Indian Air Force
Indian Air Force invites application for the post of 163 AFCAT (01/2019) Entry & NCC Special Entry. Apply Online before 30 December 2018. Indian Air Force Recruitment Qualification/ eligibility conditions, how to apply & other rules are given below… Official website is www.indianairforce.nic.in
Name of the post – AFCAT (01/2019) Entry & NCC Special Entry
No of post – 163
Pay Scale – 56100 – 110700/- (Level -10)
General Information:latest karnataka govt jobs
- LLB qualified and integrated/ dual degree candidates may get an opportunity to be employed on legal duties of the IAF (after commissioning).
- In case the candidates are awarded grades/ CGPA instead of marks,the conversion of grades/ CGPA to percentage of marks would be based on the procedure certified by the University from where they have obtained the degree. In case the University does not have any scheme for converting CGPA to percentage conversion certificate, CGPA will be converted into 10 points scale and multiplied by 10 to get equivalent percentage.
- Candidates who are studying in the final year/ semester Degree course and are yet to pass the final year degree examination can also apply provided candidate should not have any present backlog and should have secured a minimum of 60% marks up to the last semester/year for which results have
been declared up to the time of submission of application. They are required to submit proof of passing the Degree Examination by 30 Nov 2019 and no request for extending this date will be entertained on the grounds of late conduct of basic qualifying University Examination, delay in declaration of results or any other ground whatsoever.
- Candidates who have failed the Computerised Pilot Selection System (CPSS)/ Pilot Aptitude Battery Test (PABT) in an earlier attempt or a Flight Cadet suspended from flying training at Air Force Academy will not be eligible to apply in Flying Branch.
- Candidates who were admitted to an earlier course at the National Defence Academy, Indian Military Academy, Air Force Academy, Indian Naval Academy, Officers’Training Academy, Chennai and Officer’s Training Academy Gaya but were removed on grounds of indiscipline are ineligible to apply.
- Candidates who are debarred by the Ministry of Defence from holding any type of commission in the Defence Services shall not be eligible for AFCAT and if admitted, their candidature will be cancelled.
- Candidates must be physically fit according to the prescribed physical standards.
- Medical Examination will be conducted at AFCME, New Delhi or IAM, Bengaluru based on candidates recommended by the AFSB. Non-reporting of candidates on allotted date for medicals could lead to cancellation of candidature. Male candidates will undergo a medical examination by a Board of Service Medical Officers. Women candidates will undergo Medical Examination by a Medical Board comprising of male/ female doctors/ specialists/ Gynaecologist. There will be a Lady Medical Officer as Member of Board. Only those candidates will be admitted to the Academy who are declared fit by the Medical Board. However, the candidates declared unfit will be intimated by the President of the Medical Board and procedure for request for an Appeal Medical Board (AMB) will also be intimated to the candidate.
- Candidates who are unfit may apply for AMB to be completed within 42 days of SMB and may request for Review Medical Board (RMB) within one day of completion of Appeal Medical Board. Candidates declared unfit by AMB will be intimated by the President AMB about procedure of challenging the findings of AMB. The candidates will also be intimated that holding RMB will be granted at the discretion of DGAFMS based on the merit of the case and that RMB is not a matter of right. The candidate should address the request for RMB if he/she so desires to DMS (MB)/DGMS (Air), Air HQ, R.K. Puram and a copy of the same is to be handed over to the President of AMB. The office of the DGAFMS will inform the date and place (Delhi and Pune only) where the candidate will appear for an RMB.
- You will be screened for your height and weight at AFSB. In case you do not meet the height criterion when you report to AFSB, you may not be tested.Overweight/obese candidate would be issued with a letter of caution and advised to reduce weight within the specified limits before reporting for medicals. Maximum permissible weight deviation is 01 Standard Deviation (SD) as per the height and weight standards for men and women, failing which the above mentioned letters of caution would be issued.
- The minimum acceptable height for men and women candidates in Flying Branch is 162.5 cms, Leg Length: Min – 99 cms, Max -120 cms. Thigh Length: Max – 64 cms, Sitting Height: Min – 81.5 cms, Max – 96 cms (No concession for age/ sex/ region).
- The minimum acceptable height for male candidates in Ground Duty (Technical/Non-technical) Branch is 157.5 cms. For women candidates, minimum acceptable height is 152 cms. (For Gorkhas and individual belonging to hills of NorthEastern region of India, Garhwal and Kumaon, the minimum acceptable height will be 5 cms less. In case of candidates from Lakshadweep, the minimum acceptable height will be 2 cms less than what is applicable to men and women respectively).
- The candidate must be in good physical and mental health and free from any disease/disability which is likely to interfere with the efficient performance of duties.
- There should be no evidence of weak constitution, bodily defects or overweight.
- In your own interest you are advised to undergo a preliminary medical check up for wax in ears, refractory error of eyes and fungal infection of skin etc. before reporting for the AFSB interview.
- Chest should be well developed. The minimum range of expansion after one inspiration should be 5 cms. The measurement will be taken with a measuring tape at a level 1 cm below the nipples in front and just below the angles of the scapulae behind, in standing position with arms by the side. X-Ray of the chest is compulsory and will be taken to rule out any disease of the chest.
- There should be no sign of functional or organic disease of the heart and blood vessel. Blood pressure should be normal and Seropositive HIV status and/ or evidence of STD will entail rejection.
- The muscles of abdomen should be well developed and there should be no enlargement of liver or spleen. Any evidence of disease of internal organs of the abdomen will be a cause for rejection.
Starting Date for Submission of Online Application:01-12-2018.
Last Date for Submission of Online Application:30-12-2018.
Interested Candidates may apply Online through the website https://careerindianairforce.cdac.in OR https://afcat.cdac.in form 01.12.2018 to 30.12.2018.
click above to download
the employment notification
click above to apply
now online or download form