Last Date:23 Apr,2019
Advertisement No. NABI/8(54)/2019-GAP-29
National Agri Food Biotechnology Institute (NABI)
National Agri Food Biotechnology Institute (NABI) intends to hire 8 positions of Research Associate, JRF and Various on contract basis for its operations purely for temporary requirement.Eligible Candidates may appear for walk-in-Interview on 23-04-2019 (09:00 AM). The contract period would be extendable up to a maximum period depending upon requirement and the performance of the individuals.
Name of the post – Research Associate, JRF and Various
No of post – 08
Pay Scale – Rs.47,000/-,Rs.35,000/-,Rs.18,000/-
Ph.D/ MD/MS/MDS/Post graduate degree in Basic Science Or Graduate/Post Graduate in professional course and NET/ GATE.
General Instructions:employment news
- National Agri-Food Biotechnology Institute (NABI) is an autonomous Institute under Department of Biotechnology, Government of India. NABI aims at catalysing the transformation of Agri-food sector in India by being a nodal organization for knowledge generation and translational science leading to value-added products based on Agri-Food biotech innovations for improved household nutritional security. Since its inception in 2010,NABI is involved in research activities for the Bio fortification, development of designer crops for improved nutrition, providing sustainable and novel solutions towards quality food and nutrition, and development of evidence based functional foods to counter malnutrition.Food and nutritional Biotechnology division at NABI requires following research personnel purely on temporary basis.
- This is a NABI’s flagship program, which is funded by Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India. The network project “Development of Bio-fortified and Protein-rich Wheat” will be executed in collaboration among seven networkpartners. The project will include i) evaluation of wheat germplasms for Fe, Zn,folate, and grain protein content, starch quality and antinutritional factors, ii) Validation and characterization of available genes/QTLs/markers for micronutrients, iii) Development of mapping populations (F2, RILs, NILs, BCs) for genetic analysis, iv) Development of high density linkage maps and QTL maps using high thoughput SNPs, v) Epistatics interactions (QTLxQTL, QTL x environment) analysis, and vi) development of wheat varieties with enhanced micronutrient content and enhanced bioavailability and bio-accessibility.The manpower.
- Manpower:- Research Associate (RA) 02 Positions
- PhD/ MD/MS/MDS or equivalent degree or having three years of research, teaching and design and development experience after MVSc/M.Pharma/ME/M.Tech with at least one research paper in Science Citation Index (SCI) Journal.
- Experience in plant or agricultural biotechnology, classical breeding & molecular breeding, marker (SSR & SNP) development, QTL mapping, association mapping, gene introgression, genomics and functional genomics tools such as NGS data analysis and gene expression analysis, animal biotechnology or related field.
- Experience candidates are required for RA/pdf positions for Gene introgression and development of pre-breeding materials for QTL mapping for high iron,zinc, low phyate and grain protein content; SNP identification, linkage and association analysis; Bioinformatics and biostatical analysis of sequence data and phenotypic data in wheat; etc.
- Junior Research Fellow (JRF) for first two years In 3rd year, JRF to be converted into Senior research fellow (SRF) (03 Positions).
- Scholars are selected through National Eligibility Tests-CSIR UGC NET including Lectureship (Assistant Professorship) and GATE.
- The selection process through National level examinations conducted by Central Government Departments and their agencies and institutions such as DST, DBT,DAE,DOS,DRDO,MHRD,ICAR,ICMR,IIT,IISc,IISER etc.
- Crossing for development of pre-breeding and biparental mapping populations for high iron, zinc, low phytate and grain protein content in wheat; development of association mapping panel in wheat for high iron, zinc, low phyate; DNA and RNA extraction; PCR reaction, SSR and SNP genotyping; phenotyping of micronutrients in wheat; qRT-PCR and sequencing; Off-season growing of plants in green house and plant growth chambers and at off-season stations in HP; multi-location field experiments; biochemical analysis; molecular biology works, large scale population analysis, etc.
- All interested candidates may appear for walk-in-interview at NABI located at Knowledge City, Sector-81, Mohali-140306, Punjab, India on April 23rd, 2019 (Tuesday) at 09:00 AM along-with duly filled application form available on the websitewww.nabi.res.in.
- The duly filled application form must be submitted at the time of registration at NABIreception desk from 0900 Hrs to 1100 Hrs on April 23rd, 2019 (Tuesday). The candidates must ascertain their eligibility before applying, as ineligible candidates will not be
interviewed. All the candidates are requested to appear for the interview with full CV,thesis/project report, publications and original degree certificates and transcripts.
- No TA/DA will be paid for appearing in the interview.
- The selected candidate will be informed by e-mail and the result will be uploaded at NABI’s website.
- Food and nutritional security for all through agri-food biotechnology research and innovation.
- To be a centre of excellence and provide leadership in agri-food biotechnology research.
- Improving nutritional quality and availability of affordable agri-food and food products through innovations.
- National Agri-Food Biotechnology Institute (NABI) is the first Agri-Food Biotechnology Institute, established in India on 18th February 2010. The institute aims at catalysing the transformation of Agri-food sector in India. The institute has the vision to be a nodal organization for knowledge generation and translational science leading to value-added products based on Agri-Food biotech innovations. The main research focus of NABI is to harness biotechnological tools in the area of Agriculture Biotechnology, Food and Nutritional Biotechnology so as to provide sustainable and novel solutions towards quality food and nutrition.
- Activities undertaken at NABI under different areas includes,1-Agricultural Biotechnology,2-Food and Nutritional Biotechnology,3-Human Resource Development,4-Meeting and Courses and,5-Technology Transfer and Outreach.
- The institute has developed strong linkages with National and International organizations and industries. The institute is part of agri-food cluster in the “Knowledge City” of Mohali (Punjab) along with its neighboring institutes.
- Indian agriculture has undergone complete transformation post-independence. In the beginning, high yielding plant varieties were developed by hybridization followed by selection for higher yield and resistance to biotic and abiotic stresses which lead to the Green Revolution. Being highly populated country, foremost objectives was to provide sufficient food to feed the millions of hungry mouths, hence major emphasis was on quantity rather than nutritional quality of the agricultural produce. Now we are facing a major challenge from the Hidden Hunger because of malnutrition in a sizable section of the society. Hence, there is urgent need to develop crop varieties bio-fortified with proteins and micronutrients. To supplement the ongoing efforts in the country, Department of Biotechnology, Govt. of India established National Agri-Food Biotechnology Institute at Mohali, Punjab in 2010 to undertake various overlapping research activities encompassing the areas of Agriculture, Food and Nutrition biology. Presently, the institute is working in the area of improving cereals for nutrition and processing quality, genome editing, genomics and computational biology approaches for marker and gene discovery. The major emphasis of the institute would be on the following programmes:1-Development of designer crops with high nutrition, increased shelf life and processing quality,2-Genomics and computational biology for marker and gene discovery,3-Basic biology for crop improvement.
click above to download
the employment notification