Last Date:02 Nov,2019
Sikkim Public Service Commission (Sikkim PSC)
Sikkim PSC is inviting eligible candidates to apply online for 9 posts of Assistant Professor B.Ed College, Soreng in various subjects.Interested and Eligible Candidates may apply online by 02-11-2019 , after making sure that they meet the concerned eligibility criteria. All personal and educational details must be mentioned properly.
Name of the post – Assistant Professor
No of post – 09
Pay Scale – As per norms
Masters Degree in respective subjects with 55% marks with NE(SLET)/NET/SET or Ph. D AND M.Ed with min 55% marks.
General Information:karnataka government jobs
- Applications are invited from the eligible local candidates for filling up of 09 (nine) posts of Assistant Professor B.Ed College, Soreng in various subjects in the Level 16 of Pay Matrix under Education Department, Government of Sikkim through Direct Recruitment. All applications are invited through online mode only (www.spscskm.gov.in)
- All the essential qualifications must be obtained from a recognized University/Institute. By a recognized University/Institute is meant a University/Institute affiliated to UGC/Other Statutory apex bodies, or recognized by the State or Central Government as a centre of higher learning. In case of a foreign University, the Degree concerned should be recognized as equivalent to its Indian counterpart by the Association of Indian Universities.
- The candidates who have been awarded Ph.D. Degree in the same or in a relevant subject in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for award of Ph.D. Degree) Regulations. 2009 are exempted from qualifying in the Eligibility Test (NET/SLET/SET).
- Candidates registered for Ph.D. programme prior to July 11, 2009 shall be exempted from qualifying in the Eligibility Test (NET/SLET/SET) as given below :
- The award of Degree to candidates registered for the Ph.D. programme prior to July 11, 2009, shall be governed by the provisions of the then existing Ordinances/Bylaws/Regulations of the Institutions awarding the Degree and the candidates with Ph.D. Degree in the same or relevant subject shall be exempted from the requirement of NET/SLET/SET subject to the fulfillment of the following conditions:-
- Ph.D. Degree of the candidate awarded in regular mode only;
- Evaluation of the Ph.D. thesis by at least two external examiners;
- Open Ph.D. viva voce of the candidate had been conducted:
- Candidate has published two research papers from his/her Ph.D. work out of which at least one must be in a referred journal:
- Candidate has made at least two presentations in conferences/seminars based on his/her Ph.D. work. (a) to (e) as above are to be certified by the Vice-Chancellor/Pro-Vice Chancellor/Dean (Academic Affairs)/Dean (University Instructions).
- Candidate should go through the advertisement and read the instructions provided on the web page carefully before applying online. Applications received through any other mode shall not be accepted and shall be summarily rejected.
- The candidates are advised to apply online from our website http://spscskm.gov.in/ on or before 02/11/2019 upto 12 midnight. Application submitted after 02/11/2019 will not be accepted by the software and SPSC will not be responsible for the same.
- Application fee amounting to Rs 150/- only may be paid online through credit/debit card, Net Banking by Visa/Mastercard. The amount once deposited shall not be refunded or adjusted against any other purpose. Candidates belonging to PWD Category are exempted from paying the fees.
- e-Admit Cards can be downloaded and printed by the eligible candidates after a Notice for the same is published by the Commission in the official website i.e. http://spscskm.gov.in/
- Candidates are directed to bring a Photo Identity proof like (Aadhar Card, Voters Card, Driving Licence) alongwith valid e-Admit cards in the examination centre for proof of identity.
- Rejection list of candidates who do not qualify for the post as per the advertised criteria will be uploaded in the SPSC website on 11/11/2019 and if any of the rejected candidates have reservation on
rejection of application, they should submit their grievances along with justification to the office of the Controller, SPSC w.e.f. 12/11/2019 to 21/11/2019.
- No TA/DA is admissible for attending the examination/Interview.
- Admission at all the stages of examination for which candidates are admitted by the Commission viz. Written Examination and Interview Test will be purely provisional and is subject to satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions. If, on verification at any stage of the examination process, it is found that candidates do not fulfill any of the eligibility conditions, their candidature for the post will be cancelled by the Commission without notice.
- The Commission will entertain application on review or RTI/Correspondence only after the entire process of recruitment is complete.
- Any further instructions/Corrigendum/Addendum will be uploaded only on Sikkim Public Service Commission website.
- Sikkim became an integral part of the Indian Union in May, 1975. The Constitutional Provision under Article 315 to have a Public Service Commission for the State was fulfilled by constituting a State Public Service Commission in the year 1978. The Public Commission has actually started functioning from 1982 with the appointment of the Chairman and deputation of the staff from the State Government.
- Thereafter the Commission started to function in different rented buildings. At present the State Public Service Commission is located Old Tourism Building, M. G Marg, Gangtok.
- Consequent upon the decision of the Union Public Service Commission to declare Gangtok as one of the Centres for conducting Union Public Service Commission Examinations, the Sikkim Public Service Commission has been entrusted with the work of conducting Union Public Service Commission examinations in adition to direct recruitment of Group-‘C’ and Group-‘B’ posts and promotion of all Gazetted Posts, disciplinary matters and other matters entrusted by the State Government as per Sikkim Public Service Commission (Exemtion from Consltation) Regulations, 1986 as ammended from time to time.
click above to download
the employment notification
click above to apply
now online or download form