Last Date:24 June,2019
Advt. No.: Advt./Faculty-NITK/Estt./2019/B1
National Institute of Technology (NIT)
National Institute of Technology Karnataka (NITK) invites Application for the post of 67 Associate Professor & Professor Vacancy. Apply before 24 June 2019. Qualification/ eligibility conditions, how to apply & other rules are given below…
Name of the post – Associate Professor & Professor
No of post – 67
Pay Scale – Pay Band – 4
General Instruction:upsc notifications
- Vacancies are available in the Dept. of Applied Mechanics and Hydraulics,Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering,Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering,Information Technology, Mathematical and Computational Sciences, Mechanical Engineering, Metallurgical and Materials Engineering, Physics, School of Management.
- The detailed recruitment rules containing required qualifications, experience and other terms and conditions for the advertised positions are given in Annexure-I, attached to this document. This is as per the Recruitment Rules published in the Ministry of HRD (Dept. of Higher Education) Notification dated 21st July, 2017 in Gazette of India,EXTRAORDINARY PART II—Section 3—Sub-section (i) dated 24th July, 2017 and the various communications issued by the MHRD annexed with this notification. The candidates are requested to go through the above mentioned documents thoroughly before submitting the application. Preferred areas of specializations in various Departments are given in Annexure-II attached to this document. However, candidates with other relevant areas of specializations may also be considered.
- The application form has to be submitted in two modes (online and printed). 1.To submit the form online, the recruitment link posted on the NITK homepage(www.nitk.ac.in) may please be checked. All relevant documents have to be uploaded in the recruitment portal along with the application form. A PDF copy of the application form will be generated. 2.The generated PDF copy has to be downloaded and printout to be sent to NITK by Speed/Registered Post. All the necessary certificates with self-attested (including the ones uploaded in the recruitment portal) have to be enclosed along with the application form.Candidates applying for more than one Department are required to submit separate application forms (both online and printed). The same login can be used to apply for multiple departments.
- Concessions and reservation for Persons with disability (PwD) is as per Govt. of India norms. They are required to submit the medical certificate in the prescribed form issued by the competent authorities for the purpose of employment as per Government of India (GoI) norms along with their application. Persons suffering from not less than 40% of the disability shall only be eligible for the benefit of reservation.
- Besides the applicable Pay Level of the respective positions as per 7th CPC, admissible allowances like DA, HRA, CCA etc. are payable in accordance with Central Government/ Institute Rules in force from time to time.
- Experienced and meritorious candidates may be granted higher pay on recommendation of the Selection Committee.
- Mere fulfillment of the required qualifications and experience, does not entitle a candidate to be called for interview / selection. The Institute reserves the right to fill or not fill any of the positions.
- The Screening committee shall shortlist the eligible and most desirable candidates to be called for seminar, interview from amongst the applicants, based on specialization, availability of candidates, and requirements of the Departments. In doing so it shall not be bound by the options exercised by the applicants.
- The Institute reserves the right to restrict the number of candidates for seminar and interview to a reasonable limit, on the basis of credentials higher than those prescribed in this advertisement.
- Candidates in Govt. service should send their applications through proper channel. If original application is routed through proper channel, a photocopy of the application should be sent in advance so as to reach NITK before the prescribed last date. Such candidates are required to produce “No Objection Certificate” at the time of interview, failing which they may not be considered for interview.
- The PwD candidates and attendant will be reimbursed travel cost wherever applicable, as per Govt. of India guidelines. However, local travel and other costs if any, shall be borne by the candidates.
- Selected candidates should be prepared to join duty within the time granted.
- Candidates are advised to browse the Institute Website: www.nitk.ac.in for other relevant information.
- Applicants are to register with a valid e-mail ID in the recruitment portal. Call letters to eligible candidates will be issued through e-mail only. List of eligible candidates called for Seminar / Interview will be uploaded in the Institute website.
- No correspondence whatsoever will be entertained from candidates regarding reason for not being called for interview / outcome of interview.
- The candidate is responsible for the correctness of the information provided in the application. If it is found, at a later date, that any information given in the application is incorrect / false, the candidature / appointment is liable to be cancelled / terminated.
- National Institute of Technology Karnataka (NITK), formerly known as Karnataka Regional Engineering College (KREC), also known as NITK Surathkal, is a public engineering university at Surathkal, Mangalore. It was founded in 1960 as KREC while today, it is one of the 31 National Institutes of Technology in India and is recognised as an Institute of National Importance by the Government of India. It has a suburban campus, in close proximity to the Arabian Sea. National Highway 66 runs through the campus and serves as the major mode of access.
- The foundation stone for Karnataka Regional Engineering College (KREC) was laid on 6 August 1960,at Surathkal. It was made possible through the efforts of U. Srinivas Mallya and V. S. Kudva and the area is now called Srinivasnagar in his honour. KREC began with three under-graduate courses in engineering: Mechanical, Electrical, and Civil, with affiliation to the University of Mysore. 1965 saw the beginning of under-graduate courses in Chemical and Metallurgical Engineering. In 1966, the college started its first postgraduate course in Marine Structures and Industrial Structures, followed by post-graduate courses in Industrial Electronics (1969), Heat Power (1971), Hydraulics and Water Resources (1971), Chemical Plant Design Engineering (1971) and Process Metallurgy (1972).
- More under-graduate engineering courses were added later: Electronics and Communication Engineering (1971), Mining Engineering (1984), Computer Engineering (1986) and information technology (2000). In 1980, KREC came under the affiliation of Mangalore University, and the five-year under-graduate courses were shortened to four-years. On 26 June 2002, it was elevated to the status of a National Institute of Technology and has been called NIT Karnataka (NITK) ever since. It is now a Deemed University. NITK celebrated its 50th Institute Foundation day on 6 August 2009. The year-long Golden Jubilee celebrations were inaugurated on 10 August 2009.
click above to download
the employment notification
click above to apply
now online or download form