Last Date:15 Dec,2019
National Institute of Technology (NIT)
NIT Uttarakhand is inviting eligible candidates to apply online for 5 contractual posts of Assistant Professor.Interested and Eligible Candidates may apply online by 15-12-2019 and send print of online application to given address latest by 31-12-2019, after making sure that they meet the concerned eligibility criteria. All personal and educational details must be mentioned properly
Name of the post – Assistant Professor
No of post – 05
Pay Scale – Rs 71000 – 101500
Ph.D. and 1-3 yrs experience.
General Instruction:bank jobs
- The Institute will retain completed online applications data for non-shortlisted candidates only for three months after completion of recruitment process.
- Candidates who wish to apply for more than one post should apply separately for each post in the prescribed manner and separate application must be submitted for each post.
- Applications which are not in prescribed form / without relevant supporting enclosures may be out rightly rejected. No correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
- Request for individual acknowledgements shall not be considered. Those who want acknowledgement may send their applications by Speed Post/Registered Post/Courier.
- Candidates should indicate two references of eminent persons in the field/ profession who may be contacted by the Selection Committee for their recommendations. Shortlisted/Screened candidates will have to arrange recommendations from these references, to be sent directly to the Director, NIT Uttarakhand.
- Only candidates who are located outside the country or otherwise who are not in a position of attending Personal Interview, may be interviewed over Video Conferencing or be selected in absentia at the discretion of the Selection Committee.
- NIT Uttarakhand strives to have a workforce which also reflects gender balance and hence, female candidates are especially encouraged to apply.
- As an Institute of national importance, NIT Uttarakhand strives to have a workforce which reflects an all-India character and hence candidates from all over the country are encouraged to apply.
- The Scrutiny Committee of the Institute has the right to set higher norms than minimum and change the areas of specialization while shortlisting, taking into account the specific requirements of the individual departments of the Institute. The shortlisting norms may not be uniform across the departments of the Institute and will be binding on the applicants. The decision of the Institute, related to all matters pertaining to the recruitment shall be final and a binding on the applicants. Any dispute arising during the document verification stage, will be dealt by the Selection Committee and the decision of the Selection Committee shall be final.
- The date for determining eligibility of candidates in every respect i.e. qualifications, experience and preferred age limit etc. shall be considered as on 31/12/2019, i.e. the last date of the advertisement.
- In case of any inadvertent mistake in the process of selection which may be detected at any stage even after the issue of offer of appointment, the Institute reserves the right to withdraw/cancel/modify any communication made to the candidates.
- More than six months of experience in relevant regular position in any organization will only be counted in total experience. The decision of the Scrutiny Committee/selection Committee, related to all such matters shall be final and binding on the applicants.
- In addition to facing the Selection Committee, the shortlisted candidates may be required to appear for presentation/seminar in the respective departments.
- The personal interview shall be conducted at NITUK–Parent Campus, Srinagar (Garhwal).
- The shortlisted candidates shall be required to appear for the presentation and/or Interview.
- The candidates attending the Personal Interview shall be paid to & fro second class railway fare by shortest route by an electronic transfer at a later date, subject to production of valid tickets and caste/PWD certificate. SC/ST/ Divyaang candidates already in Central/State Government organizations, Autonomous Body, Public Sector Units etc. service are not eligible for the same. The claim may be provided in the prescribed proforma (Annexure-VII).
- Mere fulfillment of eligibility criteria does not guarantee candidates being called for Personal Interview. The Institute reserves the right to restrict number of candidates to be called for Personal Interview by short-listing the applications on the basis of higher benchmark for shortlisting criteria as may be decided by the Institute.
- The applicants are advised to visit the Institute website www.nituk.ac.in regularly. The list of candidates shortlisted for further participation in the selection process such as presentation/Interview etc. will be displayed on the Institute website. No separate communication/intimation in this regards shall be made by the Institute.
- Any vigilance/disciplinary cases should not be pending against the candidates working in the any Govt. Organizations. In such cases, application shall not be considered or scrutinized.
- The Institute reserves the right not to fill up the posts, cancel the advertisement in whole or in part, without assigning any reason and its decision in this regard shall be final.
- Incomplete applications or applications without relevant supporting enclosures or applications not in prescribed form will be out rightly rejected. The Institute will not be responsible for any postal delay. Interim correspondence will not be entertained or replied to.
- All related certificates, in original, proving the eligibility are mandatory to be produced during document verification. Without original certificates proving eligibility, candidature shall be out rightly rejected at the time of document verification.
- The decision of the NIT Uttarakhand in all matters relating to eligibility, acceptance or rejection of the applications, penalty for false information, mode of selection, conduct of examination(s), selection and allotment of posts/organizations to selected candidates will be final and binding on the candidates and no enquiry / correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
- Helpline e-mail ID for technical query and form submission is email@example.com and for any administrative query is firstname.lastname@example.org.
- National Institute of Technology, Uttarakhand (NITUK) is one of the 31 National Institutes of Technologies in the country. Since its inception, this Institute has grown many fields and has established itself as one of the best Technical Educational Institutes. NITUK is established in 2009 under the Act of Parliament by Ministry of Human Resource Development. At present, the Institute have about 1006 undergraduates, 112 postgraduates and 15 Ph.D. scholars. The Institute offers full time B. Tech. and M.Tech. Program in Computer Science & Engineering, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and Civil Engineering with an intake of 65 (including 5 DASA students) and 15 students respectively in each branch.
- Under-graduate students are selected through JEE. (Main) & DASA and Post-graduate students are selected through CCMT.The Institute also offers Ph.D. program in various streams of Engineering, Science and Humanities. NITUK is also involved in numerous R&D activities funded through various government and private agencies. The temporary campus of NITUK is situated in the beautiful valley of Srinagar (Garhwal) at Government Polytechnic. The Institute‟s buildings in Government Polytechnic houses Department of Sciences and Humanities, Class Rooms, Library, Dispensary, Server Room, Auditorium, Playground and Hostels. NITUK has extended the temporary campus by fabricating three new buildings and one cricket ground in the old ITI campus. New laboratories in various Departments have been constructed with advanced facilities.
- Engineering Departments and administrative offices have been shifted to the new campus. The Institute has got wide space for each Department with construction spread over more than 14,000 sq. meter (1,50,000 sq. feet) of area.
- NITUK has made a very rapid growth in the recent past in terms of starting new academic programs, revision of academic curriculum, development of laboratories and infrastructure. The under-graduate programs have been made credits based and a large number of electives are offered to the students. At present, NITUK has faculty strength of 51.
click above to download
the employment notification
click above to apply
now online or download form