online or download form