Last Date:28 March,2019
Advt. No. 14
Punjab Public Service Commission (Punjab PSC)
Punjab PSC is inviting application from eligible candidates to fill up 33 posts of Unani Medical Officer in Department of health and family welfare Government of Punjab.Interested are required to apply only through online mode latest by 28-03-2019. Before filling form should make sure that they meet the concerned eligibility criteria as per notification. Candidates are required to fill all personal and educational details properly.
Name of the post – Unani Medical Officer
No of post – 33
Pay Scale – Rs 10300 – 34800 + GP 5400
BUMS (Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery).
General Instructions:psu jobs
- Only Scheduled Castes, Backward Classes, Ex-Servicemen/ LDESM, Physically Handicapped, Freedom Fighter & Sports Persons of Punjab domicile are eligible for the benefit of reservation.
- A candidate should indicate the specific category for which he/she wants to be considered and category once opted cannot be changed under any circumstances.
- SC/ST Candidates belonging to other States are required to fill their Post Category as General Category (Code 71). They are entitled only to fee concession but not entitled to avail reservation/age relaxation.
- Ex-servicemen/Lineal Descendent of Ex-Servicemen (LDESM)/Grand children of Gallantry Award Winners who have domicile of Punjab are eligible for reservation under the Ex-Servicemen category. LDESM/Grand children of Gallantry Award Winners shall be considered against the vacancies for Ex-servicemen ONLY IF no Ex-servicemen are available. In case sufficient numbers of Ex-servicemen are available, then LDESM shall be treated as General Category candidates.
- Candidates should select their categories carefully, because candidates belonging to categories other than category 71 (General), are entitled to fee concession/exemption, age relaxation and job reservation. The category once selected by a candidate will not be changed under any circumstances. Candidates shall submit certificates issued by the Competent Authority in support of their claim to a particular category
- Candidates claiming to be son/grandson/daughter/granddaughter of Freedom Fighters are required to submit a certificate issued by the competent authority (i.e., Deputy Commissioner of the district concerned) as per Punjab Government Instructions No.9 (13) 3P-II-84/5822 dated 4/4/1985, No.1(135)-8PII/7/310/20,dated 19.6.91 and No. 4-13-8 P-11-97/10112 dated 22/8/1997.
- Only those Freedom Fighters and their son/daughter/grand-son/grand-daughter are eligible for consideration for reservation under this category who:
- belong to the State of Punjab; and have either been granted a Freedom Fighter pension by the Punjab Government or have been awarded Tamra Patra by the Government of India; or are otherwise eligible for the grant of Freedom Fighter pension and Tamra Patra but for any reason whatsoever did not apply for Freedom Fighter pension and Tamra Patra but can obtain Freedom Fighter/ son/daughter/grand son/grand-daughter of Freedom Fighter certificate from the General Administration (Political wing) of the Punjab Government.
- The persons serving in the Armed Forces of the Union, who on retirement from service would come under the category of “Ex-servicemen‖, may be permitted to apply for re-employment one year before the completion of specified terms of engagement and avail themselves of all concessions available to Ex-servicemen but shall not be permitted to leave the uniform until they complete the specified terms of engagement in the Armed Forces of the Union.
- As per Punjab Govt. letter No.15/25/2001-4DW/1591 dated 21/5/2002 an Exserviceman is allowed the benefit of Reservation for the second time and even thereafter in subsequent recruitment in according with the provisions of these Rules.
- Provided that where an Ex-serviceman is not available for recruitment against a reserved category, such a vacancy shall be reserved to be filled in by recruitment of either the wife or one descendent child of an Ex-serviceman.
- Candidates are advised in their own interest to apply using Online Application Form much before the closing date and not to wait till the last date to avoid congestion on the web server on account of heavy load on Internet/Website.
- Candidates are advised to go through the ‘General Information for the candidates’ and ‘Instructions for filling Online Application Form’ carefully before filling up Online Application Form. The Commission will not be responsible for any consequence arising out of in correct filling up of Application.
- For any General query, candidates may contact the Commission’s Office on telephone number 0175-5014826, 5014831 or by sending email with subject as “GENERAL QUERY REGARDING THE POST OF Unani Medical Officer to email@example.com
- The candidates entitled to fee concession/exemption MUST submit with their Application Form, a self attested copy of the certificate certifying their claim for fee concession/exemption. Candidates who do not submit such a certificate shall not be entitled to fee concession/exemption under any circumstances.
- Application fee MUST be submitted through any Branch of State Bank of India only. Candidate should carefully fill the details in the Online Application Form and click on the “SUBMIT” button at the end of the Online Application Format. Before pressing the “SUBMIT” Button, candidates are advised to verify every detail filled in the application. After submitting the online application form, the candidate should take a printout of the system generated Bank challan. No Change/Edit will be allowed after Submitting the Application Form. The application fee is non-refundable.
- The Punjab Public Service Commission (PPSC), established in April, 1937, is the oldest Provincial Public Service Commission of Pakistan. It was established under the Government of India Act, 1935 and presently It is functioning in accordance with the ambit of Punjab Public Service Commission Ordinance, 1978 and Punjab Public Service Commission (Functions) Rules, 1979.
- Select and recommend suitable candidates through a merit-based, transparent and expeditious process to promote excellence, professionalism and competence in the Punjab Public Service and render advice to Government.
- JOINT PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION, THE PRECURSOR OF THE PUNJAB PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION, WITH ITS WRIT RUNNING FROM THE KHYBER PASS TO THE JAMUNA NEAR DELHI, WAS BORN AT LAHORE ON MAY 1,1937. IN THE WAKE OF THE PARTITION, THE PUNJAB PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION RESURGED IN FEBRUARY, 1948, AT SHIMLA WITH ITS REVISED JURISDICTION EXTENDING OVER THE THEN PROVINCE OF EAST PUNJAB. FOLLOWING THE MERGER OF THE STATES OF PUNJAB AND PEPSU, IT SHIFTED TO PATIALA ON NOV.1ST,1956. ON 1STNOV1966, ITS TERRITORIAL JURISDICTION AGAIN DECREASED DUE TO THE FORMATION OF THE STATES OF HARYANA AND HIMACHAL PRADESH.
click above to download
the employment notification
click above to apply
now online or download form