Last Date:15 April,2019
Advt. No. : EST/1-151/2019(B3)
Odisha Postal Circle
Odisha Postal Circle invites application for the post of 4392 Gramin Dak Sevak (GDS). Apply Online before 15 April 2019. Odisha Postal Circle Recruitment Qualification/eligibility conditions, how to apply & other rules are given below… Official Website is www.odisha.postalcareers.in
Name of the post – Gramin Dak Sevak (GDS)
No of post – 4392
Pay Scale – 10000/- (Per Month)
10th Standard Passed.
General Information:himachal government jobs
- The appointing authority of each post reserves the right to modify or cancel the notification of a post at any time without assigning any reason.Candidates should note that once the details of Registration or of application are submitted the details can not be modified or altered. No such requests will be entertained at any level.
- This document is computer generated no signature is required.
- All queries of candidates may be mailed to and queries related to website may be given to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applicant of category OC/OBC/EWS Male should pay a fee of Rs. 100/- ( Rupees one hundred) for each set of five options. Candidate who requires to make the payment has to visit any Head Post Office or other identified Post Offices In India. Names of the offices are available in the website http://appost.in/gdsonline.
- The applicant can also pay the fee through online mode of payment using the URL provided in the Home page. All recognized Credit/Debit cards and Net Banking facility can be availed for this purpose. Charges applicable for usage of Debit/Credit cards and net banking as per the rules from time to time will be levied to the candidates.
- For making the payment of fee the candidate should refer the Registration Number in all cases.
- However, payment of fee is exempted for all Female candidates as well PwD candidates. They may apply online directly through the provided link in the Website.
- In a Year all the circles will notify required GDS vacancies in one or more times. Each time will be referred with cycle number.
- In case candidate willfully uploads wrong documents/information and unnecessary documents, his candidature will not be considered. Similarly in case the candidate enter marks erroneously either high or low with reference to marks list uploaded then the candidature will also not be considered.
- The candidate will get an SMS on his provisional selection on the prescribed date after selection. Mere getting SMS or any other communication on selection will not entitle the candidate to claim for regular selection/appointment. The final selection/appointment will be based on satisfactory completion of verification and genuineness of all educational & other documents produced by the candidates by the concerned appointing authorities.
- Department is not responsible for non-receipt of email/SMS by the candidate due to any specific reason or without any reason arising out of providers services and other dependencies. However, a physical communication in regard to provisional selection intimation will be sent by respective
recruiting authorities in due course as per the selection procedure.
- For applying online candidate should submit the application by providing information of Registration Number to proceed to fill up the subsequent information. Documents once uploaded against one registration number will available for submission of subsequent posts or for other Circles. Hence, candidates need not upload any documents further. The candidates need to upload the following documents in the formats and sizes as prescribed, Hence it is advised to keep the scaned documents ready in softcopy form before applying online.
How to Apply:
- Candidate who desires to apply online will have to register himself / herself in the portal through https://indiapost.gov.in or http://appost.in/gdsonline with effect from 15.03.2019 to 15.04.2019 with the following basic details to obtain the Registration Number:- (i)Name (In capital letter as per X class certificate Marks Memo including spaces) (ii) Father Name (iii) Mobile Number (Unique for one Registration number) (iv) Date of Birth (v) Gender (vi) Community (vii) PH – Type of Disability – (HH/OH/VH)- Percentage of disability (viii) State in which Xth class passed (ix) Board in which Xth class passed (x) Year of Passing Xth class (xi) Xth Class Certificate Number / Roll Number (optional).
- Only one Registration is allowed for one candidate. The same registration number should be used for submission of applications during the cycle to any of the circles. Mobile number mapping is mandatory for Registration.Once Registered the same mobile number will not be allowed for further Registrations of any other candidates also. In case of any duplicate Registration is found by altering the basic details all the candidatatures relating to all such Registrations will be removed for consideration of selection.Any candidate who forgot the registration number can retrieve the registration number through option ‘Forgot registration’.
- For more than 150 years, the Department of Posts (DoP) has been the backbone of the country’s communication and has played a crucial role in the country’s socio-economic development. It touches the lives of Indian citizens in many ways: delivering mails, accepting deposits under Small Savings Schemes, providing life insurance cover under Postal Life Insurance (PLI) and Rural Postal Life Insurance (RPLI) and providing retail services like bill collection, sale of forms, etc. The DoP also acts as an agent for Government of India in discharging other services for citizens such as Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme (MGNREGS) wage disbursement and old age pension payments. With 1, 55,015 Post Offices, the DoP has the most widely distributed postal network in the world.
click above to download
the employment notification
click above to apply
now online or download form