Last Date:10 Sep,2019
Government Medical College and Hospital (GMCH)
GMCH Chandigarh) is inviting eligible candidates to apply online for 5 contractual posts of Research Scientist, Research Assistant and Laboratory Technician.Interested and Eligible Candidates may apply online by 10-09-2019 , after making sure that they meet the concerned eligibility criteria. All personal and educational details must be mentioned properly.
Name of the post – Research Scientist, Research Assistant and Laboratory Technician
No of post – 05
Pay Scale – Rs.65,000/ , Rs.60,000/- , Rs.30,000/- , Rs.25,000/-
MBBS/ BDS / B.VSc & AH OR BDS/ B.V.Sc Degre / BE/ B.Tech / Post Graduate .
General Information:latest andhra govt jobs
- Online application is to be submitted through www.gmch.gov.in.
- Applications should be in the prescribed format through online mode only. The online portal will close on September 10th, 2019 at 4:00 p.m.
- The eligibility criteria and qualifications for the said posts are given in Annexure —I.
- The age limit for the posts is 18 to 37 years as on the last date of online application submission i.e. September 10th, 2019. Age relaxation for women/SC/ST/OBC non¬creamy/persons with disabilities (PWD) will be given as per rules.
- The hardcopies of application (after submission of online application) along with self attested photocopies of certificates must reach in the office on or before September 20th, 2019 up to 4:00 p.m. in the office of Director Principal (Diary & dispatch section, Room no 228-A), Block D, GMCH, Chandigarh, failing which application will not be considered, even if online applied.
- It is the responsibility of the candidate to ensure that the applications are reached timely. Applications received after due date shall be summarily rejected.
- Incomplete applications or applications not accompanied by relevant documents will be summarily rejected. (Originals to be produced during the interview) a) Two recent passport size colour photograph.
- Set of self-attested photocopies of the relevant documents i.e. Date of birth certificate. Educational/ professional qualification certificate, Category certificate ,c) Experience certificate & d) NOC (In case of government job)
- Applications received in response to the advertisement will be scrutinized/ short listed and list of eligible candidates will be displayed on the website. www.gmch.gov.in.
- Depending on the number of applications received, candidates with desirable qualifications only (Armexure-I), may be called for written test/interview as decided by the competent authority.
- The decision for conducting a written test will be taken by the competent authority depending on the number of applications received for the post.
- Date and time of the interview/written test will be displayed later on the website www.gmch.gov.in
- The Competent Authority reserves the right of any amendment, cancellation and changes to this advertisement as a whole or in part without assigning any reason or giving notice.
- Informations / updates pertaining to this advertisement will be displayed on the institute website www.gmch.gov.in
- No individual intimation will be sent by GMCH to applicants. It will be the responsibility of applicants to keep abreast of the developments by visiting institute website regularly.
- Interview/written examination will be held at GMCH, Sector 32, Chandigarh. No TA/DA will be paid for attending the same.
- The decision of the competent authority regarding the selection of the candidate will be final and no representation will be entertained in this regard.
- Tenure: The assignments are purely on contract basis for a period of twelve months. These appointments will be made from the staff strength sanctioned to Medical VRDL and the appointments will not vest any right to claim by the candidate for regular appointment or permanent absorption in GMCH 32/DHR/ICMR or continued contractual appointment.
- Expiry of contract: The contract will automatically expire on completion of twelve months or earlier in case of withdrawal of support by funding agency. The contractual appointment can be terminated at any time by either side by giving 30 days’ notice or salary in lieu thereof.
- He/She may have to work in shifts. In emergency situation, staff may be put on night duty as well. Staff may have to go on field visits and travel outstation for training programmes.
- Chandigarh the ‘City Beautiful’ has one of the best educational facilities in the country. Besides the Panjab University and the Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education & Research, it has an Engineering College, College of Arts, College of Architecture, a number of Government and Private Degree Colleges and other prestigious and important research institutions. However city lacked a Medical College for graduate i.e. MBBS and postgraduate studies for the students belonging to Chandigarh. Chandigarh Administration decided to establish a Medical College in Chandigarh to remove this deficiency. For this purpose the Department of Medical Education & Research was created. In pursuance of the No Objection Certificate issued by the Government of India, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, vide their U.O. No. 12013/31-90ME(P) dated 15-01-91 Government Medical College was started in 1991 with following broad objectives,
- To fulfill the glaring deficiency of an undergraduate Medical College in the Union Territory of Chandigarh which offers the best educational facilities in all other fields. The Government Medical College will be attached to a teaching hospital.
- To act as a center for Continuing Medical Education Programmes for various categories of technical and non-technical personnel of different disciplines working within and from other institutions/hospitals.
- The foundation stone laying ceremony was performed by the former Hon’ble Prime Minister of India, Shri Chandra Shekhar on 20 January, 1991 in Sector 32 on the quilt of 36.09 acre of land allotted by the Chandigarh Administration. Construction for this College and Hospital started in 1991 itself. In the meantime Government Medical College started functioning from Prayaas building, Sector 38, Chandigarh with General Hospital, Sector 16 as an attached teaching hospital.
- The College was granted provisional affiliation for the MBBS course by the Panjab University, vide letter No. 8334/Misc. dated 12.9.91, and permanent affiliation vide letter No.2730/A-4/Misc. dated 3.4.99 for 50 admissions annually. Admissions to this Medical College have strictly been on merit on the basis of competitive examinations conducted by CBSE and Combined Entrance Test conducted by the Panjab University/NEET. The first batch of 50 students was admitted in August, 1991 and each subsequent year similar batches have been admitted. The first academic session was inaugurated in September, 1991 by Sh. Baleshwar Rai, the then Adviser to the Administrator of Chandigarh. The first batch of students passed their final MBBS examinations conducted by the Panjab University in January, 1996 and completed their 12 months compulsory rotating internship in January, 1997. College has been recognized for the award of MBBS degree by Government of India, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare w.e.f. 30 December, 1996, vide letter No.34(41)98-Med./21035 dated 9.11.98, and has been included in the list of recognized Medical Colleges by the Medical Council of India vide letter No.MCI-34(41)97-Med/2276 dated 25.4.97.
- It has been consistently ranked among top 25 medical institutions in India.
- It now offers postgraduate courses in Anaesthesiology, Anatomy, Dermatology, ENT, Forensic Medicine, General Surgery, Microbiology, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Paediatrics, Pathology, Psychiatry, Pulmonary Medicine, Ophthalmology and Orthopaedics with total annual intake of 40 students. Postgraduate courses in other remaining subjects will be started soon.
click above to download
the employment notification
click above to apply
now online or download form