Last Date:28 Nov,2019
National Institute of Biomedical Genomics (NIBMG)
A Walkin Interview will be organized by National Institute of Biomedical Genomics (NIBMG) for appointing eligible candidates to work on 6 posts of Senior Software Engineer, Software Engineer and Bioinformatics Engineer on contract basis in the concerned project.Candidates have to appear with application format, Bio data and all original documents, photocopies of all certificates in the proof of age, caste, quaification, experience and photographs on 28-11-2019 (10:00 AM) at the given venue. Make sure that you meet the eligibility criteria before appearing in the Interview.
Name of the post – Engineer
No of post – 06
Pay Scale – Rs.48,000/-,Rs.35,000/-,Rs.25,000/-
M.Tech / B.Tech/ M.C.A/ M.Sc.
General Information:andhra pradesh government jobs
- National Supercomputing Mission (NSM) Platform for Genomics and Drug Discovery: Development of a fast, flexible, high performance computing framework to accelerate NGS omics-data analysis
- Massively Parallel Sequencing or Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) has taken the scientific community by storm. After commercial availability of the technology from last decade onwards, even modest sized laboratories and institutions all over the world can effectively produce petabytes of data in weeks. Earlier the most robust Sanger sequencing technology can only generate 0.003 Gb of sequence data in a month whereas the present day an average next generation sequencers can generate 50000 Gb per month. This revolution in data generation technology, warrants an array of statistical and computational advancement to translate information into knowledge. The stumbling blocks in translating the large volume of data (information) to biologically relevant inferences (knowledge) range from (a) information storage, retrieval of the raw data as-is generated from the sequencing machine – (b) large-scale fast computation and processing that is essential for the data to be useable by the general scientific community – (c) sophisticated analysis that is required in transforming the enormous information to knowledge. Of the above, currently, (a) and (b) almost entirely falls in the domain of computational experts and basic scientists without appropriate competence in computational skills, fail to engage. Moreover, a full appreciation of (a), (b)
and (c), particularly (b) and (c), require access to highly powerful computer architecture; which is even beyond the capability of a modest institute, let alone an individual. The objective of this project is to make available an easy and extremely flexible supercomputing analysis framework, preferably web-based, to the basic scientist. This would enable them to exercise their choice of programs sequentially in a seamless fashion to process the raw sequence data in accordance to their need and choice (i.e. (b)). It will also provide the research a wide array of tools for sophisticated data-analysis (i.e. (c)). The project also would keep in record, the usage of the programs and would analyze the data to optimize and synchronize among different programs and modules.
- These positions are contractual and appointments will be initially given for one year, which are extendable depending upon performance and requirements of the project.
- The date of walk-in interview is 28th November 2019 (Thursday) starting from 10:00AM. Candidates failing to show up at NIBMG reception BY 12:00 PM will NOT BE interviewed. The age limit is maximum 40 (forty) years on the day of the interview. No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview.
- The decision of NIBMG in all matters relating to eligibility, acceptance or rejection of application, mode of selection, and conduct of interviews will be final and binding on the candidates. In exceptionally meritorious cases, the eligibility requirements may be relaxed by the competent authority.
- The Institute is located close to the Kalyani Main Station. If you are coming by train, please get off at Kalyani Main Station, cross the railway tracks towards Platform# 3 using the over-bridge and take Rickshaw/ e-Rickshaw from Sangam Cinema Hall to “NIBMG Campus or Project Site”. Please check http://www.nibmg.ac.in/?q=content/reachnibmg for further information.
- National Institute of Biomedical Genomics (NIBMG) is a national level research institute for genomic medicine. It is located at Kalyani West Bengal—50 km from Kolkata. It has been established as an autonomous institution under the Department of Biotechnology, Government of India. This is the first institution in India explicitly devoted to research, training, translation and service and capacity-building in biomedical genomics.
- The Institute operates from a campus constructed on a 30-acre plot of land near Bidhanpally, Kalyani.
- All normal characteristics of humans, including behaviour, and diseases afflicting humans, have genetic components. Diseases are often the extremes of a normal continuum of human variation in normal characteristics. The genetic components underlying normal human variation and disease are incompletely understood. A clear understanding of these components will be ‘enabling’; enabling prediction, enabling prevention, enabling deceleration of progression, enabling therapy and enabling gain of biological knowledge. We are a primarily a research institution with the lofty goal of ‘enabling’; we wish to understand the genetic underpinnings of all major human diseases, particularly those that are of public-health importance in India, translate our research findings to reduce the burden of disease, and build a formidable team of enablers through collaboration and training. In other words, we are enablers of Genomic Medicine.
- The Institute is now operating from a huge 30-acre green campus with academic blocks, student and faculty housing and guest houses.
- Laboratories, equipment (including flow-cell sequencers, whole-genome genotyping and gene expression platforms, multiplex suspension array platform, high-end computing platforms,FACS Aria-FUSION etc.), bio-banking facility, state-of-the-art tissue culture facilities and stem cell laboratory, office space and class rooms have been established.
click above to download
the employment notification